Photo

Who was the chosen one?

27 replies to this topic

Poll: Who was the chosen one? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was the chosen one?

1. Anakin (24 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Luke (14 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Jar Jar (10 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:32 PM

Who was the chosen one?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Remember The USS Cole, London, Bali, Madrid, Tunisia, Kenya and Tanzania, Riyadh, Amman, 9/11: New York, The Pentagon, and Pennsylvania

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 SirPhilip86

SirPhilip86

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:16 AM

anakin was the chosen one to kill the emperor so he could bring balance to the force, but luke was the chosen one to restore the jedi order.
" JOIN THE ANTI-BUNNY ALLIANCE AND STOP THEM FROM WREAKING HAVOC IN AUSTRALIA!"

#3 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:26 AM

I am the chosen one.

Posted Image

#4 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:41 AM

Anakin was the chosen one to whoop all the jedi's arses.
Luke is more likely the chosen one. I think Qui-gon made the mistake by assuming it was Anakin when really it's his blood. However if you look at things, eventually everything is restored and this was all suppose to happen.

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#5 Sevens

Sevens

Ambassador of Awesome

• Members
  • 12,173 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:24 AM

I am the chosen one.

View Post

Hair's compy is the chosen one ;)

Proud member of the Men's Auxiliary of S.A.N.I.T.Y.

#6 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:47 AM

I say it is Anikan. He did destroy the sith br killing Palpatine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Remember The USS Cole, London, Bali, Madrid, Tunisia, Kenya and Tanzania, Riyadh, Amman, 9/11: New York, The Pentagon, and Pennsylvania

#7 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:11 AM

I agree with you Darth.

#8 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:44 AM

I say it is Anikan. He did destroy the sith by killing Palpatine.

View Post

I say it was Luke. He was the one that brought Anakin back from the dark side of the Force :thumbsup:
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

#9 Madelon

Madelon

Commander of Starfleet

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:52 AM

I really think we should be able to vote for hair.

#10 GoEnterprise

GoEnterprise

Ensign

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:00 PM

It was anakin to bring balance by taking up the place with palpatine and making it 2-2 jedi vs sith and then they all died :)

#11 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

It was anakin to bring balance by taking up the place with palpatine and making it 2-2 jedi vs sith and then they all died :)

View Post

You are right, The Chosen one was suppose to bring balance to the force. To get balance you need to equalize the light and darkside, so by ROTS we have Vader and Palps balanced against Obi wan and Yoda. In ANH, Obi Wan allows himself to die because Luke was becoming a jedi, so you still had balance. By the end of Rotj it become a little unbalanced though as Luke become the only jedi (i don't count leia as she was not trained to be a jedi). It makes you wonder though if the emperor had another evil apprentice in the wings some where thus to equal it out with luke. if they ever made a sequal trilogy it would interesting to see.

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#12 kacek92

kacek92

Pick Your Own Nose

• Members
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:00 PM

I am convinced that R2-D2 is the chosen one. I have been ever since TPM. Only once was R2 ever hurt, and that was by anakin/vader (jawas dont count because it was all part of his plan to find obi-wan.) He was the only droid to be able to fix anything, and he is able to take control of any computer system. He was the one that found Leia, being held by the empire. And was able to cordinate all events in all the movies while remaining anonymous, some Jedi mind trick that. He guided young anakin to the droid control ship, just as he guided Luke to the vent on the death star. He is responsible for the destruction of the field generator that allowed the rebel forces to destroy the second death star. He knew all the events from the very start, including
Spoiler
. I also think in "New Hope" when Darth Vader says, "The force is strong in this one.." he's NOT talking about Luke.

It's also fun to watch the movies and pretend he's cursing everyone out.
Kim and Chris
Proud to be members of this cult!
From a dictionary: cult: 6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

#13 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

Obi Wan allows himself to die because Luke was becoming a jedi, so you still had balance.

View Post

I don't think that was the intent. I think he did it so that he could be with Luke when he neede him the most.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

I think that he let Vader kill him at that moment to make Luke mad at Vader to make it personal with him. He had already figured out that he could not beat Vader anyway.

#15 Breen2099

Breen2099

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:26 PM

Cant vote padme aint on there
Posted Image
Star Trek: The Animated Series Remastered (just kidding)

#16 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:30 PM

I think that he let Vader kill him at that moment to make Luke mad at Vader to make it personal with him.  He had already figured out that he could not beat Vader anyway.

View Post

As yoda would say anger is a path to the darkside.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Darth Buddha

Darth Buddha

Rear Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:44 PM

I say it is Anikan. He did destroy the sith br killing Palpatine.

View Post

Thereby fulfilling the prophecy!

#18 Commander Phil

Commander Phil

Commodore

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

No question it was Anakin. He was the one who killed the Emperor not Luke. Luke never could have done it. It's just the prophecy left out the small part about Anakin going evil and killing everyone before he finally brought balance.
"he who laughs last thinks slowest"

"i'm rick james b****"

#19 Nog

Nog

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:32 AM

You are right, The Chosen one was suppose to bring balance to the force. To get balance you need to equalize the light and darkside,

View Post

There's something of a contradiction in force metaphysics. One the one hand they're after balance, and they know it's missing because they're having trouble using the force.

Basically the force becoming unbalanced means that someone is abusing it by using the dark side, not that there isn't an even distribution of dark side users and light side users.

You've got a bunch of self-appointed judges flying around the galaxy dictating terms to unwilling denizens of an empire led by an evil mad-man that they can't even spot. They lead armies of clones to quash resistence and subordinate people who are looking for independence, so who's to say Anakin didn't do the universe a favor by cutting them down? As for the younglings, they were probably annoying little brats anyway.

Anakin was the chosen one. :D

Which LMan Emoto is your favorite?
Posted Image

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#20 Omega79

Omega79

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:52 AM

as far as i know he is:
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users