Least Favourite TNG Episode

34 replies to this topic

#1 Takara_Soong

Takara_Soong

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:06 PM

When there is a favourite episode thread present you always have to have a least favourite episode thread to go with it.

I can't say I dislike any episode but, for me, Shades of Gray (the season 2 clip episode) is my least favourite. Also on my list are Sub Rosa, Code of Honor, Captain's Holiday (I really hate Vash), In Theory (I really hate Jenna D'Sora) and True Q.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 T'Pel

T'Pel

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

When there is a favourite episode thread present you always have to have a least favourite episode thread to go with it.

I can't say I dislike any episode but, for me, Shades of Gray (the season 2 clip episode) is my least favourite. Also on my list are Sub Rosa, Code of Honor, Captain's Holiday (I really hate Vash), In Theory (I really hate Jenna D'Sora) and True Q.

View Post

weeeell, i'd have to say i didn't like The Game and Captain's Holiday ... both were ... i don't know ... i just didn't like them ... <_<
National Sub-Coordinator For Slovenia
Posted Image
Memorium credit for Gene Roddenberry during the opening of TNG's Unification, Part I

#3 johneh

johneh

Commodore

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:03 PM

The clip episode was definitely the ABSOLUTE WORST.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#4 T'Pel

T'Pel

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:49 AM

:blink: :blink: The clip episode???? :blink:
Posted Image
Memorium credit for Gene Roddenberry during the opening of TNG's Unification, Part I

#5 NX01

NX01

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:21 AM

That was the season 2 finale wher Riker is being infected with a virus.

Personally I didn't mind that ep for a clip episode.

My most hated episode of TNG though has got to be "The Arsenal Of Freedom". Those stupid flying pineapple weapons were meant to have destroyed an entire world of people. How could that be if this incredibly advanced system can't even aim straight.

It tried to shoot Picard at one point, who was standing perfectly still and oblivious to the weapon, and ended up shooting a tree that was a good 10 metres away. If anyone bought these things they should order a refund.
Art Department
Flash Programming Team

Posted Image

Legends Never Die...

#6 SirPhilip86

SirPhilip86

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:22 AM

The Arsenal of Freedom
" JOIN THE ANTI-BUNNY ALLIANCE AND STOP THEM FROM WREAKING HAVOC IN AUSTRALIA!"

#7 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:08 AM

There are a few episodes that after I watched them on DVD (for continuity's sake) I won't watch again for a while...they're just too aweful for one reason or another (especially in Sn1)

But I guess my LEAST favorite would be "Thine Own Self". The ONLY thing redemable about that episode was Troi's earning her promotion to commander. (THAT part rocked, but Data's storyline just doesnt' sit well with me.....especially the "Frankenstein" style "death" of Data.)

Posted Image

#8 NX01

NX01

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:37 AM

I absolutly despised season 1's "Code Of Honour". It was just total bullcrap. The guy who played that Planet's leader couldn't act to save his life.
Art Department
Flash Programming Team

Posted Image

Legends Never Die...

#9 Hal

Hal

Asst. Groups Co-Ord - GEAUX TIGERS

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:12 PM

I'd have to agree with those that say The Arsenal of Freedom is their least favorite.
"But I firmly believe that in any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - VICTORIOUS." Vince Lombardi

Geaux Tigers!
WHO DAT TALKIN' 'BOUT BEATEN DEM SAINTS

#10 T'Pel

T'Pel

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:33 AM

Well remember "Pen Pals"? Where Data is exchanging subspace messages with a girl from a doomed planet? <_<
Posted Image

#11 NX01

NX01

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:37 AM

That was a good episode "Pen Pals". It developed Data's character showing that even he can violate the Prime Directive at his own accord. And Picard has to make a difficult decision about whether to help the dying planet.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that freaky girl. *cringes* Sucks be to the make up department.
Art Department
Flash Programming Team

Posted Image

Legends Never Die...

#12 Lilredhead

Lilredhead

Enterprise: Flashed Creator

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:41 AM

"Shades of Gray" and "The Game" are two that come to mind as being pretty bad.

#13 vorta_weyoun

vorta_weyoun

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

I don't know. I thought they were all good. Possibly Shades of Grey at the end of Season 2. Clip episodes just don't work.

:borg2: Episodes are irrelevant.

:vulcan: Illogical.
The truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination.
Garak

Act, and you shall have dinner; wait, and you shall be dinner.
Gowron

#14 Merced

Merced

Commodore

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:29 PM

The worst episode of the entire series BY FAR was... uhm... I think it was called "Family matters" or something of the kind. The Enterprise was in orbit for repairs, the episode came directly after one of the best episodes of TNG: Best Of Both Worlds.
"The stench of cancellation is gone." -- Dominic Keating expressing his feelings at the end of FedCon XIV in Bonn, Germany on May, 8th, 2005
"I don't for a moment believe Star Trek needs a break. In fact I think we need more Star Trek." -- Manny Coto
"On my world we have an expression: The customer is always right. Maybe you should make that part of your program." -- Charles "Trip" Tucker III. (ENT "Dead Stop")
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise!" -- Jean-Luc Picard (TNG "Yesterday's Enterprise")
"Sir, we can't call it 'the Enterprise'!" - "Why not?" -- Samantha Carter/Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG-1 "Unnatural Selection")
"It appears all we have left to do is to be executed." -- Worf (DS9 "Strange Bedfellows")

#15 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:41 PM

This one is so bad I've blocked the title out of my mind permantely. Its the one where Picard gets trapped in a turbo lift with these kids and his leg is broken and the 4 of them have to save the ship.....really bad script.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#16 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:47 PM

"The Game" was scary. I'm really into video games, so the idea that I could get brainwashed by them freaked me out.

I can't think of one episode that was the worst, but a lot of the Season 1 ones were a bit bad.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#17 NX01

NX01

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:47 AM

Another worst episode I can think of is "The Big Goodbye." It was so damn bad that I'm not gonna bother discussing it.
Art Department
Flash Programming Team

Posted Image

Legends Never Die...

#18 Bret

Bret

Ensign

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:30 AM

Well, there were a few bad ones, but if you're going to force me to choose one, then chalk up another vote for the season two finale, whatever it's called. I hate clip shows, and I hate them even more when they're done after only the second season. Sheesh!

#19 dnlang

dnlang

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

personally, I think the episode where none of them can get REM sleep is pretty awful. THe plot itself isn't bad but the acting is pretty horrendous.

#20 StarShipRanger

StarShipRanger

Petty Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:46 AM

Season 2 finale. "Shades of Gray" ? Actually the storyline was ok. But that clip thingy sucked.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users