Photo

Best Major Enemy?

18 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Major Enemy? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

What's the best major enemy from the Stargate universe?

1. Goa'uld (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Ori (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

3. Replicators (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

4. Wraith (10 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

What major enemy from the Stargate universe (SG-1 & Atlantis) do you think is the best, most evil, most dangerous enemy?

These four enemies spread across the known universe:

The Goa'uld were a dominant enemy in our galaxy (Milky Way Galaxy), the Ori are a dominant enemy in the Alteran's home galaxy, the Replicators are a dominant enemy in the Asgard's home galaxy, and the Wraith are a dominant enemy in the Pegasus Galaxy (where the city of Atlantis is located).
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trek_dude

trek_dude

Time Traveling Counterist from the planet Gallifrey

• Members
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:44 PM

It has got to be "The Wraith" :fear: :fear:
League of the Non Alligned Sci Fi Club - join the real life chatroom.
www.LOTNA.org.uk

#3 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:46 PM

A close tie between The Ori and Goa'uld. What makes them so dangerous is not the Ori or Goa'uld themselves, but their disciples. True believers always make false gods a dangerous thing to be dealt with. If a god is false then the only strength he or she ultimately has is the faith and determination of their followers to carry out any crazy and sick thing the false god can think of to enhance their own power and domination over others.

A real God wouldn't even need anyone to believe in it for it to be omni-everything, It simply IS.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#4 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

^ I agree with Shlomi on this one. Though, I think the Ori are a bigger threat than the Goa'uld.
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

#5 NX01

NX01

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

the Replicators are the most awsome bad guys ever. Shame their all dead now :(

But Reckoning parts 1 and 2 are my absolute fave Stargate eps ever!!!!

HURRAH FOR REPLICATORS!!!!
Art Department
Flash Programming Team

Posted Image

Legends Never Die...

#6 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:59 AM

You know, something just occured to me. The Ori don't know about the Pegasus Galaxy. If they did, then the inhabitants would have to worry about them and the Wraith.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#7 YuZe

YuZe

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

My vote goes to Wraith. Those guys are very bad, and great created, with those hands feeding of humans. And one other thing about replicators, they are very similar to Borg from Star Trek.

#8 Enterprise Best Trek Ever!

Enterprise Best Trek Ever!

Commodore

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

My vote goes to Wraith. Those guys are very bad, and great created, with those hands feeding of humans. And one other thing about replicators, they are very similar to Borg from Star Trek.

They are similar aren't.The ability to adapt and replicate was the replicators biggest strength, but I was so happy when they all died. I haven't seen season 9 yet so excluding the Ori from my vote, I would have to say the Wraith are the biggest threat.
It is the burden we must carry!
The Wrap Trail is still hot and it will lead us back to Enterprise!
Were steppin Up a Level for the silver will never settle Enterprise is taking the Gold Medal!
Season 5 will prevail!

#9 le_dartagnan

le_dartagnan

Commodore

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

Ori

The faith of the people is stronger than the faith people had in the Ga'ulds.
People feared the Ga'ulds, whereas the followers of the Ori really believe in the "miracles".

This is why faith can be so dangerous. It turns people to other people, just to give power
to some people with knowledge... of how to manipulate people.

Qap'la
le_dartagnan
:klingon: :klingon: :klingon:

#10 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

The Ori are a much more dangerous enemy then the goa'uld becuase the goa'uld never had any powers they just use the technology of other races to gain followers. The Ori on the other hand are pretty much as close to being a god without being one.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Remember The USS Cole, London, Bali, Madrid, Tunisia, Kenya and Tanzania, Riyadh, Amman, 9/11: New York, The Pentagon, and Pennsylvania

#11 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:36 PM

And one other thing about Replicators, they are very similar to Borg from Star Trek.

Except that the Borg are cybernetic lifeforms and the Replicators are just machines. Oh, and the Borg are trying to achieve perfection through assimilating unique lifeforms into their collective, whereas the Replicators' only goal is to eat raw materials and grow in numbers (they think they're already perfect, or at least they act like it).
Posted Image

#12 SirPhilip86

SirPhilip86

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:47 PM

i voted for Goa'uld as best major enemy.
" JOIN THE ANTI-BUNNY ALLIANCE AND STOP THEM FROM WREAKING HAVOC IN AUSTRALIA!"

#13 wolf359

wolf359

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:53 AM

The replicators as they nearly wiped out the Asguard.

#14 fox242411

fox242411

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

IT is the wraith you have to love them

#15 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

This may be a bit premature of me since I'm still pretty new to Stargate (I've yet to see anything with the Replicators, so I have no opinion of them), but I voted for the Ori. They're currently my favourite part of the SG universe. I find their huge power and massive armies to be very awe inspiring, and the whole religious fanatic thing is very creepy. It's also an interesting twist to have an enemy whose army is essential made up of normal and mostly good (if deeply misguided) people.

I don't have a problem with the Goa'uld, but they strike me as a bit cartoonish and simplisitic. The same can kind of be said of the Wraith.

#16 Ben_Jamin

Ben_Jamin

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

I couldn't decide between the Ori and the Goa'uld. So, I left it to one detail: which one has better looking representation, and, lo and behold Ori win hands down, thank you Adria.

Who woulda thought a power hungry nut job that fancied Daniel (Seriously, what is it with girls and geeks on SG-1, good thing they didn't have the problemo on Atlantis or Rodney would have seen more action than Sheppard, lol) could be helpful towards the greater good, lol.
http://ds-10.starfleetuk.org <--- USS Paladin, Sovereign Class, Obsidian Fleet
http://anne.epsilonf...x.php?page=main <--- USS Anne, Ambassador Class, Epsilon Force

"A Female's in the House, She Must be Mounted." - Alan Harper About Charlie Harper's sleeping with Judith's new sister-in-law, Two and a Half Men

#17 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

I voted for the Wraith.

#18 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

Lol, Maco, I think you busted the forums.
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#19 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

Lol, Maco, I think you busted the forums.

Uh-oh. I was wondering about that... :o

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users