starship creator warp 2

27 replies to this topic

#21 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

I had asked before if i needed a disc of the win98 or win95, which i dont have. I assumed maybe the program since you could select a OS and i selected 98 would instal it. All i have is xp or vists discs.

Or maybe i just dont know how to load it through the program properly, or am missing something?

Nah man, you'll be needing a Win98 install disk for the install.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#22 neb220

neb220

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

Heres the solution i came up with. Easier than anything i tried before by a long shot.
1. Installed game on Vista, use in compatibility mode.
2. Manually copy all files to a blank disc( i used a dvd, prob dosent matter) Burn them to disc.
3. Run game, play, have fun.

#23 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

Yeah you can do that, I did that with an install of Doom at one point. The one hitch is you can't save your game or your ships.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#24 Rebounder18

Rebounder18

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:34 AM

I had asked afore if i bare a disc of the win98 or win95, which i dont have. I affected maybe the affairs back you could baddest a OS and i called 98 would instal it. All i accept is xp or vists discs.

#25 Calfuray

Calfuray

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:50 AM

... The one hitch is you can't save your game or your ships.

Actually you can save your game and ships. To save yer game you have to tell all the exe files in the Warp2 folders to run as administrator. And to be able to save ships you have to unset the read-only flag on the export folder. The problem is that the game will not import ships in Vista. Gives some error about Director Player expecting an integer. On another note I have never had any problems getting Warp2 to work on XP.

#26 ADM Obvious

ADM Obvious

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:28 AM

OK, I figured this sh*t out. Warp 2 only works if you have both Warp 2 and the original or deluxe Starship Creator disk in your computer at the same time. The following is my solution to the problem if you only have 1 CD tray.

First of all, download and install Magic Disk or comparable Virtual CD Drive (after installation set the number of drives to at least one more than you have).

You will need .ISO files of at least one of the CDs so go ahead and use a Torrent site and client (like uTorrent) to download an .ISO of the disk you don't have ( there is one torrent that has both I recommend this one so you don't need to risk that one of your disks gets damaged.)

After the DL of the torrent is complete go ahead and mount up the drives, this tricks the computer into thinking that both disks are in the system simultaneously.

Open "My Computer" and go to the one labeled "Warp2" double-click it and find the icon labeled "Setup" double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.

Once the install is complete you can use the "Mission Creator" and build all the Original and Warp 2 ships. However, don't try to add new crew candidates or you will need to uninstall Warp 2 and reinstall it.

Edited by ADM Obvious, 01 June 2011 - 03:32 AM.

#27 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

I never do not play in this game.Please say: this game is interesting or no.I hear,what in this game need will be created starship,after can will be fly on ship.I mean,what this game as "Star Trek:Legacy",but maybe i mistake.
I think,what can will be play in this game. I play in "Star Trek: Bridge commander" and "Star Trek:Armada",think,what this game will be as "Bridge commander".Itoo think,what enemy ships in game will be is very strong.

Edited by Martok, 02 June 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#28 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

display your ships!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users