Photo

Favorite Time-Related Episode?

52 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite time-related episode? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite time-related episode?

1. Time and Again (S1) (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

2. Eye of the Needle (S1) (3 votes [4.84%])

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

3. Future's End (S3) (5 votes [8.06%])

Percentage of vote: 8.06%

4. Before and After (S3) (1 votes [1.61%])

5. Year of Hell (S4) (14 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

6. Timeless (S5) (9 votes [14.52%])

Percentage of vote: 14.52%

7. Gravity (S5) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Relativity (S5) (7 votes [11.29%])

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

9. Blink of an Eye (S6) (3 votes [4.84%])

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

10. Fury (S6) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Shattered (S7) (1 votes [1.61%])

12. Endgame (S7) (18 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Serena

Serena

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:13 AM

I'm almost torn between Future's End and Year of Hell. Both episodes were awesome! But in the end I would have to go with Future's End because that one just rocks more!
http://www.sitarafleet.com We've got many simms to join and are taking CO apps and transfers. Inquire within!
I'm always looking for new crew on the Sitara Shri and the USS Pathfinder. Check us out! http://www.sitarafleet.com/sitarashri and http://www.simmhost.co.cc/pathfinder

Posted Image

#42 AKingsbury

AKingsbury

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

Without a doubt it has to be relativity!!

Seeing Voyager in dry dock made it!!
Aaron Kingsbury
U.S.S. Voyager

Posted Image

#43 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

I liked Endgame the best. The Year of Hell was also a very good episode.

#44 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

I also liked Relativity.

Edited by Chief Cottingham, 20 December 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#45 Hpfan28

Hpfan28

Trekunited Moderator

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

I liked endgame, so I voted for that. :)

#46 Chief Engineer Scott

Chief Engineer Scott

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

Year of Hell gets my vote - a great episode - and a great performance by Kurtwood Smith aka Red Foreman from That 70s Show.

Timeless is a very close second. "Chakotay, Problems!" "I can see that!"
Posted Image

Excuse me… Excuse me. I’d just like to ask a question… What does God need with a starship? -James Kirk,
I was not aware, Mr. Barris, that twelve Klingons constitutes a swarm." - James Kirk

#47 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

I haven't watched much time related episodes. But i really like ,,Time and Again''. so it got my vote.

#48 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

The Year of Hell without a doubt the best time related show.

#49 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

Futures End was really good.

#50 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

Futures End was really good.

that episode rules!

#51 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

I may not be the biggest VOY fan ever, but I do remember liking the episode "Eye Of The Needle" a lot. So, it got my vote.

#52 Angel Sakura

Angel Sakura

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

I voted for timeless, I thought it was a well written episode and the actors did a really good job with it.
"Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. Solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. And wait till you're sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles, see if you're so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding. Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence." ~ Bones

#53 NMdum1

NMdum1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:49 AM

I am voting for 'Timeless' as well, it was well written and well acted making surprisingly good use of two characters, Chakotay and Harry that normally don't contribute much and had a great teaser with the crash on the ice moon. Garrett Wang's finest hour by a mile.

I enjoyed 'Year of Hell' a lot, though its not what you would call a conventional time-travel story, more an action-adventure story in an alternate scenario, though of course ramming Voyager into the Krenim ship was very cool. 'Eye of the Needle' is one of the best episodes from the first season just because of the twist at the end where its revealed that the Romulan Captain died years before Voyager left DS9 for the Badlands and therefore probably didn't get the crew's messages to the families off safe. 'Before and After' was an intelligent use of Kes's unique nature and made a clever re-use of the Tom-Kes relationship from the second season. I liked 'Relativity' despite itself, it was just plain fun and although it didn't make any sense, did at least give us a peek at how Seven 'sees' her surroundings. 'Blink of an Eye' contained a brilliant basic idea, their presence had interfered with another culture, had affected their development, had sped up their space program etc and was a lovely first contact story without being a conventional time travel story and the visualisation of the differences in time-frame between the two societies, the alien astronauts aboard Voyager and everybody standing dead still because they are moving too slowly for the astronauts to perceive was really clever. I confess I also rather liked 'Shattered', if only because it was a real greatest hits episode, Chakotay is actually tolerable (he seems to be better in the time travel episodes strangely), Alpha Quadrant-Janeway's shocked responses to all the chaos around her and the cameos from Seska (who I loved) and Doctor Chaotica (what's not to love about a mad professor bent of controlling the cosmos). Oh and the Mexican stand-off at the end with Seska mouthing off about them not wanting to risk Janeway, suddenly the doors to Engineering open and who should appear but a cool as a cucumber fully-Borg Seven of Nine who promptly makes short work of Seska and when satisfied her job is done, turns and leave without so much as a by-your-leave. Crowning moment of awesomeness!

I really hated 'Endgame', I did think it was a re-write of 'Timeless' with the Borg thrown-in, it told us the future only to invalidate it at the end, I had begun to loathe Janeway by the end so two of them were near unbareable especially because she had no business changing the timeline just so a few of her mates could live when god-knows how many of the rest of her crew did not, they turned B'Elanna into a comedy birth sequence which wasn't funny and lets not even speak about what they did to Seven. I still contend it should have been Seven facing down the Borg Queen for the future of the Collective ala Luke Skywalker versus Darth Vader in 'The Return of the Jedi', Janeway should only have facilitated that at best. Totally misjudged. It's not as bad as 'These Are The Voyages', but as intentional finales go (not counting TOS's 'Turnabout Intruder' which was never meant to be a finale), its the worst of the lot baring the abomination that is 'TATV', but its getting close too for me.

Edited by NMdum1, 22 December 2011 - 07:54 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users