Crazy idea: Excelsior fan movie

66 replies to this topic

#61 Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:16 PM

Do you think we could get away with using blue screen techniques to super-impose the actors onto a bridge background? I've seen the results of this with Star Wreck and it looks quite impressive...

We could, but it's still nowhere near as good as having an actual set of the Bridge. We could probably fake it for other rooms of the ship, but the Bridge is something you really don't want to go cheap on, it's the very heart of the story, where most of the action happens. That's why the guys at New Voyages constructed a complete bridge set, because to do a quality film you need as many actual sets as possible. And then there's the fact that even if we could get George Takei to come take a look, he might be put off by proliferate use of green screening. However if he came to visit and we showed him a complete, authentic, well-detailed Excelsior Bridge and asked if he'd like to take a seat in the center chair, he might be willing to take us more seriously. But then again this is really all for naught if we don't contact him first and ask if he would be interested in trying out the Captain Sulu role again in a Fan film. With any luck it would turn out to be a pretty popular show, maybe enough to convice Paramount to pick it up if we brought them pilot. If not, well, I'm sure it would be a wild ride while it lasted. :)

And yes, a seperate forum might be a good idea, not that I want to hide anything from the rest of the good citizens of Trek United. I just want to spare them our constant babbling as we fumble around with scripts and story boards. :P

[EDIT] I've posted my contact information for MSN and AIM in my profile so you can speak with me more directly now.

#62 Trek-Rider

Trek-Rider

CHIEF SQUEEKY PIXELS

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

K... maybe later today I'll set up a mini forum for us to gather on. Meantime, I have some CGI software. Did this with anim today in about 2 hrs. I won't post the anim here since I don't want hundreds of downloads! ;)

Posted Image

~S/TR
"With every ending, there is a new beginning."

Make it so.
Posted Image

#63 Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:41 PM

Good stuff. As soon as you get that up I have a few things we can add too it. Oh, and please make sure there's at least one password protected section on the forum where we can throw things that arn't quite ready for the general public yet.

#64 USS_Oberon

USS_Oberon

Ensign

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:38 PM

Posted Image

Eeexcellent! I've forwarded you both (Dave and TR) my contact details for future reference.

BTW, Trekrider - that CGI software looks pretty nifty! Can't wait to see what else you can come up with!

"Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon"

Posted Image

http://USSOberon.blogspot.com

My New Ship - THE USS EQUILIBRIUM

#65 USS_Oberon

USS_Oberon

Ensign

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:03 PM

Hi all,

I've just received a response from Russ Haslage, director of International Fandom of Trekkers and the guy who was responsible for the Excelsior Campaign way back...I'm telling you, if we can get any support from this guy, we're definately taking a step in the right direction.

Thanks for your note. I don’t mind at all that you shared the information with friends. IFT is about information, because without the right information and communication we cannot come together as fans and accomplish great things.Though EXCELSIOR didn’t work, we sure tried hard. We can rest easy and take pride in what we were able to accomplish. If you want to keep the spirit alive, I urge you to join IFT and maybe get those friends together and start a chapter. George is an active member of IFT. See our website at http://www.iftcommand.com for lots of info.

Keep in touch.

Russ Haslage, President

International Federation of Trekkers

My response was as follows:

Thanks Russ,

As we speak, I am collecting a group of people together to discuss the prospect of an Excelsior fan movie. EXTREME early stages yet, but I'm hoping that we can at least come up with some good ideas for a 20-minute short to start off with. People are already suggesting whether Mr Takei would be interested in taking part, but I'm thinking that's obviously jumping the gun a little bit. I would be glad to sign up with IFT, and I will suggest the same to the other members I've spoken to. I hope we would be able to create a forum where we can actively discuss the topic of an EXLR fan film and see who else is interested. I'm aware that you have some experience in fan films yourself. I would be greatly honoured if you would stay in touch and offer any advice you may have.

So there we have it! I suggest those who are interested sign on to IFT if you're not already a member. At least then we will have a dedicated EXLR fan film forum to discuss our ideas on, and we may even get the attention of George himself, as he's already a member.

"Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon"

Posted Image

http://USSOberon.blogspot.com

My New Ship - THE USS EQUILIBRIUM

#66 Trek-Rider

Trek-Rider

CHIEF SQUEEKY PIXELS

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:11 AM

Ok... we have a new place!

http://64.136.149.11...lsior/index.php

Oh... if you are on the production team, please PM me as "Trek-Rider" and I'll get you on the private group list for the Production part of the BBS.

~Sarah/TR
"With every ending, there is a new beginning."

Make it so.
Posted Image

#67 Szenario21

Szenario21

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hello, sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I'm wondering if there is a chance that a fanmovie or even better an official series of Star Trek Excelsior is going to happen.
After Enterprise failed and the whole Star Terk universe was resettet, this might sound unliklely. But what if such a series would actually play in this new universe with a few changes. I tried to find out the mailadress of Russ Haslage to contact him and ask if there will be a new Excelsior Campaign, but I wasn't successful. However, if there will be an Excelsior series or fanmovie or whatever then it have to happen soon.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users