2 replies to this topic

#1 lizardfolk

lizardfolk

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

Hello Star Trek fans.

I'm looking to create a star trek webseries in the form of a motion comic that is very similar to this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PAUAC0RzMis

I have two writers on board writing the series in script for at the moment and I have access to voice actors. The special effects and animation I can do myself as I have knowledge of both adobe premiere and adobe after effects.

However, I currently lack an artist. Is there anyone out there who can draw that is willing to help me get this project off the ground?

Thanks for your attention

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

First of all: Welcome to TrekUnited! :thumbsup:

I hope you don't mind the bit of housekeeping I did to bring you into our Fan Animation forum? I think you'll find posts about some existing and past projects that might give you food for thought. In fact, um, would you be thinking about something along the lines of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBSf6ooInJg

Have a look on the thread I did on motion comics (although I didn't call them that) HERE

Got some work to do so I can't go into depth but are you thinking of hand-drawn art? If so I'd suggest deviantArt but the problem you face is that an artist with sufficient talent to deliver what you want will have projects of their own - you'll have to hit them with a really attractive offer spelling out your own graphic/video experience, audio/VA resources and a convincing treatment for the plot to get them to hitch their wagon to your star!

if you are talking about delivering graphics, you have a much wider pool to pull from. Taking photomanipulations and photoshopping artistic filters onto them - as with the example above - can give you something very similar to the Marvel motion comic which is trying to be photo-realistic in its turn. Where do you get your graphics from? I'd suggest canvassing webcomic artists, photo-manip' artists - especially on the DAZ/Poser forums

...or even STO! set up your scenes on Star Trek Online then take snapshots with FRAPS and photoshop them. This would be a much easier method of getting your graphics and could be done by a team rather than a single artist.

Gotta blaze!

Have fun looking around the forum!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 lizardfolk

lizardfolk

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

First of all: Welcome to TrekUnited! :thumbsup:

I hope you don't mind the bit of housekeeping I did to bring you into our Fan Animation forum? I think you'll find posts about some existing and past projects that might give you food for thought. In fact, um, would you be thinking about something along the lines of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBSf6ooInJg

Have a look on the thread I did on motion comics (although I didn't call them that) HERE

Got some work to do so I can't go into depth but are you thinking of hand-drawn art? If so I'd suggest deviantArt but the problem you face is that an artist with sufficient talent to deliver what you want will have projects of their own - you'll have to hit them with a really attractive offer spelling out your own graphic/video experience, audio/VA resources and a convincing treatment for the plot to get them to hitch their wagon to your star!

if you are talking about delivering graphics, you have a much wider pool to pull from. Taking photomanipulations and photoshopping artistic filters onto them - as with the example above - can give you something very similar to the Marvel motion comic which is trying to be photo-realistic in its turn. Where do you get your graphics from? I'd suggest canvassing webcomic artists, photo-manip' artists - especially on the DAZ/Poser forums

...or even STO! set up your scenes on Star Trek Online then take snapshots with FRAPS and photoshop them. This would be a much easier method of getting your graphics and could be done by a team rather than a single artist.

Gotta blaze!

Have fun looking around the forum!

K

Hello, thank you for the welcome :)

Yeah that video you showed me is similar to what I have in mind. However, I was planning on having voice acting as well. Normally I would go for some kind of visual manipulation as I'm fairly competent in photoshop. However, I would require a fairly original settings and some obscure aliens (such as the Selay). Thus, unfortunately, a machinima or editing footage of Star Trek would suit my needs.

So yeah, I would need an artist.

If any artist is potentially interested I can sent the script and they can judge if my writing is good enough for their efforts :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users