Photo

Favorite Data Episode?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite Data episode? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite Data episode?

1. Datalore (S1) (2 votes [3.51%])

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

2. Elementary, Dear Data (S2) (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

3. The Schizoid Man (S2) (1 votes [1.75%])

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

4. The Measure of a Man (S2) (13 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

5. Pen Pals (S2) (2 votes [3.51%])

6. The Ensigns of Command (S3) (2 votes [3.51%])

7. The Offspring (S3) (4 votes [7.02%])

8. The Most Toys (S3) (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

9. Brothers (S4) (1 votes [1.75%])

10. Data's Day (S4) (5 votes [8.77%])

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

11. Clues (S4) (2 votes [3.51%])

12. In Theory (S4) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

13. Silicon Avatar (S5) (0 votes [0.00%])

14. The Quality of Life (S6) (1 votes [1.75%])

15. Birthright, Part I (S6) (4 votes [7.02%])

16. Descent (S6 & S7) (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

17. Phantasms (S7) (2 votes [3.51%])

18. Inheritance (S7) (0 votes [0.00%])

19. Thine Own Self (S7) (4 votes [7.02%])

20. Masks (S7) (4 votes [7.02%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:11 PM

What's your favorite episode that focused on Data? I had to narrow the list down to 20 choices.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

I have fond memories of "The Offspring".

It even has a brief appearance by an Andorian (for all you ENT/TOS fans). It is one of the options Lal looks at for her final appearance.

"The Measure of a Man" also deserves a special mention...

#3 Lt. Munroe

Lt. Munroe

Crewman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

Hey, what about "Time's Arrow" part 1 and 2? That had a lot to do with Data. His head being in the past and all.

#4 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:52 PM

Hey, what about "Time's Arrow" part 1 and 2?  That had a lot to do with Data.  His head being in the past and all.

View Post

Like I said at the beginning of this thread, I had to narrow the choices down to 20 (that's the limit for the poll). "Time's Arrow" did have a lot to do with Data, but the episode focused on all of the characters, including Picard and Guinan. I had to narrow it down. Sorry.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#5 johneh

johneh

Commodore

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:17 PM

Which one is the episode in which Data is Jadin and cures the village of radiation poisoning?

That is the best Data episode in that Data is most interesting. However, "Measure of a Man" is the best episode if one simply considers the ideas, the story, and the dialogue.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#6 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

Which one is the episode in which Data is Jadin and cures the village of radiation poisoning?

View Post

That episode is "Thine Own Self" from Season 7.
Posted Image

#7 Stevie

Stevie

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:59 PM

I went with season 4's "Clues". I love that episode, it's a classic!
"You may say i'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" - John Lennon - "Imagine"

Somewhere in the night, inside my dreams you burn so bright, and I'm with you there and everything's alright. - Scott Bakula - "Somewhere in the night"

The secret of life is a good cuppa' coffee, the secret of life's keep ya eye on the ball, the secret of life is there's no secret at all! - Faith Hill - "The secret of life"

#8 windsong

windsong

Special Agent - Cuteness Investigations

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:56 AM

Measure of a Man by a long way for me - followed by Clues and Brothers.
CERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

European Recovery Group for Late Night Chats - sleeping partner zzzzzzzzz

Whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1, Misinformation is a weapon of mass destruction
You could be a Caucasian or a poor Asian, Racism is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether inflation or globalization, Fear is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether Halliburton or Enron or anyone, Greed is a weapon of mass destruction
We need to find courage, overcome,Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

Faithless 2004

#9 bev

bev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:55 PM

I loved Birthright, thats the one where he meets his Dad isn't it? I loved that, really touching, and best acting from Brent I think in probaly all TNG. Measure of a Man was brilliant in the cause for forwarding android rights, and the scene with Picard and Guinan just gives me the chills. MoaM makes me proud to be a trekkie.
Bev

#10 trek_dude

trek_dude

Time Traveling Counterist from the planet Gallifrey

• Members
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:23 PM

The Measure of a Man - one of the best TNG episodes
League of the Non Alligned Sci Fi Club - join the real life chatroom.
www.LOTNA.org.uk

#11 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

Sir Sexy - USA! USA! USA!

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:57 AM

I like "Birthright, Part I" where he discovers his dream program.

