Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:40 PM
1. V'Ger - was a decent foe, but I wouldnt call it a villian. I wish they had come up with a better plot line for Vger though, considering they never really fully showed what the machine could do.
2. Khan Noonien Singh - This villian was awesome, for the hero Kirk, a perfect antagonist and the seeds had been planted on the TV show(minus the Chekov issue though). Showed absolutely no mercy, and even if he had gotten the info from Kirk, I bet he would have blown up the Enterprise afterwords, a true villian.
3. Commander Kruge - They never really showed how ruthless as a commander he could have been
4. The Probe - This I wouldn't call a villian at all either. It wasn't really attacking, just trying to figure out why they lost contact.
5. "God" - Worthless movie
6. General Chang - Like Khan, a true villian. He was against peace from the get go, and wanted to make sure it never happened. A good villian to show Kirk the error of his ways of thinking at the time.
7. Dr. Tolian Soran - What I never understood is how he was killed, considering Guinan said a part of her and everyone remains regardless, so really, why didn't they just give him a shuttlecraft and let him go into the nexus(since thats how guinan got in, a transport ship got caught in it)
8. The Borg Queen - was good, but really opened the door to inconsistency. But she did teach Data some things about being human, and also showed why its bad to chase perfection.
9. Ahdar Ru'afo - weak character really
10. Praetor Shinzon - a great character, just badly executed IMO
In all I would say Khan and Chang were the best main enemies, because they showed how bad vendetta's and being pro war all the time can be very bad.
"To the best crew any captain ever had. This may be the last time we're all together. But no matter what the future holds, no matter how far we travel, a part of us... a very important part, will always remain here, on Deep Space 9." - Benjamin Sisko, what we leave behind