Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Not the worst. He is tied with Malcolm Reed for that distinction. :rolleyes:

#43 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:24 AM

Wesley was a bad charactor. TNG could have done without him.
Let's Roll

#44 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:13 PM

I always thought it was great when Picard told him to shut up. I found a sound clip of it and saved it to my computer, so I can cherish it always.

Ha ha, glad to see I'm not alone...

Anywho, yes, for some reason I dislike Wesley Crusher. When I think about it, there's little to no practical reason why, but I just do.
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#45 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:11 AM

^^^No need to wonder. It's an entirely natural reaction. Wesley was designed to be hated! :naughty3dg:

#46 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

Wesley was a bad charactor. TNG could have done without him.

I agree with that :thumbsup:

#47 Madame President

Madame President

Confused, as a general rule

• Members
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

he was so irritating. so much. gave a bad name to teenagers everywhere. he was so stupid. I liked the episode where he fell in love with the princess girl who turned out to be that giant monster thing and then her and her monster nanny had a big old showdown. :lol: served him right really.
"Only Nixon can go to China." -Vulcan Proverb

Landru: are you of the Body?

Proud to be a member of SANITY

#48 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:44 PM

he was so irritating. so much. gave a bad name to teenagers everywhere. he was so stupid. I liked the episode where he fell in love with the princess girl who turned out to be that giant monster thing and then her and her monster nanny had a big old showdown. :lol: served him right really.

Exactly!!! :lol: The right person finally came into his life in that episode!

#49 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:12 PM

LOL! That was a no-brainer, since no self-respecting human teenager could fall for Wesley, I just knew that the Dauphin would have to end up being some kind of warty alien or an amorphous puddle of slime! I was just waiting for it to happen! :naughty3dg:

#50 ssssss

ssssss

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:44 AM

Someone in that series should have shoved Wesley into the warp core... that would have been the best episode ever.

#51 louiskaty2

louiskaty2

Commodore

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

Wesley Crusher was a well written character within the Star Trek franchise. Even believeable, if you take into account the century being portrayed. For example, when my generation were teenagers we were on a completely different level technologically than our parents were. We had the new transistor technology that began doing away with big bulky tube-radios, color on tv, though rare to find, was just coming into its own and the dashboard pushbutton clutch was quickly being replaced by this neat on the steering-wheel thingy called automatic transmission.

Now let's move that up to my kid's generation, then my grand kid's....you can see what I am getting at. My grand kid's gen. is so far ahead of my generation on the technology scale it is remarkable.

However, all that being said, they are still teenagers, dealing with the changes that occur in their minds, emotions and especially those harmones.

That is what I liked about Wesley Crusher. We have in his character a highly intellectual teenager that can talk about and understand quantum physics the same way my generation amazed our parents when we talked about our new small hand-held transistor radios, while at the same time, seeing this young man go through the same pangs and confusion that every teenager has gone through regardless of the era they lived in. Adolescence is the one constant in the universe that does not change regardless of the technological level of a society. Roddenberry, and later Berman was able to aptly portray that angst and wonder through the eyes of Wesley Crusher. Not an easy thing to do on camera, but Wheaton did it almost perfectly.

So, if Wes made you cringe at times....bravo! That is exactly what teenagers have been doing since Adam looked at Cain and Abel and asked Eve, "What the hell were we thinking?"

Well said!

Posted Image

Actually, the first few episodes of TNG had me wanting to throw Wesley out of the airlock as well, however once those first few awkward episodes were put behind us Wesley was actually a halfway decent character. When he left during the 4th season I would have perfered seeing him remain for the 2nd half of Next Gen.
Gone...

#52 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

Wesley Crusher... dear lord, he was annoying! I like Wil Wheaton, but Wesley... I was relieved when they sent him off to Starfleet Academy.

Of course, I think they should've done that in the first season, but that's besides the point.

#53 bitmap

bitmap

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:04 AM

I didn't find him annoying..
He was just a teen.. acting like a teen.
There's nothing wrong with that.
"Sir! I protest! I am NOT a merry man!"

#54 Helen

Helen

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

When I first watched TNG I found him hugely annoying and I wasn't that far off from the character's supposed age. I think I disliked the character because he was just such a good-two-shoes. He was supposed to be a teenager but where was the rebellion? Now when I watch the series, he doesn't bother me. I'm not convinced that Will Wheaton did a bad job of acting, I don't know that the character was that well written compared to those around him.

#55 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

I don't hate Wesley Crusher. He's a great character.

#56 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Me this personage too like.he is good pilot on starship "Enterpirse" class galaxy in 4-5 season's. I remember,how he join in starfleet academy,ho he was hard,but in end he was cadet starfleet academy.

#57 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

It wasn't that he was just a kid that was so irritating, Jake and Nog were kids, they never made me cringe once. It was the way Wesley was written as a nauseating know it all that made him so audious. Will Wheaton did a reasonable job with the uniformed Wes, but the younger bratt had no redeeming features.

Edited by Greystone, 04 November 2011 - 06:33 PM.

#58 Warpfactor7

Warpfactor7

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

I can't stand Wesley Crusher. I find this video funny and even Data found it funny as well.:roflmao:

Wesley Dies
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0vjrIj5fEX0

#59 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

That is brilliant.

#60 Breachwood

Breachwood

Lieutenant, J.G.