Wesley Crusher haters...here! :-)

60 replies to this topic

#1 Nickolov

Nickolov

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:58 AM

I hate Wesley Crusher. He's one of the worse charaters in all Star Trek.

Macedonian National Coordinator @ TFU

Posted Image

MakTrek blog | Crapwerk blog

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:01 AM

Hate is such a strong word. Let's go with dislike.
Honk if you love silence.

Ordinary Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Posted Image

#3 Captain_THC

Captain_THC

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:56 AM

Yes, hate is not the right word... to hate someone, that means opposite of loving him/her. Thats emotions talking.... With wesley there is no emotion except feeling nausia, having need to light a smoke or go to the bathroom, when he comes into view. I'm glad that Wesley doesnt have abilities of Q to drop in any time he pleases....that would make me very uncomfortable, as i would watch in fear of next moment he might drop in. :fear:

Its not so much of hate as it is emotion of fear...lol. I really dont know what producers were thinking, making his caracter, but i must admit....wesley excelled in his role. :) :) :)
I can never forget that geekish smile on his face... :eekout:
http://video.google....205277695921912#
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
http://www.youtube.c...7mA&feature=fvw

"Enough so that if Shakespeare's line about killing all the lawyers came to pass the halls of Washington would have only cockroaches and lobbyists, which would probably interbreed." by Sevnson_71

#4 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

Wesley Crusher was a well written character within the Star Trek franchise. Even believeable, if you take into account the century being portrayed. For example, when my generation were teenagers we were on a completely different level technologically than our parents were. We had the new transistor technology that began doing away with big bulky tube-radios, color on tv, though rare to find, was just coming into its own and the dashboard pushbutton clutch was quickly being replaced by this neat on the steering-wheel thingy called automatic transmission.

Now let's move that up to my kid's generation, then my grand kid's....you can see what I am getting at. My grand kid's gen. is so far ahead of my generation on the technology scale it is remarkable.

However, all that being said, they are still teenagers, dealing with the changes that occur in their minds, emotions and especially those harmones.

That is what I liked about Wesley Crusher. We have in his character a highly intellectual teenager that can talk about and understand quantum physics the same way my generation amazed our parents when we talked about our new small hand-held transistor radios, while at the same time, seeing this young man go through the same pangs and confusion that every teenager has gone through regardless of the era they lived in. Adolescence is the one constant in the universe that does not change regardless of the technological level of a society. Roddenberry, and later Berman was able to aptly portray that angst and wonder through the eyes of Wesley Crusher. Not an easy thing to do on camera, but Wheaton did it almost perfectly.

So, if Wes made you cringe at times....bravo! That is exactly what teenagers have been doing since Adam looked at Cain and Abel and asked Eve, "What the hell were we thinking?"
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#5 TripPiLoT

TripPiLoT

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:05 AM

Spoken as a true Vulcan!
I'm the pilot trough your trip!

#6 aussie trek mom

aussie trek mom

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:15 AM

Wesley could get a little annoying at times but then what teenager doesn't <grin>. I enjoyed watching his character develop, he did a great job portraying the character he was assigned

#7 the gunslinger

the gunslinger

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:59 AM

Wesley could get a little annoying at times but then what teenager doesn't <grin>. I enjoyed watching his character develop, he did a great job portraying the character he was assigned

As awful a Character Wesley was, Troy and Riker are much worse they have over the years made TNG unwatchable for me and totaly ruined the finnaly of Enterprise.

#8 Borg Queen

Borg Queen

Commodore

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:28 PM

i hate wesley. hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
AWC-WARRIOR
Never give up. Never surrender.
Posted Image
(\_/)
(0.0)
(> <)
O__O

#9 Zenith

Zenith

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:46 PM

I always thought it was great when Picard told him to shut up. I found a sound clip of it and saved it to my computer, so I can cherish it always.

#10 Divich

Divich

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

I dont hate Wesley, i dont like him at all.

ps, Hate is not a strong word, but love is. So i love to hate Wesley :vomit:
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit
Posted Image

http://www.maktrek.org.mk/
divich@maktrek.org.mk

#11 Zenith

Zenith

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

Oh, right, I forgot to actually answer the question.

