Photo

Which Relationship is the Best?

59 replies to this topic

Poll: Which relationship do you like better (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Which relationship do you like better

1. Archer/T'Pol (18 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

2. Voted Tucker/T'Pol (72 votes [76.60%])

Percentage of vote: 76.60%

3. Niether, she's doesn't click with any members of the cast. (4 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dr. Phlox

Dr. Phlox

The Opinionist

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:12 AM

I managed to catch the rerun of "Twilight" on Saturday and I can't understand how people prefer the Trip/T'Pol "relationship" over the possible Archer/T'Pol one. It seemed that for the first 2 seasons of the show Archer and T'Pol were the focus of a possible relationship. The pair certainly had more chemistry than Tucker and T'Pol in which chemistry is non existent.

The relationship Archer and T'Pol had in "Twilight" was just simply believable. I couldn't see T'Pol being Tucker's nurse for a decade. Some might say that T'Pol and Tucker's overt hostility towards each other was really a sign of affection. However, I always saw their friendship as more platonic than romantic.

Part of my frustration is due to the way in which the Trip/T'Pol relationship came about. T'Pol was on drugs and giving erotic massages to Trip. Not the best place to start a relationship. Unless, you work for a rehab clinic.

This hadn't bothered me in a long while, but then I saw "Twilight" and.... grrr. So much wasted potential!
Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Mr Lazy

Mr Lazy

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:19 AM

archer and t'pol 4me... :)

#3 Venet

Venet

Commodore

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

Trip and T`Pol for me. There was this chemistry from episode one that continued to the latest episodes. It's more real than the Archer and T`Pol stuff.

#4 Mae

Mae

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:09 PM

I just don't see Archer and T'Pol in that kind of relationship. There is obviously a respect for each other, but more the sort you would have with a family member.

There was never the same hidden-yet-obvious attraction that Trip and T'Pol have. I think it would have taken some kind of drastic event (and they used drug addiction) for her, as a Vulcan, to have a relationship with anyone.
I'm not bothered by how the writers chose to do it. The sparks fly off the screen with those two... can't wait for Bound! :D

#5 Audace

Audace

Ensign

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:22 PM

trip and t'pol are the BEST! [no offense Jonathan... :P ]

:clap: :clap: GO TRIP GO! :clap: :clap:

#6 NX01

NX01

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

I'd have to go with Archer/T'pol.

Why you ask? because there was loads and loads of build up to it and we all got the impression that chemistry was building up between the too of them.

Trip/T'pol was just rushed from the episode "The Xindi" and everyone knew what was coming almost immediatly.
Art Department
Flash Programming Team

Posted Image

Legends Never Die...

#7 hunter86

hunter86

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

I'd have to go with Archer/T'pol.

Why you ask? because there was loads and loads of build up to it and we all got the impression that chemistry was building up between the too of them.

Trip/T'pol was just rushed from the episode "The Xindi" and everyone knew what was coming almost immediatly.

View Post

Don't forget Phlox the trip/t'pol thing also started with a bunch of abuse and fighting between them never a good way to start and keep a ongoing relationship.
Speaking for myself what would have killed it for me would have been what tpol said after they had the first night together. I've said it before on here. T'pol gives the impression she's just exploring humanity in all it's aspects from a scientific point of view, even with great gazomba's she's got>> that type of attitude is a real turnoff.
Archer and tpol were going somewhere but it just cooled off for some reason. :taz:

#8 DeAnn

DeAnn

Editor - HFO and FanMagazine - PR Team

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:36 AM

I voted Trip/T'Pol. What I think you guys forget was that their relationship wasn't started with the xindi or drugs. It was started back in season 1 when Trip gave her the free to choose speech! From then on, she would seek him out to get his advice. T'Pol started to trust his judgement and came to view humans and particularily, him, in a different light. So their relationship wasn't all of a sudden or in a hurry. It's been building towards this.

DeAnn

#9 hunter86

hunter86

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:34 AM

I voted Trip/T'Pol.  What I think you guys forget was that their relationship wasn't started with the xindi or drugs.  It was started back in season 1 when Trip gave her the free to choose speech!  From then on, she would seek him out to get his advice.  T'Pol started to trust his judgement and came to view humans and particularily, him, in a different light.  So their relationship wasn't all of a sudden or in a hurry.  It's been building towards this.

