If you could write the perfect Star Trek Series

18 replies to this topic

#1 TimBrazeal

TimBrazeal

Hell Yeah

• Members
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:59 PM

This does not have to be about Star Trek.. lets just say you have a kick butt idea for a Sci Fi series.. what would you write about..

let's hear it

Posted Image

Posted Image

IMDB Profile

"Never doubt the power of small group of committed individuals to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." — Margaret Mead

Power is Corrupt - Absolute Power is Kinda Cool!

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:28 PM

I'd write a story based ~100 years before Kirk, about the first Starfleet exploratory ship, named Enterprise. It'd be captained by Jonathan Archer and have a Vulcan female named T'pol as the science officer. The doctor would be a new species, Denobulan, named Phlox. The rest of the crew would be human. The Enterprise would be the first Earth ship to go exploring the galaxy. The Vulcans and Andorians would play a major role in the series, which would slowly evolve to the formation of the Federation. I'd really like to see this idea on television, lasting seven full seasons.

Posted Image

#3 ~Lady Trekki~

~Lady Trekki~

Lovely Secretary to VF

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

Perfect! You're hired!! :P
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Posted Image

#4 wiegeabo

wiegeabo

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:34 PM

I'd write a story based ~100 years before Kirk, about the first Starfleet exploratory ship, named Enterprise. It'd be captained by Jonathan Archer and have a Vulcan female named T'pol as the science officer. The doctor would be a new species, Denobulan, named Phlox. The rest of the crew would be human. The Enterprise would be the first Earth ship to go exploring the galaxy. The Vulcans and Andorians would play a major role in the series, which would slowly evolve to the formation of the Federation. I'd really like to see this idea on television, lasting seven full seasons.

View Post

There's a guy named Manny Coto who I'd think would be perfect as producer/writer. We should see if he'd be interested. :D

#5 CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:40 PM

This does not have to be about Star Trek.. lets just say you have a kick butt idea for a Sci Fi series.. what would you write about..

let's hear it

View Post

It could be Trek. But it doesnt have to be Trek.
Not really a story but something we havent seen too much of yet.
So if anyone runs with this, give me some credit eh?

So this is not really a story idea but the environment I would like to see on a show sometime..

Eventually we will be able to move around the solar system at will.
There are so many cool places to go and get into adventures in our solar system.
All the moons of Jupiter and Saturn like Europa and Titan The amazing places on Mars. Canyons as large as America, Mountains so high they leave the atmosphere. Possibly underground aquifers may be there.
Moons of Neptune like Triton have gysers on them.
I would like to see something about that time. Perhaps Mars is being terraformed, not completed but getting there.

How humans change out there. How they adapt, how many are even born out there. Born on Mars. Cool.

There are asteroids and small moons with gravity so weak you can jump off the escape velocity is so small.

I guess if you think the time Total Recall occured or Outland, or Bladerunner.
But well after something like 2001. Where its the wild west kinda. Prospectors and things like that. Trying to find new life, not intelligent or anything but finding something alive swimming under the ice sheets of Europa.

Sci Fi movies and shows havent spent much time in that area at least not out and about in the Solar System.

A alot of untapped potential there I think.
Letters Division Member

Kirk: I take it the odds are against us and the situation is grim.
Picard: You could say that.
Kirk: You know, if Spock were here, he'd say that I was an irrational, illogical human being by taking on a mission like that. Sounds like fun!

#6 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:42 PM

View Post

Coincidently I was going to post something the same ;)

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#7 gibby6923

gibby6923

Commodore

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:49 PM

View Post

how about throwing in a dog

let see a Lab no

I know a beagle named porthos. :clap:

#8 captainarcher

captainarcher

Commodore

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:51 PM

I'd write a story based ~100 years before Kirk, about the first Starfleet exploratory ship, named Enterprise. . . .

View Post

Captain Hair .... you are a genious!!!

If it is not broken

don't fix it !!!

:thumbsup:

reading your story was hilarious :clap:

#9 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:52 PM

how about throwing in a dog

let see a Lab no
I know a beagle named porthos. :clap:

View Post

Perhaps he could be the doctor's dog... nah, I think the Captain should have a dog. And take him for walks when the go to planets!

Posted Image

#10 Lenonn

Lenonn

Warrant Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:59 PM

Hmmm... first off, just like back in the good old The Next Generation days, no one, two or three characters would dominate. Stories would rotate around all the main characters, and each would have their fair share of screentime.

Secondly, each episode would have more than one plot. Not just the A story, but a B and C. And they wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with one another.

#11 pookha

pookha

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:08 PM

I dont have many of mine own but there are some sf books that would make interesting series or mini series.
niven's known space, poul anderson's dominic flandry books .

as for star trek i dont know if there is hope now for a complete season 5 now but possibly for mini series.

one to lead up to the events of the romulan war, one for the romulan war and the third mini series the aftermath and events leading up the founding of the federation which are not covered in the upcoming abomination.

i also find the idea of a trek anthology series to be interesting.
let new people and others like coto, reeves stevens play around with ideas .
if three or four strong ideas stand out perhaps rotate them al la the sunday mystery movie that nbc had for years that featured columbo, mccloud ect./

and then after doing that for awhile settle on the direction of the next series.

