Your Favorite DS9 season?

70 replies to this topic

#1 Smike

Smike

Ensign

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:53 AM

Well, mine for sure is Season Six! I really think the first Dominion War - Arc still is much better than the second one at the end of the show. "Sacrifice of Angels" is my all-time DS9 favorite apart from "Trials and Tribblatios" of course :clap:

But I also love many many other episodes in this outstanding season. Gosh, I'll always remeber those standing ovations "The Magnificent Ferengi" received during a convention screening.
I also adore the psychic "Waltz" and of course the most entertaining "One Little Ship"...

And then there is "Far Beyond the Stars", an episode that really defines what DS9 and Trek is all about, far better than the critically acclaimed and rather similar "The Inner Light" on TNG. The only thing that would have ROCKED in this episode beyond comparison was a small cameo by Nichel Nichols or Whoopi Goldberg as Benny's mother/aunt or so! A wasted opportunity.

Not forgetting "In A Pale Moonlight", another DS9 classic. Season Six rocked unlike any other DS9 season before and after.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 jeffkicker

jeffkicker

Star Trek / Farscape News Consultant

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:35 PM

Count me in for season six as well. I think that out of all of the series Deep Space Nine was the most consistantly good, buy season six's dominion war arc just put it over hte top.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>'Slice of Sci Fi' News Team</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Pacific Region Coordinator</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Trek United Publications Team</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Trek United COMM team member (info@trekunited.com)</span>

Don't forget to vote for ' Slice of Sci-Fi' and 'The Dragon Page' at Podcast Alley!

Posted Image

#3 Link

Link

what

• Members
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:48 PM

I guess season 7 cause I have seen most of it.
I have seen from other seasons too but not as much as season 7.

#4 Space Pirate

Space Pirate

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:04 PM

Season 6 for three resons:

1. Far Beyond the Stars

2. In The Pale Moonlight

3. Tears of the Prophets

Good enough reasons for me...
"We're mild and green, and squeaky clean..."
GET FIREFOX!

#5 Space Pirate

Space Pirate

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:08 PM

Season 6 for three resons:

1. Far Beyond the Stars

2. In The Pale Moonlight

3. Tears of the Prophets

Good enough reasons for me...
"We're mild and green, and squeaky clean..."
GET FIREFOX!

#6 Guest_Joel_*

Guest_Joel_*

• Guests

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:21 PM

Has to be season 6, closely followed by season 5

#7 Mc Douglas

Mc Douglas

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:32 PM

I like season 7. First I cried after seeing Jadzia die in "Tears of the prophets", but Nicole deBoer did a great job as Ezri Dax.
"Sag mal Atan, das Ganze war doch wohl nur ein böser Traum, oder? - Viel schlimmer, das war Science Fiction." (Raumpatrouille Orion)

"I've always wondered why it's okay for football fans to go to a football game with their faces painted and sloshing beer around and that's considered old fashioned American fun. Yet someone dressing as a Klingon is considered weird. You don't see Star Trek fans after a convention running through the streets and turning over cars or breaking windows in a drunken haze. Star Trek fans benevolent optimistic and incredibly intelligent."
(Manny Coto 02/23/05)

Posted Image

#8 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:43 PM

I agree that Season 7 was the best, i didn't get into DS9 until about Season 5

#9 sirkan

sirkan

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:28 AM

Seaons Six was by far my favorite because of "In the Pale Moonlight." A close second is season 5 with "For the Uniform." Tied with that is Season 7. Season 4 is next.

#10 jacki

jacki

Captain

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:09 PM

jep, season 6.
"How come the quantum?"

I don't know what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones

Posted Image

#11 ShranU.K

ShranU.K

Commodore

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:57 PM

Season 6 without doubt. :cardassian:
Posted Image

No chains will ever hold that

#12 ShranU.K

ShranU.K

Commodore

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:00 PM

I like season 7. First I cried after seeing Jadzia die in "Tears of the prophets", but Nicole deBoer did a great job as Ezri Dax.

View Post

Tears of the prophets was the season 6 finale.
Posted Image

#13 Shodar

Shodar

Will Call Back Later

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:01 PM

Anything except Season 1....actually, everthing after Sisko shaved his head is good. :)
I can't really say anything bad about S7 because I loved the whole Damar thing so much
Visit these links (and others that the forum won't let me post):
Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF

#14 Admiral Nick

Admiral Nick

Captain

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:02 PM

In terms of story, I liked the whole Season 6 arc. But Season 7 was great as it was just one big ass story (with a few little "side" eppy's" here and there, but for the most part it was like you could watch it straight through.

