Photo

Could Yoda have turned to Dark Side?

46 replies to this topic

Poll: Was Yoda a Sith Lord? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Was Yoda a Sith Lord?

1. Yes, he was too wrinkly to be good (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. No, Yoda is my hero--he could not have been evil (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

3. Yes, obviously, he was green (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No, he was too cute (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

5. Yes, only a Sith could have been so hard on Luke on Dagobah (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. No, he was only trying to help Luke, he had to train him hard (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

7. Yes, I don't trust muppets (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

8. No, Jim Henson wouldn't have created an evil green Troll (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

9. Yes, it's not easy being Green (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

10. No, Nog is just green with envy (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

11. Undecided... (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nog

Nog

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

I know that the coming proof of Yoda's defection to the Dark Side will be difficult to accept for many, and that is why I'm providing this outlet for people to voice their fear and have some fun with the question before I incriminate Yoda using only information from the two trilogies.

Hint one has already been released, in hopes of easing fans into the truth. Hint #2 will be released sometime after midnight EDT (but not necesarilly soon after). THere will be at least one more hint, and probably two. The final format for the release of the case, Nog v. Darth Yoda has not yet been decided, but information will be forthcoming. Watch my sig for more details.

These are dark times for us all. But before the hammer drops, let's have some fun! Insults to Nog are perfectly acceptable here, inasmuch as they will only be a reflection of fan's love for Yoda. If the mods will allow it, insults may be directed at me in this thread with great abandon.

I only ask that when the final information is released, you do not close your minds to the truth, for that would truly be a step towards the dark side.

Which LMan Emoto is your favorite?
Posted Image

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Nog

Nog

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

Opps. It was Frank Oz, not Jim Henderson. I feel a little silly :blush5:

Posted Image

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#3 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

isn't there just an answer called plain "NO!" :P

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#4 ~Lady Trekki~

~Lady Trekki~

Lovely Secretary to VF

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

Actually Nog...you already have a topic started about this which should be sufficient. But for now will just move it to the Star Wars area...
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Posted Image

#5 Andrew Beardall

Andrew Beardall

V.I.P. Esq.

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:30 PM

It is Jim Henson, not Henderson, who created the muppets. Frank Oz was the voice of Grover, Yoda, and Gonzo among many others.

-Andrew
The best way to deal with bullies it to demonstrate that there is always someone with a bigger bat....the best way to keep them from becoming bullies is a parent who makes sure they have a good babysitter--it is a shame more people do not have that.

#6 Nog

Nog

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:42 PM

It is Jim Henson, not Henderson, who created the muppets.  Frank Oz was the voice of Grover, Yoda, and Gonzo among many others.

-Andrew

View Post

WHoa, another mistake. :blush5: Frank Oz was also Yoda's creator, not just his voice. Lucas originally wanted to get Henson, but he was in the middle of another project.

I didn't realize you were a fan Andrew? Perhaps after the case against Yoda is released you could review it and issue an impartial opinion on it's merits? Any interest?

Actually Nog...you already have a topic started about this which should be sufficient. But for now will just move it to the Star Wars area...

It wasn't my intention to break any rule, but I do forsee some need for venting once the truth comes out. I thought a poll might help that, and keep the other thread clean so that the hints may be discussed there.

I put it in the polls subforum because I didn't want to clutter Star Wars,a nd the poll section was anything goes. Anyway, I hope this thread may please the moderators. :bowdown:

Posted Image

#7 ~Lady Trekki~

~Lady Trekki~

Lovely Secretary to VF

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:15 AM

Ok...as long as it's ok with the other mods, I don't care. We just like to keep things neat and tidy is all. ;)
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Posted Image

#8 Sevens

Sevens

Ambassador of Awesome

• Members
  • 12,173 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:48 AM

actually, I'm intrigued by this....what is your proof? Just lay it on us

Proud member of the Men's Auxiliary of S.A.N.I.T.Y.

#9 StarFleetIntel

StarFleetIntel

FOX News Contributor

• Members
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:55 AM

I don't trust muppets.........I never have. I never will.......:) :P

#10 General Shran

General Shran

Commander

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

Sad you are, if Yoda you think, was a Sith lord. A powerful Jedi was he. Never could he be a sith lord. Why did he fight against Palpatine, if a Sith lord he once was? That question, you should ask yourself.

#11 Nog

Nog

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:02 AM

Sad you are, if Yoda you think, was a Sith lord. A powerful Jedi was he. Never could he be a sith lord. Why did he fight against Palpatine, if a Sith lord he once was? That question, you should ask yourself.

View Post

I haven't yet claimed that Yoda was a Sith during the time of his fight with Darth Sidius. Timing will be addressed in Hint #3. However, offhand, some evil green trolls don't make good apprentices. Killing the top dog is also a good means to advancement.

If this were at all part of my case, there are plenty of motives to explore.

Posted Image

#12 General Shran

General Shran

Commander

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:12 AM

I haven't yet claimed that Yoda was a Sith during the time of his fight with Darth Sidius.  Timing will be addressed in Hint #3.  However, offhand, some evil green trolls don't make good apprentices.  Killing the top dog is also a good means to advancement.

If this were at all part of my case, there are plenty of motives to explore.

View Post

This guy said it best:

What is your next great revelation? That there's no Santa Claus, Man never landed on the moon,Pigs fly, Waters not wet??? Yoda a Sith? U CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!

This is just one big joke. Yoda never was or is a Sith lord.

A BIG FAT JOKE, this is.

#13 carolinsche

carolinsche

Her Highness in charge of ... lots of things

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:40 AM

No, Yoda is my hero--he could not have been evil

*Directs many insults at Nog*
The path of the Monk
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.
Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact, just bugger off and leave me alone.