Nah, I don't hate him, he was funny. And if I get to make the series I've been writing, you'll see Captain Crusher commanding the Enterprise-E.

#12 Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

I dont hate him (in fact I like all the chracters on Generation; though Q was annoying, but i did not hate him). I mean Hating someone even a fictional chracter is just childish in my book. I feel pitty for all who hate him or any person or chracter in any movie, tv series, etc.
CLICK THE IMAGE:
Posted Image
-

#13 cross_jon

cross_jon

Commodore

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:07 PM

Yes - I definately harbor a feeling a great loathing towards the MiniCrusher...
Help us fight cancer -- Join GRID and Team Trek-United...
Posted Image

#14 trek_dude

trek_dude

Time Traveling Counterist from the planet Gallifrey

• Members
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:12 PM

Hate is a strong word, i did disliike Wesley Crusher very very much
League of the Non Alligned Sci Fi Club - join the real life chatroom.
www.LOTNA.org.uk

#15 Locutus of Borg

Locutus of Borg

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:20 AM

Hate is a strong word, i did disliike Wesley Crusher very very much

Yes I agree..though I thought he was okay.
CLICK THE IMAGE:
Posted Image
-

#16 J L. Haws

J L. Haws

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:01 AM

He was used way too much in the wrong way, he could had been handeld diffrently for people to better relate to him. It seems they made him the smart kid in school people love to hate.

#17 trekie

trekie

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

He was annoying. It was interesting though to see a little of the training process through the academy he went through, this gave Starfleet a little more background.

#18 lwallace2

lwallace2

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:06 PM

I dont hate him (in fact I like all the chracters on Generation; though Q was annoying, but i did not hate him). I mean Hating someone even a fictional chracter is just childish in my book. I feel pitty for all who hate him or any person or chracter in any movie, tv series, etc.

i was an older teen when i watched TNG. i remember cringing at times and going 'yeah right' and being annoyed with him occasionally but that's it.

i might have agreed with you at some point that hating a fictional character is childish, until i started watching 24 this season. i HATE the new president!!!!! LOL. and i say props to the writers (and the actor) for being able to bring out such emotions...

but i never hated wesley. my problem is that i think when wil wheaton acts, you can TELL he's acting. that's what turns me off and makes it hard for me to like a character.

#19 Borg Queen

Borg Queen

Commodore

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

he is very very anoying out of 10 of anoyingness there is not enough virtual memory on the computer for the number. has anyone seen the ending of the enterpriseflashed episode episode 4 these are the voyages.html funny
AWC-WARRIOR
Never give up. Never surrender.
Posted Image
(\_/)
(0.0)
(> <)
O__O

#20 sarjenka

sarjenka

Commander

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:51 AM

Wesley Crusher was a well written character within the Star Trek franchise. Even believeable, if you take into account the century being portrayed. For example, when my generation were teenagers we were on a completely different level technologically than our parents were. We had the new transistor technology that began doing away with big bulky tube-radios, color on tv, though rare to find, was just coming into its own and the dashboard pushbutton clutch was quickly being replaced by this neat on the steering-wheel thingy called automatic transmission.

Now let's move that up to my kid's generation, then my grand kid's....you can see what I am getting at. My grand kid's gen. is so far ahead of my generation on the technology scale it is remarkable.

However, all that being said, they are still teenagers, dealing with the changes that occur in their minds, emotions and especially those harmones.

That is what I liked about Wesley Crusher. We have in his character a highly intellectual teenager that can talk about and understand quantum physics the same way my generation amazed our parents when we talked about our new small hand-held transistor radios, while at the same time, seeing this young man go through the same pangs and confusion that every teenager has gone through regardless of the era they lived in. Adolescence is the one constant in the universe that does not change regardless of the technological level of a society. Roddenberry, and later Berman was able to aptly portray that angst and wonder through the eyes of Wesley Crusher. Not an easy thing to do on camera, but Wheaton did it almost perfectly.

So, if Wes made you cringe at times....bravo! That is exactly what teenagers have been doing since Adam looked at Cain and Abel and asked Eve, "What the hell were we thinking?"

What an excellent response! Agree 100 %. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users