Photo

Favorite Neelix Episode?

39 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite Neelix episode? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite Neelix episode?

1. Phage (S1) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Jetrel (S1) (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

3. Parturition (S2) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Tuvix (S2) (6 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

5. False Profits (S3) (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

6. Fair Trade (S3) (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Rise (S3) (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Mortal Coil (S4) (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

9. Once Upon a Time (S5) (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Riddles (S6) (0 votes [0.00%])

11. The Haunting of Deck Twelve (S6) (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

12. Repentance (S7) (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Homestead (S7) (9 votes [31.03%])

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie

Commodore

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

Homestead is what I voted as my favorite Neelix episode. Cause it was the last episode for him and he reunited with his people and a new love! :D

Posted Image

#22 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

I am torn between Mortal Coil and Homestead

#23 louiskaty2

louiskaty2

Commodore

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

I voted Tuvix - mainly becuase of a lack of Neelix.

Just kidding folks :innocent: - actually a really good episode.
Gone...

#24 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

are we going to do this about Neelix too? I liked him

:lol:

#25 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

Every time I see a Neelix episode I die a little inside.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#26 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

I don't get why people don't like Neelix, he was sweet. I want to give him a hug! He had sucha troubled past poor fella

#27 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:36 AM

"Jetrel" is definitely the best Neelix episode. "Fair Trade" is a good one too. "Parturition" is Funny and "Tuvix" is also a good one

I dislike"Mortal Coil" and "Homestead". "Mortal Coil" because of the whole unrealistic story and Braga's atheist propaganda which ha had to sneak into too many episodes. "Homestead" because of Neelix being kicked out of the show.

As for Neeilix himself, I like him. Great character! :thumbup:

Edited by Lynx6776, 05 July 2008 - 03:37 AM.

#28 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

"Jetrel" is definitely the best Neelix episode. "Fair Trade" is a good one too. "Parturition" is Funny and "Tuvix" is also a good one

I dislike"Mortal Coil" and "Homestead". "Mortal Coil" because of the whole unrealistic story and Braga's atheist propaganda which ha had to sneak into too many episodes. "Homestead" because of Neelix being kicked out of the show.

Neelix wasn't kicked out of the show. He was still in Endgame wasn't he. And he went off and got love and family, good for him. Everybody should have that especialy someone who lost as much as Neelix did

#29 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:53 AM

It was ridiculous to dump Neelix two episodes before the end and the story about Voyager finding a bunch of Talaxians so far away from their area of space was rather unrealistic.

Neelix had his best froends on the ship and he had promised not to let Janeway down. The events in "Homestead" did make him look like someone who doesn't kep his word.

Edited by Lynx6776, 08 July 2008 - 03:53 AM.

#30 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

It was ridiculous to dump Neelix two episodes before the end and the story about Voyager finding a bunch of Talaxians so far away from their area of space was rather unrealistic.

Neelix had his best froends on the ship and he had promised not to let Janeway down. The events in "Homestead" did make him look like someone who doesn't kep his word.

Sorry, but I disagree with you, and maybe you need to rewatch this episode (I do seem to recal you saying you haven't seen the seasons without Kes in them) Neelix didn't want to go at first, but Janeway practicaly told him to go. She offered him that position as an "ambassador" to make him go. She had to convince him to go. Nobody resented him for leaving, they were all happy for him. Weren't you happy for him that he found someone to love, someplace that he felt like home and a real family? Especialy with all the hardships he faced, it was so nice for him to finaly get that.

Besides can you imagine how incredibly lonely he would be on Earth? The only Talaxian in the whole quadrant, his only friends, the people from Voyager would be scattered on their new assignments. And what would he do? Open a restaurant? <_<

Athiest propaganda?? What are you talking about?

#31 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

^^
They should never have come up with that scenario in the first place. It was ridiculous that they would run into a bunch of Talaxians so far from Talaxian space and it was silly to create such a scenario just to dump Neelix.