C
ERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

European Recovery Group For Late Night Chats Gold Member

#14 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:25 AM

Geez, guys. Just give poor little Nog a chance... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#15 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:50 AM

The point that the young Jedi-want-to-be misses is that all peoples (and muppets) use both the Dark and Light side of the Force, everyday. It is not the use of it that determines if you are a Sith or Jedi, it is the heart and attitude of the user. One is never to turn one's life over to either side of the Force. The Force is a tool of the universe to be used. The "Dark side" can be used by a person of sound heart and it will be for the good of all, the "Light side" can be used by someone of evil inclination and it will become destructive. In reality there is no Dark and Light Side, there is only the Force, and it is always with you. It is the inclination of the heart that determines if the Force is Dark or Light.

So you see it is all semantics. Yoda and the Jedi use the Force for purposes of good and the Sith Lords (including the Emperor) uses that same exact Force for purposes of evil.

Therefore, to answer your question, Yoda (because his heart is pure) has never used the Force for evil and The Emperor has never used that same Force for good.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#16 ThrobbingGristle

ThrobbingGristle

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:28 AM

Actually this could be the beginning of new and interesting Star Wars Mirror Universe fan fiction. See our benevolent heroes Master Sidious, Padawan Vader, Master Tyranus and Padawan Maul and their loyal droid friend Grievous fight against the evil tyranny of the galactic empire and the corrupt Sith Lords Darth Yoda, Darth Kenobi and Darth Windu. And don't forget that Darth Yoda would have a goatee!
My hair is long, my heart is proud - Death to false Metal!

A razorblade can do more than shave your beard - remember: Pro-choice and anti-life doesn't end with pregnancy!

#17 Nog

Nog

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:32 AM

The point that the young Jedi-want-to-be misses is that all peoples (and muppets) use both the Dark and Light side of the Force, everyday.  It is not the use of it that determines if you are a Sith or Jedi, it is the heart and attitude of the user.  One is never to turn one's life over to either side of the Force.  The Force is a tool of the universe to be used.  The "Dark side" can be used by a person of sound heart and it will be for the good of all, the "Light side" can be used by someone of evil inclination and it will become destructive.  In reality there is no Dark and Light Side, there is only the Force, and it is always with you.  It is the inclination of the heart that determines if the Force is Dark or Light.

So you see it is all semantics.  Yoda and the Jedi use the Force for purposes of good and the Sith Lords (including the Emperor) uses that same exact Force for purposes of evil.
Therefore, to answer your question, Yoda (because his heart is pure) has never used the Force for evil and The Emperor has never used that same Force for good.

View Post

It is not my claim that Yoda used the dark side of the force. Nor is "use" of the dark side a piece of evidence in my claim. It is my claim that Yoda became a Sith Lord.

As to your definition, you can do bad things with a good heart. Anakin slayed younglings so that he could save his wife's life, all too arguably a good cause. He turned to the dark side of the force so that he could acquire the power to save her. Your definition sounds nice, but it doesn't follow from the movies themselves. In the series of books, Luke will later acquire a view of the force that even the Old Jedi Council didn't have, and perhaps it's a better view; my case against Darth Yoda doesn't require knowledge of anything except the movies. All the proof is in these two trilogies. :D

I'm currently considering putting together a peer review team for an initial look at my case prior to public release. Peers with solid knowledge of the 6 movies, a decent grasp on the flow of logic, who don't already have a pre-existing investment in my being wrong, and have some credibility on the forums I've approached. They would be able to vouch that it isn't a hoax, at the very least, easing the pain of those who are growing more and more impatient. Whadda ya think?

Posted Image

#18 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:44 AM

Actually this could be the beginning of new and interesting Star Wars Mirror Universe fan fiction. See our benevolent heroes Master Sidious, Padawan Vader, Master Tyranus and Padawan Maul and their loyal droid friend Grievous fight against the evil tyranny of the galactic empire and the corrupt Sith Lords Darth Yoda, Darth Kenobi and Darth Windu. And don't forget that Darth Yoda would have a goatee!

View Post

I'm lovin' it.

Good Pure Wholesome Vader: Luke, I am your father.
Darth Evil Icky Luke: Eat lightsaber, CNN boy!
Honk if you love silence.

Ordinary Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Posted Image

#19 Andrew Beardall

Andrew Beardall

V.I.P. Esq.

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

WHoa, another mistake.  :blush5:  Frank Oz was also Yoda's creator, not just his voice.  Lucas originally wanted to get Henson, but he was in the middle of another project.

I didn't realize you were a fan Andrew?  Perhaps after the case against Yoda is released you could review it and issue an impartial opinion on it's merits?  Any interest?

It wasn't my intention to break any rule, but I do forsee some need for venting once the truth comes out. I thought a poll might help that, and keep the other thread clean so that the hints may be discussed there.

I put it in the polls subforum because I didn't want to clutter Star Wars,a nd the poll section was anything goes. Anyway, I hope this thread may please the moderators. :bowdown:

View Post

I am a fan indeed....however I did not make a mistake. I merely said that Henson created the muppets, not Yoda (Attention, you must pay)

I look forward to your evidence.

-Andrew
The best way to deal with bullies it to demonstrate that there is always someone with a bigger bat....the best way to keep them from becoming bullies is a parent who makes sure they have a good babysitter--it is a shame more people do not have that.

#20 Nog

Nog

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:08 AM

I am a fan indeed....however I did not make a mistake.  I merely said that Henson created the muppets, not Yoda (Attention, you must pay)

I look forward to your evidence.

-Andrew

View Post

Nooooo, when I said "another mistake" I meant when I called Jim Henson Jim Henderson. You corrected that for me. Not only did I say Jim Henson created Yoda, I then called him by the wrong name.

Right you are, you did not make a mistake. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users