#1 sgroene

sgroene

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hi Everyone! I'm new here.

A little bit about me...

I'm a college student/researcher studying psychology at USF. I'm interested in media fandoms (like Star Trek) which is why I joined this forum. In my spare time I care for saltwater aquariums or build with Legos. Not sure what else to say... :)

Glad to be here!
~Samantha

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

Weclome on TU.Enjoy and read very many information about great sci fi series.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#3 sgroene

sgroene

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Beast Boy! :)

#4 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Welcome to Trek United. The Star Trek fan community is legendary, and we do not closely resemble what you see on Big Bang Theory, although there are Trek lovers of that type, too. You might want to take a peak at the Star Trek Fan Film subcommunity. The live action Star Trek fan film actively being developed closest to your location is in Las Vegas, Nevada, Star Trek: Secret Voyage. However, there are many animators, audio series, fan fiction writers, fan gamers, as well. My website, Star Trek Reviewed, tracks released Star Trek Fan Films, http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/ and includes a map showing where fan films are being worked on or where fan films that were completed were worked on (uncompleted abandon efforts are removed from the map, vis: http://startrekrevie...2009/06/4.html. Also not included are most of the Animators working with the Star Trek package out of the Go!Animate group. If you move the map around, you will find fan filmmakers on five continents. (I have a lead in Africa, but I haven't been able to follow it up yet.) :thumbsup:

Star Trek fandom is a worldwide phenomenon. I invite you to click on the "Clustrmaps" at the bottom of any page of Star Trek Reviewed and see the number of visitors from places you might not have guessed. You can use google translate to 'listen in' on conversations on non-English websites as people debate Star Trek ideas from Bangalore, India to Bangalore, Maine. Nothing like reading a discussion of Trek on an Islamic website, with an Arab Trek fan defending his love to his Iman.

National differences can also be viewed in the Trek lens. Comedic Star Track is clearly Canadian, while England's Star Trek: Unity features a Time Lord who is also Captain Lewis of the U.S.S. Odyssey (which works out of Star Base Unity.). Although unfinished, Star Trek: Lexington (out of Lexington, Ky) is full of Stars and Stripes. And as one German Trek fan once said to me, "you don't really appreciate Star Trek until you've enjoyed it in the original German." (a steal from a Klingon saying about Shakespeare.)

Anyway, if I or my website can be of any help in your study, let me know!
Posted Image

#5 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Welcome to TU Samantha!!

Have fun here! Swing by Ten Forward for an e-drink some time!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#6 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

Welcome aboard, Samantha :wave:
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#7 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

:wave: Hello there! Welcome!

"Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ... (Ray Bradbury)"

#8 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Welcome to TU, Samantha! Posted Image I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users