The Titan Series of novels

69 replies to this topic

#61 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:24 AM

Ahhhh... I get it now - they actually want to appear to care about consistency between lines of books? Really?

#62 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:32 AM

Ahhhh... I get it now - they actually want to appear to care about consistency between lines of books? Really?

Considering that this is the only way to get new licensed Trek at the moment, Pocket Books is making sure that everything lines up not only from story to story, but from series to series. Makes it seem more like one big happy universe that way. ;)

Posted Image

#63 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:19 AM

As good as it is to know that it still kinda sucks to have to wait over a year. Especially when you read a book in another series and all it does it tick you off (Before Dishonor comes to mind....grrrrr.)

#64 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

Considering that this is the only way to get new licensed Trek at the moment, Pocket Books is making sure that everything lines up not only from story to story, but from series to series. Makes it seem more like one big happy universe that way. ;)

Even the IDW comics are jumping on the continuity bandwagon. Peter David has said that the 'New Frontier' comic mini-series will pick-up the story where the last novel ended. From what I understand it's a sequel to 'Missing in Action' (I have to admit I haven't read any 'New Frontier' but I will definitly get the comic).

Posted Image

#65 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:04 AM

Well...okay I guess. Continuity in non-canon material almost seems superfluous to me but I'll play along.

Hey Chuck - are you out there? Have you read any of the Titan books?

#66 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

I am going through Titan book withdrawal. This waiting is stupid. :(

#67 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

Even the IDW comics are jumping on the continuity bandwagon. Peter David has said that the 'New Frontier' comic mini-series will pick-up the story where the last novel ended. From what I understand it's a sequel to 'Missing in Action' (I have to admit I haven't read any 'New Frontier' but I will definitly get the comic).

Yes actually it does, and so far sort of nicely [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]It's also going to tie into the 'Mirror Universe' sub-story lines[/color] The art is fantastic...makes me wish we could have a NF Animated series. :err:

Well...okay I guess. Continuity in non-canon material almost seems superfluous to me but I'll play along.

Well until there's a sign that there will be any further series/movies that dive into the post-NEM time-line, it's not a bad idea. it'll maintain consistancy and semi-unite the fandom.

The Titan series is like any of the others...there are some outstanding novels, and some painful ones. I have yet to read The Sword of Damocles but it's in my "to read" pile.

Posted Image

#68 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

'Sword of Damocles' is probably my least favorite novel out of the Titan series. However, I think so far, the writers have done an excellent job in fleshing out the different characters and coming up with good stories to write.

#69 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

Has anyone else read the newest Titan book, Over a Torrent Sea?

#70 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

I have reviewed it. Well...really - I tore it a new one on my blog....

http://www.trekunite...p;showentry=592

Beware....it's RIFE with spoilers...so if you haven't read it and don't want to know what got me all atwitter...postpone reading my blog until AFTER you've read the book! :) HUGS! Good to see you Hamilton!

Edited by Terilynn, 17 March 2009 - 09:23 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users