Photo

Favorite Kes Episode?

38 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite Kes episode? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite Kes episode?

1. Elogium (S2) (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Cold Fire (S2) (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

3. Warlord (S3) (8 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. Before and After (S3) (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

5. The Gift (S4) (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

6. Fury (S6) (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

of the episodes i have seen, I like Fury the most but thats really cause I liked to see the Vidiians one last time :)

Posted Image

#22 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:38 AM

Cold Fire was the best Kes episode.

I would also like to point tout episodes like "Persistence Of Vision", "Warlord", and "Before And After". "Darkling" and "The Swarm were also great episodes where Kes played an important role.

As for "Fury", I don't consider that a Kes story because I don't consider the pathetic maniac there as the real Kes.

#23 JoannaPoe

JoannaPoe

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:09 PM

Evidently I'm a bad person: I like the one where she disappeared forever, because I hated her character. :rolleyes:

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your browser history when you die.

ST: Unity

#24 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:15 AM

Why hate?

I hated Seven once but I realized that it was stupid to project the anger over the producers stupidity on the character.

There are some characters in each Trek series I do find, bland, bad or annoying but I don't hate them. I see them as important parts of the Trek stories.

Besides that, Kes rocks!! :thumbsup:

#25 Lieutenant Reed

Lieutenant Reed

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:06 PM

Evidently I'm a bad person: I like the one where she disappeared forever, because I hated her character. :rolleyes:

Yep, me too!
I AM GAY ! I AM HERE! GET USED TO IT!!

#26 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:44 AM

Episodes like "Cold Fire and "Persistence Of Vision" clearly shows Kes's potential as a character. She proves that she is brave and ready to take risks to save her crewmates. In "Cold Fire" she's tempted by evil forces in shape of Tanis, the leading Ocampa on Suspiria's array. But Kes shows her strength and in the long run she's able to withstand evil temptation to save the ship and her crewmates.

A truly great character.

#27 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

From the ones on the list, Fury. I was the one time Kes was interesting

#28 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:38 AM

From the ones on the list, Fury. I was the one time Kes was interesting

You don't like Kes or Jennifer Lien, do you?

Well, I do. I find Kes a fascinating character and Lien an excellent actress.

As for "Fury", it was a piece of crap. An insulting, worthless episode.

#29 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:20 AM

You don't like Kes or Jennifer Lien, do you?

Well, I do. I find Kes a fascinating character and Lien an excellent actress.

As for "Fury", it was a piece of crap. An insulting, worthless episode.

No, I don't. Is that a problem?

I think that Kes was a boring character who served no point on the ship realy. And Lien is a lousy actress on screen. She should stick to doing cartoon voices

I think you are being a little harsh on that episode. Ok you don't like it for some reason I get it. But I don't see how it was insulting at all. It had some good funny parts and some fantastic action sequences. Kes comes back all bad-ass and kicking butt, and it was awesome!!!! And at the end she is sweet again and goes off to see her own people. I think I missed how it was insulting. Can you explain that to me please? B)

you said:

But Kes shows her strength and in the long run she's able to withstand evil temptation to save the ship and her crewmates

isn't that what happened in Fury? In the long run of the episode she was able to overcome her darker side and realized what she tried to do was wrong. That was the point of Fury, it showed that she still did have the strength to overcome her dark side

Edited by Caprica6, 01 July 2008 - 07:26 AM.

#30 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:35 AM

^^
Now where have I read those comments before?

I guess you already know what I'm going to reply here since we have obviously met before.

But I'll tell you this. What happened in "Fury" was downright destruction of my favorite character and I simply don't accept that.

And at the end she was a pathetic wreck, not "herself".

It's also obvious that only those who really hate the character can like that episode. Your comments are proof for that.

As for Jennifer Lien, she's a great actress who did an excellent job during her too short time as a Voyager cast member.

#31 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

^^
Now where have I read those comments before?

I guess you already know what I'm going to reply here since we have obviously met before.

But I'll tell you this. What happened in "Fury" was downright destruction of my favorite character and I simply don't accept that.

It's also obvious that only those who really hate the character can like that episode. Your comments are proof for that.

As for Jennifer Lien, she's a great actress who did an excellent job during her too short time as a Voyager cast member.

no, we haven't met before so I don't know what you are going to say. I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way.

#32 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

no, we haven't met before so I don't know what you are going to say. I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way.

No problem. I'm not offended.

It's just that some of your comments reminded me of a not-so-nice poster who always is trying to start fights about the character Kes. I was afraid that it was that poster under a new name. Fortunately I did seem to be wrong. :)

#33 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

No problem. I'm not offended.

It's just that some of your comments reminded me of a not-so-nice poster who always is trying to start fights about the character Kes. I was afraid that it was that poster under a new name. Fortunately I did seem to be wrong. :)

so what were you going to say?

#34 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

so what were you going to say?

This:

What happened in "Fury" was downright destruction of my favorite character and I simply don't accept that.

#35 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:56 AM

Hate is a strong word. I don't "hate" any part of Voyager. Yes Kes is my least favorite character on the show, in fact all the shows. But that's not why I enjoy the episode. It's part of Voyager which is my favorite series so I like all the episodes in it. Besides, Fury is a good episode. It has a lot of aspects that make it good. It has time travel which a lot of people like, it has action, it has humor, it has heart.

I guess I just don't see how it's character destruction. If they had left her angry maybe I could see that, but since in the end of the episode she overcame her anger and was the kind caring person she always was, I just don't see how it was destruction

but hey, to each his own :)

#36 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:48 AM

^^
I have to disagree here. "Fury" has no humor and no heart. The whole episode is plain disgusting and insulting. I see no humor in the total destruction of a beloved main character.

She wasn't the kind, caring person at the end, only a pathetic wreck. No similarity at all to the real kes, the one we saw in seasons 1-3, the one who wanted to learn and explore.

"Fury" was a terrible episode, the worst Star trek episode ever made.

#37 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

ok, you don't like it. That's cool

But I do like it. I think there are some very funny scenes in it. Come on Tuvok with the birthday cake, that was great! I guess we're going to have to disagree here. I've watched this episode (and every other episode of Voyager) many times and I don't see how it destroyed the character. At the end she was the same as she always was, just somewhat older

but whatever

#38 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

I only watched Elogium and i didn't like it. Ill vote when i watch season 3.

#39 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

the gift. what an awesomne thing she did to get the crew that much closer to home.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users