Photo

Which Relationship is the Best?

59 replies to this topic

Poll: Which relationship do you like better (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Which relationship do you like better

1. Archer/T'Pol (18 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

2. Voted Tucker/T'Pol (72 votes [76.60%])

Percentage of vote: 76.60%

3. Niether, she's doesn't click with any members of the cast. (4 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

ooo, I haven't seen this topic. Thanks for bringing it up BatouYukinawa Posted Image - and welcome to TU BTW... Posted Image

I soooo had to vote Trip/T'Pol.

Why I hear you ask? Because I think about the shower scene between TnT and the shower scene between AnT speaks volumes. Which was better? Hands down for me.... TnT - Much more passionate and a lot more chemistry than AnT... TnT were meant for each other... Posted Image

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#42 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:29 AM

I don't really have a preference. Both make very little sense on paper but were executed well enough to be interesting.

I will say this: I don't think Archer and T'pol ever really fell for each other. They had an attraction, but it didn't really advance beyond that (except in "Twilight"). It just evolved into a sort of deep friendship. On the other hand, she and Trip clearly fell in love in a relatively short span of time.

#43 BatouYukinawa

BatouYukinawa

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

Precisely my point. They supposedly fell in love in such a short time frame. T'pol and Archers love was believable because of all the time they had spent together. I think T'pol and Archer's relationship had far more complicated nuances then most would like to admit. "Azati Prime", just really made me wonder exactly how you she perceived him. She was very reluctant to show her emotional attachment to him. However, it was revealed to him when she was faced with the idea of losing him. It's obvious when you see his reaction. He's surprised to see her reaction. She tries to take it back, but he can see completely through her retraction. I just don't see much evidence on this level between Trip and T'pol. She never becomes this emotional about Trip. It's infatuation between them. I'm sorry, I just can't see much more then that. The E2, Terra Prime, similitude incident I barely even acknowledge. Clearly the writer at the time, regardless of weather or not it made sense, wanted to make them a couple. The writing just sucked bad at that point. None of the characters acted the way they normally would. Just goes to show you what happens when there is no continuity.

#44 Mrs Treklady

Mrs Treklady

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

Archer t'pol relationship is the best one

#45 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:42 AM

Trip and T'Pol have the most intriguing relationship when it comes to passion. They both have respect for each other as well, and can work in perfect tandem on a project, even if they have differences of opinions as to the pathway to follow to get the job done. In the end, they just work as a dynamic couple.

Archer and T'Pol have a deep friendship, without the passion. Even in Twilight, there was the strong possibility of love, but they did not exude any chemistry or passion towards each other. Trip and T'Pol still had a draw to each other in that episode, however, their mutual friendship to Archer trumped their relationship in favor of taking care of what he needed.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#46 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:08 AM

Trip & T'Pol for me without a doubt. Twilight was the only episode where Archer and T'Pol had any chemistry whatsoever. They were somewhat antagonistic at first, but it matured to mutual -completely platonic- respect.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#47 The_Middleman

The_Middleman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

Trip & T'Pol. There was no Archer/T'Pol relationship.

#48 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

I would have to go with T'Pol/Trip.

#49 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

I would have to go with T'Pol/Trip.

Welcome to TU, Chief! Pop over to Ten Forward for a virtual drink and introduce yourself.

Ten Forward

And I agree, TnT all the way for me!

Have fun!

Edited by paulinem, 17 July 2010 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#50 jolene-b-fan

jolene-b-fan

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

yea, trip tpol for sure. there might have been an implied relationship w/ archer, in that one ep where he wakes up from having no memory, and tpol keeps telling him what happened over and over again. I can't recall the title, but they were both much older.
Jolene Blalock Zone
Jolene Blalock fan of course.

#51 rhs

rhs

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

No question, Trip and me! In truth I agree with Windsong, Trip/T'Pol was so contrived, merely an excuse to bare flesh. To be perfectly honest, I voted for Archer/T'Pol but their relationship was more one of mutual respect and admiration.
I declare the cuteness of Connor & Dominic!

Certified Connorsseur Chief Instigator. Trip's Not Dead!

