9 replies to this topic

#1 theWrathofHan

theWrathofHan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

Any other Iowans?

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:31 PM

No, wasn't kirk Iowan?
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#3 theWrathofHan

theWrathofHan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:27 PM

Yep, that's why I thought there'd be more support from my state.

#4 Dramidia

Dramidia

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:56 PM

I'm originally from Iowa. Going to college in Minnesota. But I still hold my roots in Iowa. LIVE ON THE LAND OF KIRK

#5 Denobulan Wanna-Be

Denobulan Wanna-Be

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:37 PM

Iowa here, born and raised.

I'm drafting my letters to the luddites who cancelled Enterprise right now. Screw email, that can be turned off or filtered. Let them have to wade through thousands of angry fan letters.

Does anyone else here remember last season when the storms rolled through near the end of the Xindi arc? The fans went nuts! Inundated the local meteorologist with emails demanding that the station re-air the episode.

This is the kind of anecdotal evidence we need to shove up Les Moonves' arse. Fans that will reach through a computer to throttle the weatherman trying to save lives after midnight on a Saturday night. Now *that's* dedication! :w00t:

#6 CUDA

CUDA

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:14 AM

Another Iowan here!
I was one of the angry masses who fired off an letter to the local NBC station that broke into that episode just as it was reaching the climax- Almost fired a brick throught he TV when they did that one. To their credit, they did re-run the episode the next week if I remember right.
Even though we have to wait till Midnight on Saturdays for the new episodes I haven't missed more than a couple. I really hope we can pull off this effort to save the show.
We needs all the good TV we can gets!
"Time heals all wounds . . . unless you've got a rash, then your better off with an ointment"
- Holly (the computer on Red Dwarf)

Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere -G.K. Chesterton

#7 Dinobot

Dinobot

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:57 PM

Hello All
Glad to see that others are here in the land of rolling hills. I tape STE so I was really pissed to wake up to 13's replay of the Xindi finale. You think that they might get better ratings if they put the show on when families can watch. I have a three year old daughter and I have been indoctrinating her in Trek since she was born and her mom just wont let me keep her up until midnight. Even on Saturday. Any thoughts on Invasion Iowa. I live in 50265 but so I don't know how Riversidians feel but it seems kind of mean for no reason. I mean practical jokes are only good when the person deserves it. IMHO and all. D

#8 Gayathri

Gayathri

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:38 AM

Yes I am from Iowa. I am going collage to Minnesota. But still i love to Iowa.This is quaite good.

GAYATHRI

Iowa Treatment Centers

Edited by Gayathri, 02 August 2008 - 05:43 AM.

#9 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:26 AM

Welcome to TU, Gayathri! :D

Posted Image

#10 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

Oh my phlox. What a ressurection.

Welcome to TU. :)
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users