Photo

NEXT STAR TREK MOVIE

89 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you want the next Star Trek movie to be about? (96 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you want the next Star Trek movie to be about?

1. The Romulan Wars (22 votes [22.92%])

Percentage of vote: 22.92%

2. Star Fleet Acadamy with a new cast (3 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

3. Star Fleet Academy with a young Kirk etc... (4 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. A Total reimagening of Star Trek, Starting from scratch (7 votes [7.29%])

Percentage of vote: 7.29%

5. A Total reimagening of Star Trek, with new cast playing TOS Charicters (7 votes [7.29%])

Percentage of vote: 7.29%

6. Star Trek: Enterprise: The Motion Picture (53 votes [55.21%])

Percentage of vote: 55.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ST:E

ST:E

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:08 AM

so.....what do you want the next Star Trek film, the film that will determine the future of the Star Trek franchise, to focus on.

The eye's of the world now look into space...

The future begins 2009

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:15 AM

The Romulan Wars.......it will focus on a very important phase of the Federation (the beginning of course) and it will have the mighty NX-01

simple choice for me

#3 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:43 AM

I want to see a Star Trek: Enterprise series of movies, maybe at least 3, that truly bridges the gap between Archer's Enterprise NX-01 and the first Enterprise NCC-1701 with Captain April in command. Then after a few movies with April and his crew, then the next transition from April's command of NCC-1701 to that of Captain Pike's command, with several movies about Pike. Then we have truly told the tale of Enterprise from Archer all the way to Picard. That should take them until I am truly an old man in my late 80's. Then you kids can take it from Picard's retiring as Captain and onwards ad infinitum.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#4 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:49 AM

The Romulan Wars...I think there is a tremendous appetite out there amongst trekkers of all ages to see this. And if it's made epic enough, it will pull in mainstream crowds.

#5 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:36 PM

Why didnt you you give an option for another TNG era movie? Maybe featuring TNG, DS9 and VOY characters?
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#6 EMH

EMH

Federation President

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:57 PM

On the choice of options front:
Why isn't there a "There won't be another Star Trek Movie?" option :o

#7 MattJC

MattJC

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

I want a movie to REALLY feature the Romulans.
More then what they were in Nemesis.

#8 Guest_Bruce_*

Guest_Bruce_*

• Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:52 PM

so.....what do you want the next Star Trek film, the film that will determine the future of the Star Trek franchise, to focus on.

View Post

I did not vote :nonono: , as my first priority is finishing The Enterprise series, season 4 was outstanding and paramount quite??????

They will probly not be able to do a move of any kind any justice since they gave up on a good thing with enterprise in season 4, :nono:

If they bring Enterprise back with Manny and finish thru season 7 I then will be open to any thing they want to Try!!!! :thumbsup:

#9 Omega79

Omega79

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:01 PM

i dont like one of those ideas

i really really really would love to see one more TNG movie ... just one more

about the romulan wars, imho that is something what needs more than just 1 movie ... maybe 1 season better 2 seasons

#10 ST:E

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:06 AM

Why didnt you you give an option for another TNG era movie? Maybe featuring TNG, DS9 and VOY characters?

View Post

good question, it just never crossed my mind, please feel free to just not vote and put TNG era as your most wanted film

The future begins 2009

#11 ST:E

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:16 AM

I did not vote :nonono: , as my first priority is finishing The Enterprise series, season 4 was outstanding and paramount quite??????

They will probly not be able to do a move of any kind any justice since they gave up on a good thing with enterprise in season 4, :nono:

If they bring Enterprise back with Manny and finish thru season 7 I then will be open to any thing they want to Try!!!! :thumbsup:

View Post

I think we've got to accept the fact that Star Trek: Enterprise will not be back on our TV screens, Star Trek will not be back on our TV screens for a long long time.

