Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

More new fan-produced, Star Trek graphic novels! TrekUnited Publishing is exceptionally proud to present for your enjoyment, the first of a new series featuring the work of PD Smith - Tales From The Fleet - to be released monthly! Welcome aboard, Paul!

Posted Image

PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 [
issuu.com]

The first graphic novel to come from the virtual pen of PD Smith, his 'proof of concept' issue to test out DAZ Studio as a totally new media. 61 p. US Letter

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

Great work! I just read and downloaded the issue.:thumbup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

What i can say: this is epic graphic novel.I very like this story.If i don't mistake-main ship-class "Dreadnought".
I will be wait release next graphic novel,of course if next issue will be release.Good job,Kirok. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beast Boy, 21 March 2012 - 09:05 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#4 mdbruffy

mdbruffy

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Welcme aboard, Paul! All good things come....

#5 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

Welcome aboard Paul.

I was bored one night & decided to do my own version of your novel cover. Enjoy!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Welcome aboard Paul.

I was bored one night & decided to do my own version of your novel cover. Enjoy!

Posted Image

What can i say?This is awesome cover,me very like background fon with nebula,asteroid field and wormhole.
Cover maked is very quality and on professional level.Good job,JHauck! :thumbsup:

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#7 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Thank you. Yes, I've read the book about a Vampiric alien race attacking a Federation outpost in the TOS era. Very nice. Here's a blank template for you guys to use in future monthly installments of "Tales From The Fleet".

Posted Image

Here's an offering for ~next~ month's cover of "Tales From The Fleet".

Posted Image

Edited by JHauck, 28 March 2012 - 04:01 AM.

Posted Image

#8 PDSmith

PDSmith

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Welcome aboard Paul.

Posted Image

Thanks. it looks great I may call you up for an idea when I come back to doing the O'bannon series..I'm on a TNG kick for right now bul will come back soon!

#9 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

P.D. Smith: I thought "Tales From The Fleet", covered ~ALL~ the eras from ENT to DS9/VOY, like the Captain's Table pro-lit series. I'd LOVE to work on your TNG series/ideas with you. I take check/cash donations (by mail for now as I'm nervous about getting my site & finances hacked.) I'm ~HEAVILY~ considering setting-up my website "Star Trek: New Worlds" with a pay-pal account link for accepting commissions electronically but haven't made up my mind yet.

Edited by JHauck, 29 March 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image

#10 PDSmith

PDSmith

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

P.D. Smith: I thought "Tales From The Fleet", covered ~ALL~ the eras from ENT to DS9/VOY, like the Captain's Table pro-lit series. I'd LOVE to work on your TNG series/ideas with you. I take check/cash donations (by mail for now as I'm nervous about getting my site & finances hacked.) I'm ~HEAVILY~ considering setting-up my website "Star Trek: New Worlds" with a pay-pal account link for accepting commissions electronically but haven't made up my mind yet.

Tales does cover all the series. I'm currently working on a series that is post TNG...also know as the AFTER the Borg are gone. (as per the trilogy by David Mack.) and then I'm coming back to this series (TOS) and then going back to the post-TNG era. But when it comes to the money aspect. I cant charge or pay...it's a legal thing. Since it is 'trek' related and the stipulations CBS studios/Paramount have let be is as long as money doesn't change hands for profit the Borg(aka the Lawyers) won't step in. I'm a retired from the US Navy Jag Corp. I've had my fill with lawyers and don't wish to work with them again. If others wish to receive pay for infringing on the Trek trademark, it's up to them, but they should keep in mind with SOPA and PIPA in the process of being rewritten so it's a 'bit' more specific it's still 'a shaky and thin wire' to walk.

But I will keep you in mind when I come back to the TOS issues...if you are still interested.

Paul

#11 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

P.D. Smith: Yes, I'm still interested. Let me know the title (for the entire series) & the "episode/novel-specific" titles. I also take donations to support the "Star Trek: New Worlds" website ~itself~, not just specific commissions for the artwork I do.

Edited by JHauck, 01 April 2012 - 11:47 PM.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users