Star Trek Sirius

4 replies to this topic

#1 SteveNeill

SteveNeill

1st Year Cadet

• VIP
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Well guys what can I say? I've started this project as a result of my finishing this large scale Enterprise from scratch.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Lfub2v8LcBc

I was suppose to do a short film as a closing to the 47 part series on You Tube of her construction. But one thing led to another and the nest thing I knew Star Trek Sirius was born.

We have shot the pilot which is a simple first test run to see if the CGI bridge I built in Lightwave would work before I moved on to other CGI sets. I have a good CGI crew as I have been a professional CGI VFX person for many years now. Doug Drexler an old friend has been helping and assisting. In fact he's in the pilot and will be in the first episode.

Here's the link to our rough unfinished web site.

http://makestarshipsnotwar.com/

We are adding more this weekend. the first trailer is up and the about explains much of the show. I we are taking a different twist on the TOS period.

I worked for Gene years ago. the best was TMP. For years afterward I worked on many movies. Ghost Busters, Fright night to name a few. But they were never really what I wanted to do most. Star Trek.

I'll update this thread as time allows and I have new material but please watch the site. Be sure to watch the news videos in the new section to see some of the behind the scenes on the CGI bridge, our first garage shoot and more.

I hope you all enjoy this,

Steve Neill

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

WOW! Sport, that is flamin' awesome! :drool:

I've only had a quick look at your bio but you mentioned working on films - I assume you worked on the props, the special effects? Well now you'e got it, you've gotta do something with it! Star Trek Sirius? That second graphic, is it non-canon? I don't recognise it... I could easily spend the nigtht trawling through your videos but I've got to set my own little studio up tonight to do some motion capture and audio for Star Trek: Red Squad - two great young guys who are doing an animation, you'll like them.

In an entertainment industry that is now dominated by cgi and green screen filming, creating something with live filming of models is going to be a refreshing change, I'd say an immense challenge but I suspect that you are experienced in filming models as well? By all means go into detail! I will almost certainly never be able to do the same thing myself but knowing how this type of SFX is done will make us want to re-watch the originals and appreciate the skill and talent that went into them even more.

Looking forward to finding out more about your production.

Gotta go! Cheers!

Kirok of L'Stok
Director of Media

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Welcome back to TU Steve.
I have followed your work on another site where we are both members.
Great to have you back and with such a great project. Looking forward to its developments.:thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 SteveNeill

SteveNeill

1st Year Cadet

• VIP
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Thanks guys so much and for the VIP status!

Yes I have worked in film for over 35 years mostly as a special effects makeup artist. I've done lots of stuff my favorite always being working with Fred Philips on TMP where I made Spock's ears. A huge treat.

The ship is my own Design. I built it in Lightwave. I had a lot of input from the fans I incorporated into it. The back story is she's 40 years old and the saucer section is the only original section. the ship has been used for war games and test fitting new components and weapons. She battled harden and a bot to be decommissioned, but is given to the captain after he saves the Enterprise from a Romulan attact during a test drive.

Currently working on the sets and doing VFX as the love action is done/ We are alos working on the first script for the first true episode. This current one is the pilot.

Many thanks again or the warm welcome and please give us a link to your Red Squad.

Steve

#5 SteveNeill

SteveNeill

1st Year Cadet

• VIP
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

We are still hard at making this a reality. I started this campaign with hopes. It's a long shot but worth a try. Thanks for looking:

http://www.indiegogo...c=home&a=512070

I should have some new updates and a new trailer soon!

Steve

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users