Posted Image

#12 RogueEntity

RogueEntity

::Resident Dragon::

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

What was the one where he starts seeing mouths on people and a straw in the side of Rikers head?
"Difficult takes a few seconds; impossible, a few minutes" - McKay

#13 trek_dude

trek_dude

• Members
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:07 PM

What was the one where he starts seeing mouths on people and a straw in the side of Rikers head?

that episode was called "Phantasms"
www.LOTNA.org.uk

#14 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:13 PM

I have to go with a non-episode. My favorite Data segments were found in the movie Generations. He was superb in that he was finally able to show a whole array of emotions and how someone unfamiliar with them would be devastated by them. That movie gave Spiner the opportunity to shine and, as far as I am concerned it was him and Shatner that saved that one from being a total loser.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#15 Kevbo32

Kevbo32

Ensign

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:28 PM

Yikes, there are A LOT of good Data episodes. I couldn't really choose and if I'm voting for a character episode I went with Data's Day (Season 4) in fact my favorite Data character episodes where from Season 4 alone. The TNG writers were at their hight point with Data on Season 4 in my opinion. Measure of a Man is a great episode indeed but I consider that more of a issue episode and I'm voting on character development even through it can be argued that Data developed in that episode.

What came very close in my voting before I finally and ultimately chose Data's Day (Season 4) was The Offspring (Season 3), Brothers (Season 4), Birthright prt. 1 (Season 6), and In Theory (Season 4). Both great character development episodes only if Data's Day and In Theory were two-parters, even through unlikely can you imagine the end of part one? "Data! Go talk to the bride she is having second thoughts!" :lol: Anyone knew that Data's Day sparked the story for In Theory? I think they would of worked better if they were all one episode but that's a lot to fit in so a two-parter would of made sense to work that out. Who says two-parters have to be action oriented or mystery/suspense theme?

#16 RogueEntity

RogueEntity

::Resident Dragon::

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

that episode was called "Phantasms"

Thanks TD, well Phantasms gets my vote, I just thought it was an interesting episode, allthough Data was better in the movies.

I have to go with a non-episode. My favorite Data segments were found in the movie Generations. He was superb in that he was finally able to show a whole array of emotions and how someone unfamiliar with them would be devastated by them. That movie gave Spiner the opportunity to shine and, as far as I am concerned it was him and Shatner that saved that one from being a total loser.

I agree with you on this one, Data did have some really good moments in Generations besides his almost imfamous quote when the ship was about to crash. But Generations was not Brents best performance. I thought he did really well in the next two subsequent movies perticular First Contact in his interactions with the borg queen. (Data and Picard made that movie particularly great IMO)
"Difficult takes a few seconds; impossible, a few minutes" - McKay

#17 Nickolov

Nickolov

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:22 AM

Anyone like "The Ensigns Of Command"? I enjoyed watching that episode. :)

Macedonian National Coordinator @ TFU

Posted Image

MakTrek blog | Crapwerk blog

#18 trek_dude

trek_dude

• Members
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:52 PM

yeah, thats not a bad epiosde. good data episode, loved it when he sabotaged the town water suppy with the phaser at the end
www.LOTNA.org.uk

#19 Kevbo32

Kevbo32

Ensign

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:15 PM

Yes I enjoyed that episode and I'm surprised that it doesn't get recognized as much as it should. Even through I stand by my vote I will go and say out of all of Season Three my top Data episodes are "The Ensigns of Command" and "The Offspring". What stands out in "The Ensigns of Command" is the relationship between Data and Ard'rian I wished they did more between them like in future episodes but it's not surprising with the TNG model and I sort of wished TNG did more mini-arcs once in a while. We got a little arc between the Romulans in the same season (3) but not enough throughout the series run.

#20 Kevbo32

Kevbo32

Ensign

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:17 PM

We should have a poll on "Favorite Data TNG movie" :P If it hasn't been done yet. Yeah I agree with all the posters here who have mentioned that Data really shined in the TNG films even through I think the other supporting characters were somewhat ignored such as Beverly Crusher, Deanna Troi, Worf, William Riker, and Geordi was mostly ignored after Generations.

For TNG films I'll cast my vote probably on "Generations" for best Data film right behind will be "First Contact" and everything else didn't seem as good after that. Even through I didn't enjoy the film that much "Nemesis" will probably be third Data film and "Insurrection" will be last it's like "Generations" and "First Contact" never happend in "Insurrection" and the same can be argued for "Nemesis".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users