Photo

Favorite Data Episode?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite Data episode? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite Data episode?

1. Datalore (S1) (2 votes [3.51%])

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

2. Elementary, Dear Data (S2) (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

3. The Schizoid Man (S2) (1 votes [1.75%])

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

4. The Measure of a Man (S2) (13 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

5. Pen Pals (S2) (2 votes [3.51%])

6. The Ensigns of Command (S3) (2 votes [3.51%])

7. The Offspring (S3) (4 votes [7.02%])

8. The Most Toys (S3) (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

9. Brothers (S4) (1 votes [1.75%])

10. Data's Day (S4) (5 votes [8.77%])

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

11. Clues (S4) (2 votes [3.51%])

12. In Theory (S4) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

13. Silicon Avatar (S5) (0 votes [0.00%])

14. The Quality of Life (S6) (1 votes [1.75%])

15. Birthright, Part I (S6) (4 votes [7.02%])

16. Descent (S6 & S7) (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

17. Phantasms (S7) (2 votes [3.51%])

18. Inheritance (S7) (0 votes [0.00%])

19. Thine Own Self (S7) (4 votes [7.02%])

20. Masks (S7) (4 votes [7.02%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Protectobot

Protectobot

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

Greetings everyone! I come from the future (since it's been TWO years since the last post, haha).

I voted for 'The Measure of a Man', and while I usually don't appear to be a bandwagon jumper, I picked it because it's ALL about Data and his rights. He could have been accidentally destroyed, until the outcome of the ep was determined! It's also got great performances by my 2 fave' characters: Data, and Picard :D

Having said that, I ADMIT, I'm still watching the rest of the ST eps, including some of these eps on the list, for the firs time, so my vote isn't really based on thorough 'research'. Thank goodness voting on fictional stuff rarely has consequences in the REAL world! lol.

'The Offspring' was great. 'In Theory' actually disappointed me, but let's blame the female lead character for the ep, and not Data: she should have known how someone like Data would act! He showed the annoying side to his character, which made me cringe a bit, but no one's perfect, right?!?!

'Brothers' was ok. The first part was scary and cool, though: don't mess with Data! 'Data's Day' was another ep, like 'TMoaM', that had me shouting in glee 'YAYYYYYYY, DAta!' at the end :D lol Robots RULE (the ones with depth, anyway lol).

'The Most Toys' was decent, but the concept seemed a little cliched, to me, although I actually found the investigation of the shuttle crash--for Data's benefit--the most compelling part of the episode.

[Data LIVES, btw. The comics maintain and update the lives of many TNG characters. I consider it as though it "actually happened", since the definition of "canon" for the ST world does not mean "never happened", but only simplifies the term as including any TNG ep or movie (whatever Paramount made, I think...).]

#62 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:29 AM

Birthright 1. The episode was awesome! And in it Data becomes more human.

#63 skim

skim

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

Not really a Data episode but I liked Redemption Part 2 as one of my favorite Data moments. In this episode Data assumes command of a ship but experiences prejudice from the ships first officer. But his ingenious maneuver to detect the cloaked romulan warbirds earns him his respect from the first officer. Another favorite data moment would be in Gambit where Data temporarily assumes command of the Enterprise while Picard and Riker are on board an alien ship in search for a Romulan Artifact. Worf is dissatisfied with Data's command ability, but Data puts him in his place. lol. But my top Data episodes would probably be:

Offspring
Brothers
Data's Day
Time's Arrow
Hero Worship
Measure of a Man
Masks
Clues
Phantasms

#64 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

For me most favorite Data episode-this "Masks".Me really had been interested watch this epic episode.Strange ghost,illusion old temple on "Enterprise",attack Masaka and many other.I give this episode 8 stars from 10,because this my very liked episode in season seven.And of course me liked episode from season one:"Datalore".Me really liked this both episodes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users