He should have stayed on Voyager with Janeway and the others. They were his family. As for Neelix on Earth, he would have fitted in perfectly. A much better place for him than that isolated rock in space where he ended up in "Homestead". On Earth, he could hade started a restaurant near Starfleet Headquarters or something like that and he could have written a cook book! :thumbup:

Or he could have stayed on Voyager as cook and Morale Officer. At least he would have been available for events in the Voyager books.

As for Braga's atheist propaganda, we saw that in episodes like "Emanations", "Coda" and "Mortal Coil". He just had to put in his views about no afterlife and such. "Mortal Coil" was actually cruel when Neelix's hope of meeting his family again was crushed. What an awful episode!

I simply hate when certain writers or producers are trying to shove their beliefs down my throat.

#32 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:18 AM

Is there an episode where Neelix dies? No?

OK, Homestead then. Because no more Neelix is a good thing.
Captain, I am not a merry man! - Worf "Qpid"

#33 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:31 AM

^^
They should never have come up with that scenario in the first place. It was ridiculous that they would run into a bunch of Talaxians so far from Talaxian space and it was silly to create such a scenario just to dump Neelix.

He should have stayed on Voyager with Janeway and the others. They were his family. As for Neelix on Earth, he would have fitted in perfectly. A much better place for him than that isolated rock in space where he ended up in "Homestead". On Earth, he could hade started a restaurant near Starfleet Headquarters or something like that and he could have written a cook book! :thumbup:

Or he could have stayed on Voyager as cook and Morale Officer. At least he would have been available for events in the Voyager books.

As for Braga's atheist propaganda, we saw that in episodes like "Emanations", "Coda" and "Mortal Coil". He just had to put in his views about no afterlife and such. "Mortal Coil" was actually cruel when Neelix's hope of meeting his family again was crushed. What an awful episode!

I simply hate when certain writers or producers are trying to shove their beliefs down my throat.

when you watch a tv show, see a movie, or read a book all you are doing is seeing the writers beliefs about what is going on. If you don't like it stop watching it.

The episodes you mention, Emanations, Coda, and Mortal Coil have nothing to do with atheism. If you watch them closely you can see that. In Emanations at the end of the episode they mention a strange energy signature that Janeway herself said could be their "higher level of being"....where is the "athiest propoganda in that? Coda had nothing even to do with death. If you watch the episode you will see that Janeway wasn't even dead, she was invaded by an alien. And if you watch Mortal Coil again you will see that Neelix wasn't completely dead, if he was he wouldn't have been able to have been revived.

and so what if one or two episodes out of a whole show deal with something like Atheism? After all there are a lot of people who are atheists and their point of view should be represented also don't you think? It's not fair to always present one side of a case such as in religion.

And do you honestly not feel happy for Neelix that he found love? He was happy on that asteroid, there were his own people and more importantly he had LOVE there? Do you have love? It is very important and everyone should have it. People take great risks for love. And I don't think that finding a group of Talaxians out in space was any more unrealistic than finding a group of Ocampans out in space

Is there an episode where Neelix dies? No?

OK, Homestead then. Because no more Neelix is a good thing.

he "dies" in Mortal Coil, but then is revived

#34 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:15 AM

and so what if one or two episodes out of a whole show deal with something like Atheism? After all there are a lot of people who are atheists and their point of view should be represented also don't you think? It's not fair to always present one side of a case such as in religion.

Word!

Lynx6776 wrote: I simply hate when certain writers or producers are trying to shove their beliefs down my throat.

Considering that the creator of Star Trek, Gene Roddenberry was an atheist (agnostic?) it shouldn't be so surprising that there would be some questioning of different religions...

"Among leading scientists defined as members of the National Academy of Sciences, 72.2% expressed disbelief and 93% - disbelief or doubt in the existence of a personal god in 1998."
I guess it is a bit weird for me, as a Norwegian, to hear that a lot of Americans believe that an atheist has a tail and horns... More than 70% of the Norwegian population are atheists or agnostics.
Wikipedia:
In 2005, a survey conducted by Gallup International in sixty-five countries indicated that Norway was the least religious country in Western Europe, with 29% counting themselves as believing in a church or deity, 26% as being atheists, and 45% not being entirely certain. According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll 2005,[2] 32% of Norwegian citizens responded that "they believe there is a god", whereas 47% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 17% that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force".