#52 T'Saavik

T'Saavik

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

I think 5 years ago I voted for TnT. I still do. LOL.
T'Saavik

#53 marika valeris

marika valeris

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

Triiiiiiiiiiiiiip!!! and T'pol!!
TRIP IS NOT DEAD!!!!!I DONT LIKE YOU JJ.ABRAMS!

Posted Image

#54 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

Trip and T'Pol, :tpol: and :trip: are :inlove:, for me too...this couple had something that shouldnt have ended ever...Trip and T'Pol had "Love That Should Never Die"

#55 MicioGatta

MicioGatta

Commodore

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

Trip and T'Pol. Or as RHS said, Trip and me. :-D

TnT, why? Because....
Posted Image

And because they are the opposite, she's cold, he's hot; she's logic, he's passion; she's seriuos, he's funny; she's mathematical, he's technical; she's theorical, he's pragmatic; she's diplomatic, he's.... not!

Archer seems like more their big brother, best friend....

Edited by MicioGatta, 28 November 2010 - 02:55 PM.

We've all done the scarecrow! (Q -Star Trek - Voyager "Deathwish")

My 5th Virtual Season of Enterprise, or how I saved Trip Tucker!

Against Patulous Eustachian Tube

#56 The_Middleman

The_Middleman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

The was only one romance in Enterprise canon: Trip and T'Pol. Everything else is ....

sorry for the duplicate post, I forgot I already chimed in on this subject)

Edited by The_Middleman, 07 January 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#57 The flyer

The flyer

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

It's defiantly Trip and T'pol they just work better both of there characters is written to be everything that the other is not and it was fun to watch that slow progression of them toward each other going from thorough dislike to understanding to respecting each other, to friendship, to reluctant lovers. And all without the vast majority of the crew knowing anything few of the crew knew that they were good friends and the rest thought that they simply tolerated each other. It was hysterical at times and incredibly sad at others such as the final episode "terra prime".

#58 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

I love TnT best, but then I'm the kind of person who usually goes for the canonical relationships any way.

That said, I'm open to Archer/T'Pol. I'm not one of those TnTers who thinks they're going to get a raging case of the cooties from an Archer/T'Pol fic, or feels threatened because Archer/T'Pol flies in the face of Everything Right And Good And Decent In The World. :rolleyes: The whole Shipper War thing from back in the day was just ridiculous.

None of us ever has feelings for just one person in the entirety of our lives. That there'd been a spark between Archer and T'Pol just makes things more interesting and complex, IMHO.

Posted Image
Everything Changes in the Expanse
(click banner to visit)

#59 Angel Sakura

Angel Sakura

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

I dunno, it might have just been me but I saw Trip/T'pol as a couple way back in season one. To me there was just a certain chemistry, it was obvious (to me at least) that Trip was smitten with her from day one.

Archer/T'Pol, in my opintion, has always been sort of a respectful relationship. Especially in the earlier seasons when Archer was adament about his dislike for Vulcans. It just doesn't make sense to me for Archer to fall in love with someone from a race he obviously dislikes, even if he does come to respect them later on.
"Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. Solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. And wait till you're sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles, see if you're so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding. Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence." ~ Bones

#60 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

I dunno, it might have just been me but I saw Trip/T'pol as a couple way back in season one. To me there was just a certain chemistry, it was obvious (to me at least) that Trip was smitten with her from day one.

Archer/T'Pol, in my opintion, has always been sort of a respectful relationship. Especially in the earlier seasons when Archer was adament about his dislike for Vulcans. It just doesn't make sense to me for Archer to fall in love with someone from a race he obviously dislikes, even if he does come to respect them later on.

Oh, it was pretty obvious that TPTB were presenting TnT as the show 'ship in season one...but I'm not convinced that anyone was smitten or that it was love at first sight. I don't see Trip mooning over T'Pol...more like tugging on her pigtails out on the playground.

In season two, however, you can tell they were testing Archer/T'Pol...as well as Trip/Hoshi and Trip/alien babe. Unlike a lot of TnTers, I actually *like* the Archer/T'Pol moments, for the complexity they add to the TnT dynamic if nothing else.

Chrisoula 24--it sounds like you're having a rough time and I'm sorry to hear that.

Posted Image
Everything Changes in the Expanse
(click banner to visit)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users