Although I did sorta like Season 5 nice middle of the road season with enough of the War stuff, but still a little lighter... with that hint of "big chit to come."
Forum Morale Division-Member &
Official Trek United Countdown Watcher
Admiral Nick C
"I speak." Jar Jar Binks
"The ability to speak does not prove intelligence" Qui-Gon Jinn

#15 Admiral Nick

Admiral Nick

Captain

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:03 PM

Yeah Season 1 and 2 sisko was just wrong... LOL. He needed to lose the hair.

#16 TAB1972

TAB1972

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:25 AM

I THINK MY FAVORITE WOULD BE SEASON SEVEN BECAUSE IT SEEMED TO BE FOR INTERESTING AND FUN. I LIKE THE EPISODE WHERE THEY ARE PLAYING BASEBALL. IT WAS SAD TO SEE THEM GO, BUT ON THE OTHER HAD IT WAS INTERESTING TO SEE THEM GO THERE SEPERATE WAYS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PARAMOUNT IS GOING TO DO A MOVIE ABOUT DS9 OR I HEARD THEY MIGHT BE DOING A SHOW ABOUT CHEIF O'BRIEN AT STAR FLEET ACADEMY ON EARTH. THAT MIGHT BE AN INTERESTING SHOW. I'M REALLY DISAPOINTED IN PARAMOUNT BY CANCELLING ENTERPRISE BUT MORE DISAPOINTED THAT THEY NEVER DID A MOVIE ABOUT DS9 AND HAVING EVERYONE COME BACK THERE. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THAT I'M SURE ALOT OF US WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THAT HAPPEN. WELL MAYBE SOMEDAY. WE ALL GOTTA HAVE DREAMS.

I NEVER THOUGHT OTTO WOULD BE GOING BACK TO HIS PEOPLE TO LIVE OUT HIS LIFE. I THOUGHT HE WOULD BE THE ONE TO ACTUALLY STAY WITH KIERA.

DID ANY ONE THINK THE ROAM WOULD TURN OUT TO BE THE GRAND NEGAS. THAT ONE THREW ME OFF. I THOUGHT ROAM DIDN'T HAVE THE LOBS FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. :ferengi:

WORF WELL WHAT CAN I SAY ABOUT HIM IT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE HE WOULD BE AN AMBASITOR OR WHAT EVER THAT POLITICS JOB WAS THAT HE WAS APPOINTED AT THE END OF THE SEVENTH SEASON. WE ALL SAW HIM AT THE FINAL EPISODE OF TNG WHERE HE IS SOME BIG WIGG IN THE KINGON HOME WORLD. I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE SAW THAT COMING? :klingon2:

#17 ShranU.K

ShranU.K

Commodore

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, season 7 was a good 1, but i was annoyed with all the stock footage from earlier episodes that was used in the final battle scenes :nonono:
Posted Image

#18 SnowTrek9

SnowTrek9

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:37 PM

The first three seasons were the best in my book. I'll have to go with Season 1 though, at least at this time. Seasons 1 & 2 managed to keep the exploration and Trek feel shine through, but with Deep Space Nine's unique take. Once the show became bogged down in the war (don't get me wrong--each DS9 season after 4 at least had some good episodes - "Way of the Warrior," "Trials & Tribble-Ations," "One Little Ship,"), and brought in stuff like Section 31, it was barely Star Trek any more. Season 1 had greats like "Q-Less," "Captive Pursuit," "Dramatis Personae," "If Wishes were Horses," "Babel," and "The Nagus."

#19 Admiral Nick

Admiral Nick

Captain

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

True, but that's why I liked the later seasons. It wasn't just TNG in a different part of space on a station instead of a ship.
Forum Morale Division-Member &
Official Trek United Countdown Watcher
Admiral Nick C
"I speak." Jar Jar Binks
"The ability to speak does not prove intelligence" Qui-Gon Jinn

#20 Shodar

Shodar

Will Call Back Later

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:28 PM

True, but that's why I liked the later seasons. It wasn't just TNG in a different part of space on a station instead of a ship.

View Post

Agreed. The whole beauty of DS9 was being able to explore the long term interactions of the different species as opposed to the alien/science oddity of the week.....Not that TNG wasn't good, but it had been done, we didn't need a repeat
Visit these links (and others that the forum won't let me post):
Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users