The Death of Obi-Wan Kenobi

24 replies to this topic

#21 Osama Thizzladin

Osama Thizzladin

Crewman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

i was watching soemthing that was alternate form how he just got hit by the lightsaber and dispaperd, and chewbacca and han ans leai flew to theother side and chewbacca whent behind darth and chocked him and he gfainted...but obi wan already diapperard
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

I suspect that while the Sith feed their strenght by suffering of others the Jedi are weakened by the pain of others... Remember, the Sith only think of themselves and care for noone else while the Jedi were selfless, carring deeply for the others and helping if they could...

True story: A Sith, after being mortally wounded and stranded on a planet, came across a man and his family. He tortured and killed the man's family, feeding off his sorrow and pain, and became strong enough to continue. He survived that encounter.

Even as he was standing near the almost completely dissembodied Anakin he still had the pity that stalled his saber

In his own words, "He's more machine than man now." I don't profess to know the inner workings of his mind, but if he had come to the conclusion that Vader could not be turned back to the Light, pity would not be an issue any longer.

Anyway, on to the topic. Whether or not Obi-wan could have taken Vader is irrelevant. Now, if you wanted to get into that, you would have to factor in the facts that Obi-wan squeaked by with a victory only because Anakin was foolish and was overconfidant in his abilities (maybe not an issue now that he's been smacked down a few times?). But, Obi-wan is older, and Anakin more powerful in the body and also in the Dark Side. And, it's a proven fact that the Dark Side is more powerful than the Light. It's feasible for the fight to go in either's favor, but I think definitively saying Obi-wan would win again is a mistake.

Well, after I indulge that "irrelevant" topic... :P
It doesn't matter if his death was necessary. Obi-wan felt it was necessary. So, it was.
Yeah, don't ask me. That's some Jedi mumbo jumbo. I prefer the Sith, at least they talk straight. :D
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#23 Captain Ezri Dax

Captain Ezri Dax

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

Thought it was sad to let him in a way let himself be killed. What I felt, that if he did fight Vader longer Luke and the rest of the gang would not escape from the Death Star.

#24 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Yes, it was necessary for the development of Luke Skywalker.

#25 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:31 AM

I think that Obi-Wan's death was necesery because after it Luke wanted to be more and more Jedi...I think that all the story would chanced if Obi-Wan wouldnt died :(

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users