#12 NX01

NX01

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:30 AM

I've actually got a series that I'm about to start writing on. I made a trailer for it back on saveenterprise.com so some of you may have already seen it.

The series would be called Star Trek: Destiny. It is based 1 year after Nemesis (5 years after the Dominion War) and follows the journy of the crew of a soverign class starship, U.S.S Destiny.

Characters
- Captain David Hicks
- Commander Sarah Gates (First Officer)
- Lieutenant Paul Rico (Tactical)
- Lieutenant Duran (Science)
- Dr. Michael Emmerich (Medical)
- Ensign Faye Kinrade (Helm)

- The Breen will have numerous appearances as they are involved in a key event of Hick's life (The sceond battle of Chin'toka). But the Breen won't appear in the pilot.

- The Captain and first officer have a history. What that was you'll have to guess.

- Admiral Janeway will take an Admiral Forrest type of role in some episodes. But instead of Vulcans she'll be bitching with Starfleet Command.

- Emmerich is newbie doctor and has never worked in the field.

- Rico is the kind of guy who acts before thinking. This can be a great source of strengh for a tactical officer but can often be a weakness.

- Kinrade is an ensign whose brother was killed in Dominion War and feeling a sense of obligation she joined Starfllet to finish what he started. Not because it was what she wanted. One thing she does like about being a pilot is that she loves speed.

- The pilot episode is ready to be written out. It begins th story with the second battle of Chin'toka where the Breen/Dominion forces retake the system. Hicks was a young tactical officer and is one of 6 surviviors from his vessel, the Akira class U.S.S Destiny. 5 years later he's given his first command and meets up with his crew. There first mission is simple. Over Federation membership to a planet and open possible trade negotiations. But unfortunate events and the unintenional intervention of the Destiny start a war between this world and its neighbouring planet.

I tried to propose a joint venture with the creators of "Hidden Frontier"(A fan video series) but it was rejected on the spot. So it looks like I'm gonna have to stick with just the scripts.
Art Department
Flash Programming Team

Posted Image

Legends Never Die...

#13 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:17 AM

I'd like to turn a few things on their heads. What about a mainly female crew or a mainly alien crew, for a change? Or a series more about the inner lives of the characters; exploration would be something that they do, but not the be-all and end-all of every single day. Kind of like how a number of classic TV series (Mary Tyler Moore comes to mind immediately, so does Home Improvement, actually) work, where the main character(s) have a job(s) but also thriving home lives. Also, with more comedy. Life is funny. Stories should reflect that, if it's appropriate.

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#14 HM_Murdock

HM_Murdock

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

I've actually.....

....So it looks like I'm gonna have to stick with just the scripts.

View Post

Sounds good. Even if you can't made a video out of it, always worth writing it as a story, then you could one day make it into a vid.
I bent my wookiee. :(

#15 EMH

EMH

Federation President

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:19 PM

let's hear it

View Post

a temporal agent related one, where the main character is an agent, with a shady boss that takes him to different places for the next mission or something.

like James Bond basically (yup a new hot female chick each episode), only with a hint of Doctor Who, with some Trek aliens involved. also it's a team of people, not just one guy.

they could get sent to medieval age (the equivalent) of the Klingons......that would be cool.

also, it could have an edge of exploration in it, where by, they can be about exploring the past and future as well.

it would be able to explain a lot of things in the trek world, and be a fresh and new thing on the menu........(as long as it IS NOT like Dr Who)

well i think it would be kewl.

#16 Archersgal

Archersgal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:15 AM

Perhaps he could be the doctor's dog... nah, I think the Captain should have a dog. And take him for walks when the go to planets!

View Post

And not feed him cheese. OMG you people are so funny! Yeah and we could get Scott Bakula to star in it! :clap:

Archersgal
Public Relations Department
Media Relations Division Member

#17 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:40 AM

And not feed him cheese.  OMG you people are so funny! Yeah and we could get Scott Bakula to star in it! :clap:

Archersgal

View Post

Yeah, we'll have him be the doctor and bury him under makeup. I think John Billingsley would make a goad Archer...

Posted Image

#18 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

View Post

I like the concept. Hair you have been appointed to pitch it to Paramount. Good Luck :devil2:
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#19 Archersgal

Archersgal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:18 PM

Hmm-I like what we have now. To be honest I don't want it to go away. Anyway if they went through with the stupid idea of getting rid of Enterprise like they are in "real life" I would love to see a show where we focus more on the decendants of the 1st Enterprise.

I am even working on a fanfic that deals with the decendants. However, it is a little different because in my fic we don't meet Capt. Archer's great-grandaughter but his SON! I also get rescued by the good Captain and we are married.

Archersgal
Public Relations Department
Media Relations Division Member

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users