Voyager Fans! Step Forward!

96 replies to this topic

#81 Madame President

Madame President

Confused, as a general rule

• Members
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

because some of the episodes are pretty craptacular. Like Threshold. :P and a few others. I like voyager fine for the most part though.
"Only Nixon can go to China." -Vulcan Proverb

Landru: are you of the Body?

Proud to be a member of SANITY

#82 SMICOO

SMICOO

Recruitment Center Director

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

because some of the episodes are pretty craptacular. Like Threshold. :P and a few others. I like voyager fine for the most part though.

Yes in all Star Trek their were episodes that are not very good. I don't like the first movie but like the second one.
Recruitment Center Director
Posted Image

Vulkon Convention Co-coordinator
http://www.vulkon.com
Deputy Commandant (Maquis Marines) - http://wiki.maquis.com/w/MFMC
Formerly Adjutant General SMI-HLM
Commanding Officer USS Tiberius NCC-50210 SFI-SFMC -
VRDC MEDICAL Region Two
RRO R2
Support Director/SFSO
http://www.usstiberius.org

#83 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

Yes in all Star Trek their were episodes that are not very good. I don't like the first movie but like the second one.

Hello old friend...we used to work together in the old "Funraising" days. I have scrolled throught his thread and gotten quite a chuckle from my early posts. It is amazing how opinions have evolved over the years. I guess Spike is doing Voyager a good service, because I see more fans out there. I can't keep up with the collectors...I have a few episode on vhs that I bought at the dollar store. :blush5: Sad, but true. There were also all these collectors box sets at a place called Ocean State Job Lot in RI. I was too broke at the time to grab up any of them.

I have to say, that I enjoy Voyager in reruns better than TNG. TNG is starting to feel dated...and not in the hilarious TOS fashion. I guess it will take another 10 years to see if it was the show or if I'm just getting older. For some reason, the 80's/90's influence in TNG is less appealing to me than the 60's influence of TOS....There might be some self-loathing involved with being an 80's new wave kind of gal...More fodder for the therapists!!

I connected to Voyager. Janeway's matriarchal role fit in with the birth of my children. 7 of 9 and the Doctor were brilliant. Tuvok rocked!! Harry Kim was kind of annoying, though..but he was supposed to be a green horn. He was definately as annoying as Chekov, but at least you felt like you could throw back a few vodka's with Pavel. I just thought of Neelix...HE was annoying. Kes, too. The rest are cool, though.

Edited by trekkin', 09 August 2007 - 12:04 AM.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#84 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

What is this topic for? Anyway i like Voyager too!

#85 josephcush39

josephcush39

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

Someone out there must have liked Voyager, come on and step up! I will admit that Enterprise is far better than Voyager, but Voyager will always have a special place in my heart because it is what brought me to Trek. I wouldn't be here without Voyager.

go go go :buttrock:
Just read affiliate marketing book! Now I want a procera avh and african mango now

#86 Angel Sakura

Angel Sakura

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'm a Voyager fan, its part of what got me into Trek, but TOS is by far my favorite.
"Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. Solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. And wait till you're sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles, see if you're so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding. Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence." ~ Bones

#87 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:11 AM

Angel Sakura,i too big fan's "Voyager".When i first time watch this good series,me very like.
Technology in "VOY" awesome.Me very like episode "Dreadnought" in two season and episode "37",where crew find old aircraft from 37 year on planet in Delta quadrant.I like watch this series.In end seasons action and drama will be more big yet episodes will be more interesting:episode "Equionix"."Scorpion" too ver good episode."11:51" about city build in 21 century too very good episode.I can not remember all good episodes in this series but say one:what this series interesting as "TOS" or as "TNG".In end i say what i give very big enjoy,watch this series.I hope,what you too give enjoy,watch "Voyager".

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#88 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

I'm still catchig up with Voyager, but I've liked it so far. Janeway is great and very intelligent. I liked it that she knows what her officers are talking about when they present a sollution to a problem and she doesn't need them to explain everything to her (Am I making any sense whatsoever?). Anyway, I like Voyager. :thumbsup:

"Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ... (Ray Bradbury)"

#89 stevect

stevect

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Voyager is my Favorite

#90 Jadzhia

Jadzhia

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

I use Jadzias name, but Voyager is in my heart. :wub:
I love classic 23rd century design!

#91 Ezri Dax

Ezri Dax

Captain

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

I use Jadzias name, but Voyager is in my heart. :wub:

Voyager was cool. It was second best to me. Wished they made a movie with the ending.

#92 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Voyager was cool. It was second best to me. Wished they made a movie with the ending.

Movie have:"Endgame"-episode about final adventure of the "Voyager's" crew.

Edited by Beast Boy, 12 August 2012 - 08:29 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#93 Jadzhia

Jadzhia

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

A Voyager movie would really be joy to the heart :thumbsup:
Endgame was the closest we got, but I would like to see a movie from the books Homecoming and the Farther Shore :)
Or... the book Mosaic :idea32: Janeway ftw :worthy:
I love classic 23rd century design!

#94 Ezri Dax

Ezri Dax

Captain

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

It would be cool to see a movie like Voyager.

Still, I think if they are going to have a new series. I think they need a movie first then the series.

Who I like to see as Captain. Is Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica.

#95 Firdaus

Firdaus

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

I am a Fan of Voyager only because Voyager deals with Borg and I love Voyager the Starship. I think it is the best looking starship on Starfleet. However I never liked or able to relate to any of the characters in Voyager except for the Doctor. Honestly I follow the series to see how the Doctor will evolve.

I think what I really hate about Voyager is the Captain. There are many times when they can actually returned yet the Captain being selfless skipped the opportunity. I understand if they returned then the series is over.

I hate time traveling stories. Voyager ends with time traveling. The ending, the whole BORG collective much stronger then the Dominion cannot bring it down?

I would love to see how Capt. Kirk handle the Borg.I wonder how Capt. Kirk can make the Borg looked really stupid then scary. ( Like the stun he pulled in The Wrath of Khan )

Honestly I think Voyager is watched by fans not because of the Crew or their adventures but because of the Borg. If DS9 deals with the Borg I think it will be a much more action packed Star Trek. Voyager Vs the Dominion? I think the series will end after 1 season.

Edited by Firdaus, 28 August 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#96 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

I am a fan of "Star Trek:Voyager" and i guess that this is good series but sometime have is not interesting episodes.
In this series i hate episodes about holographic novels on the holodeck. I like episodes about Borg and species 8472.

My favorite characters in this series: Tuvok,Tom Paris and doctor.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#97 Ezri Dax

Ezri Dax

Captain

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Interesting you like that Vulcan Beast Boy?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users