DeAnn

View Post

No trip was her "experiment" in human sexuality. Obviously a defense mechanism from a so called emotionally repressed vulcan lol. Why need to have defenses about emotions if you have buried them? hehe

I didn't say it Tpol did..

#10 NX01

NX01

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:57 AM

The trellium let her express them. lol. Damn crack addict.
Art Department
Flash Programming Team

Posted Image

Legends Never Die...

#11 ~Lady Trekki~

~Lady Trekki~

Lovely Secretary to VF

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:33 AM

I voted Tucker/Tpol....it just seems the most logical choice. :)
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Posted Image

#12 hunter86

hunter86

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:58 PM

I voted Tucker/Tpol....it just seems the most logical choice.  :)

View Post

It was kinda the choice that was rammed down our throats lol
Soooo now we know how to release those pent up vulcan repressed emotions.
Load em up witn crack (aka trellium) heheheh

#13 Dr. Phlox

Dr. Phlox

The Opinionist

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:37 PM

You're all horrible people! :P :D
Posted Image

#14 Tmir

Tmir

Insane

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:40 PM

It was kinda the choice that was rammed down our throats lol
Soooo now we know how to release those pent up vulcan repressed emotions.
Load em up witn crack (aka trellium) heheheh

View Post

I voted for Tucker and T'Pol, I just don't like Archer :nonono:
Do you like my fish?

#15 Skrill

Skrill

Ensign

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:22 PM

I can see me and T'Pol happening in the future... :P Nah. I wouldn't pick T'Pol ;) I kinda thought Archer and T'Pol were ok together. But I'm not sure if I would just consider them to be in a sort of relationship as Chakotay and Janeway, or as something hot and boiling. I guess that most would prefer to see Trip and T'Pol.. If only because people seem to appreciate their looks the most and together it would be a mighty treat to the eye for those shippers ;)

And they both have a T name and the same number of letters in their name. Aw. Isn't that cute? They must be destined together! :P *almost retches about my own giddyness and sugary sweetness* :P

#16 hunter86

hunter86

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

I can see me and T'Pol happening in the future... :P  Nah. I wouldn't pick T'Pol ;) I kinda thought Archer and T'Pol were ok together. But I'm not sure if I would just consider them to be in a sort of relationship as Chakotay and Janeway, or as something hot and boiling. I guess that most would prefer to see Trip and T'Pol.. If only because people seem to appreciate their looks the most and together it would be a mighty treat to the eye for those shippers ;)

And they both have a T name and the same number of letters in their name. Aw. Isn't that cute? They must be destined together! :P *almost retches about my own giddyness and sugary sweetness* :P

View Post

Gag all this sweetness

I gotta say that the best relationship I have seen on Enterprise is............wait for it............................

Archer/Porthos
A man and his dog what more can I say? lol

#17 Sir William

Sir William

Rear Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:02 PM

Archer seems more appropriate for T'Pol. "Vulcan Love Slave" aside, I've never felt Vulcan women would seek out a "hot" relationship. Archer, in a way, has a lot of Vulcan in him now (Surak).

Sometimes strong romantic relationships can evolve less from sex and emotion but rather from a meeting (or melding :P) of the minds and a strong sense of trust. I'd even argue that the latter might be preferable.

#18 Kincaid

Kincaid

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:21 PM

i can only saY one thinh : trip/t´pol

they fit from episode 1 :D
ein Paladin und ein Dieb stehen vor einer Horde Untoten...

der paladin zieht sein schwert und ruft:" wohl an"

der dieb: " wohl kaum"

#19 Darth Buddha

Darth Buddha

Rear Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 974 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

Well, as of the Orion Slave Girl episode, the question is rather moot: it's all been decided.

#20 Ferret

Ferret

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:40 PM

I think the original plan may have been to do the T'pol/Archer route, but I think the chemistry between Trip and T'pol worked out better.

Archer and T'pol seem to be more of a sounding board for each other, they keep each other grounded and have a very good deep relationship, but its a friendship----T'pol takes a maternal postion with Archer when he goes out to far on a limb, or get carried away by his emotions, and likewise, Archer gives her a fatherly base for when she has trouble reconciling her feelings with her logic. Sort of a mentor but it goes boths ways, depending on the situation.

Trip/T'pol I think have chemistry as characters, They despised each other at first, but that was just masking a deep down mutual attraction. You always tease the hardest, the one you like the most.
:thumbsup:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users