TV needs to find what it wants to show first, if its quality drama then yeah maybe Star Trek will have a home, but for now and the forseeable future, TV is in limbo as is any Star Trek put on it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the next step, it WILL be on the Cinema screen, it will be produced, designed and green lit by a whole new production team and it will look and feel totaly different but hopefuly still retain what made Star Trek, Star Trek.

what ever comes out of Star Trek will be done by new and fresh people, wanting to make a great film and return Star Trek to the top of the Box office tables.

Our Star Trek is over, a new era for Star Trek is upon us, we have a choice, we move with it, or we leave it. either way Star Trek will find an audience because it wont let itself get bogged down in back story and cannon.

The future begins 2009

#12 persianmouse

persianmouse

Ensign

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:57 AM

Where's the option for a 'These Are The Voyages' fix? That's the only one I'd vote for. <_<

I'd love to see an Enterprise movie, but I don't see how they could do one without negating TATV. We already know what happens to them in 2161, so all drama is gonna be taken out of the situation, because we know no one is gonna die, and the ship won't be blown up. It will become passive, there will be a lack of tension. It's not good story-telling. Plus, I don't know if I'd want to watch, knowing a certain character is living with an axe above his head. Maybe Trekkers would go see it, but I don't think the general public, or reviewers would favor it, considering they know in advance, what's going to happen to the crew. Trek movies need that drama, that fear of death, that emotional hold on the audience to work. Like I said, the film will be passive, and I don't think even the best script-writer is going to be able change that.

Unless they did it post-TATV, which would be a mistake to not include the fan favorite character. And frankly, I don't need a second punch to the guts over that.

#13 NickJ

NickJ

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:08 AM

I think there would be great opportunity for an Enterprise film...but first we have to concentrate on getting it back on air.

The film would be great as soon as the series have ended or maybe in the middle aslike a break to show just how much people do like it.
"Ever since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captain, I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes. The past is the future, the future is the past, it all gives me a headache." - Janeway

#14 vorta_weyoun

vorta_weyoun

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:59 AM

Rather optimistic of you, since at school you told me you hated Enterprise. Or was that Gareth?
The truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination.
Garak

Act, and you shall have dinner; wait, and you shall be dinner.
Gowron

#15 NickJ

NickJ

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

I am guessing that it was probably Gareth...as since he met you he seems to hate Star Trek
"Ever since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captain, I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes. The past is the future, the future is the past, it all gives me a headache." - Janeway

#16 Crystal Monroe

Crystal Monroe

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:37 PM

I would also love to see an Enterprise movie, that bridges the gap between Archer and Kirk, but with Paramount the way it is, I doubt that it would ever happen.

#17 NickJ

NickJ

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:45 AM

Yeah that would be good...just like they bridged the gap between the movies of Kirk and Piccard with Generations.

#18 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:49 PM

I found this info over at Trekweb:

In a report about Paramount's SUMMER SCHOOL remake, Variety notes Jordan Kerner company Kerner Entertainment is producing Rick Berman's prequel STAR TREK film.

Yep... I'm getting that sinking feeling alright!

If this movie is gonna be about spotty angst-ridden teens at the academy instead of an established crew, then I'll be getting off the whole franchise ride right now!

I'll stick with my 704 episode & ten film collection and go no further... especially when this new prequel film sucks as much as I think it will. :angry:

Didn't Paramout learn anything from TWOK: "Galloping around the cosmos isn't a game for young!"

#19 christrekkie

christrekkie

Trek to Troops Coordinator

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:47 PM

In the Words of J G Hertzler where's the Klingons in the movies :(
Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org
www.christophermulrooney.com

#20 MattJC

MattJC

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:17 PM

In the Words of J G Hertzler where's the Klingons in the movies :(

View Post

The Klingons have already had several movies.
They had major roles in Star treks 3,5,6 and 7.
How many Klingon movies do we need?
Can we have a Romulan movie please?
Nemesis doesn't count as that movie wasn't really about the Romulans.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users