#35 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

Word!

Lynx6776 wrote: I simply hate when certain writers or producers are trying to shove their beliefs down my throat.

Considering that the creator of Star Trek, Gene Roddenberry was an atheist (agnostic?) it shouldn't be so surprising that there would be some questioning of different religions...

"Among leading scientists defined as members of the National Academy of Sciences, 72.2% expressed disbelief and 93% - disbelief or doubt in the existence of a personal god in 1998."

I guess it is a bit weird for me, as a Norwegian, to hear that a lot of Americans believe that an atheist has a tail and horns... More than 70% of the Norwegian population are atheists or agnostics.
Wikipedia:
In 2005, a survey conducted by Gallup International in sixty-five countries indicated that Norway was the least religious country in Western Europe, with 29% counting themselves as believing in a church or deity, 26% as being atheists, and 45% not being entirely certain. According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll 2005,[2] 32% of Norwegian citizens responded that "they believe there is a god", whereas 47% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 17% that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force".

Man I'm moving to Norway! :clap:

I'm an athiest, and I'm always told that because of it I have no morals, compassion, ethics, and I've even been told that my kids and pets should be taken from me. Isn't that nice :lol:

#36 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

Man I'm moving to Norway! :clap:

I'm an athiest, and I'm always told that because of it I have no morals, compassion, ethics, and I've even been told that my kids and pets should be taken from me. Isn't that nice :lol:

:lol:
Posted Image

And guess what, they DO speak Norwegian in Hell *lol*

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hell,_Norway

#37 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

when you watch a tv show, see a movie, or read a book all you are doing is seeing the writers beliefs about what is going on. If you don't like it stop watching it.

The episodes you mention, Emanations, Coda, and Mortal Coil have nothing to do with atheism. If you watch them closely you can see that. In Emanations at the end of the episode they mention a strange energy signature that Janeway herself said could be their "higher level of being"....where is the "athiest propoganda in that? Coda had nothing even to do with death. If you watch the episode you will see that Janeway wasn't even dead, she was invaded by an alien. And if you watch Mortal Coil again you will see that Neelix wasn't completely dead, if he was he wouldn't have been able to have been revived.

And do you honestly not feel happy for Neelix that he found love? He was happy on that asteroid, there were his own people and more importantly he had LOVE there? Do you have love? It is very important and everyone should have it. People take great risks for love. And I don't think that finding a group of Talaxians out in space was any more unrealistic than finding a group of Ocampans out in space

he "dies" in Mortal Coil, but then is revived

I still dislike Braga's attempt to ram his beliefs down my throat. He presents only one side of the coin. I've seen movies and episodes and read books where the writers have had some sort of political and religious beliefs but at least been able to present more than one side of it.

I still think it was stupid to dump Neelix at the end of the series and the whole scenario with the Talaxians so far away from their own home world was silly. He was happy on Voyager and he could have found love in the Alpha Quadrant as well.

As for the Ocampa, Suspiria's array was at least rather close to the Ocampa planet and Voyager found it because they were looking for Suspiria.

Edited by Lynx6776, 11 July 2008 - 12:35 PM.

#38 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

I don't think he "rammed" it at all. Star Trek has usualy for the most part stayed away from religion (except of course for Bajorans). There are realy only 2 or 3 episodes on Voyager that had anything to do with afterlife or religion. I hardly think that's "ramming" but to each his own. Say what you want, I'm still happy for Neelix that he found his love :)

#39 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:33 AM

,,Tuvix'' followed by ,,False profits''.

Edited by Commander Lazar, 20 July 2011 - 04:23 AM.

#40 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

i was never really a fan of the Neelix character, however, i voted for mortal coil.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users