Character Animation/Mod conversion

6 replies to this topic

#1 Skippy 2k

Skippy 2k

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:51 PM

Hello for a while now I have thought about trying to do an animated type trek episode. I have rendered scenes with ships many times just for my own tests but the character animation is what I was inquiring about. I use Lightwave to render ship scenes and have converted game models to it via Milkshape and animated a little bit. I am looking for a way to have character animations with some expression. At one point I saw something about this but don't remember what it was called. I did a voice of a character in a trek animated ep that I think is going to use this in the future. Anyway with all the trek fiction series being worked on I wondered if anyone has come up with a good way of doing the characters? Thought about doing a comic style but animation would be much better. I have played around with a couple of ideas I thought about trying in terms of story but mainly would just like to figure out a way to make the characters work out.

With the Ent cancelation I thought about doing something set after the series so I tryed to make the NX and daedalus model look better. Also the Gorn animation below is something I did awhile back as a test allthough its very short.

Darker than I originally did it but the ep I was watching had the ship darker.
http://www.freewebs....2k/EntOrbit.jpg

Gorn takes over the 1701 :)
http://www.freewebs..../GornSound3.wmv

The first and the lates Enterpirse, just thru the Ent-E in for fun.
http://www.freewebs....Enterprise2.jpg
"Our 5 year mission... our ongoing mission continues. Star Trek lives... Star Trek survives. Live long and prosper" - Jason Alexander as Captain James T. Kirk

"Lets make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise." - Captain Jean Luc Picard

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:03 PM

Very good! Good job!

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#3 LLAP2U

LLAP2U

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:47 PM

WOW!

That really looks so cool!

After seeing the MU tonight maybe you could do something like that with the Gorn!

What you have done so far just straight out rocks!

Please keep us updated!!! :D
Rimmer : Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten : Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb. ~ Red Dwarf

If Rain Brings Winds Of Change... Let It Rain On Us Forever!"~ VNV NATION

#4 Tmir

Tmir

Insane

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:13 AM

I like it also, pretty cool, more me want to see more keep it up awsum! :D
Do you like my fish?

#5 Skippy 2k

Skippy 2k

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:20 AM

Thanks. I like playing around with lightwave, rendering scenes and stuff. I did one a few minutes ago similar to that above but farther off with a klingon D7 coming into view and a couple of animations.

Haven't got to see the mirror universe ep yet, tomorrow I will though. Really looking forward to this episode! One of the ideas I was playing around with a few months ago for a animated series was a normal universe ship getting stranded in the MU. I have more recently seen this idea posted on the bbs. I also wanted to do something dealing with the S.S. Valiant from WNMHGB. Something having to do with its loss, the effects of the barrier like what happened to Gary Mitchell, possibly a Q/Trelene relationship to it and the MU. Since I was still trying ideas I didn't decide on what all I wanted to use but I would like to do something. Just have to figure out a way to do something with the characters. I liked the gorn animation but I really need a better way of animating them. The gorn really didn't need alot of movement or expression. I have EF models of many trek characters that I could port into LW but I don't know if thats the way to go yet.
"Our 5 year mission... our ongoing mission continues. Star Trek lives... Star Trek survives. Live long and prosper" - Jason Alexander as Captain James T. Kirk

"Lets make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise." - Captain Jean Luc Picard

#6 Eaglet

Eaglet

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

Wonderful
Nothing is impossible

#7 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Wonderful

Yeah! Skippy did some beautiful work! The last I heard he had lost everything in a computer crash :sadnod:

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users