Ten Forward XXXVIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
991 replies to this topic

#441 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Today i was go in nearly shop( from my home to shop 40 m),i was buy two package with food on week: meet,tomato juice,lemonade,milk,carrot and chicen head for my cats.They eat only chicen head,fish or meat they don't like.
My cats: one big and fat ccat(male)-angora yet other my cat-sibirian cat(female).I everyday go in shop for food and other products.

Edited by Beast Boy, 14 April 2012 - 10:52 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#442 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Soccer Game...Clean up day for BoyScouts AND Baseball...uniforms picked up. Cleaning to commence...

I need more coffee...Where is that Pink2??

Oh...I found him moonlighting....

Posted Image

At least I can get some coffee!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#443 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

HI TL!

Good Luck Trekkin!

We did all our shopping this morning. Great day out, loving the weather.

Grand kids are sleeping over tonight. My eldest has a gig and his wife wants to go see him play.

I'll be back and in need of large beverage to unwind.:P

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#444 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hi,Tu,today i watched one most cool and awesome episode from my favorite trek series: "DS9": "Homecoming".This episode about strange cult,call "Circle",they even fight on Quark and make stamp on his head and in next they capture station Deep space nine.I mean that you watched this episode in season two.What do you think about this episode?

Today weather just very good,sunny and hot.Temperature~+15*C.This weather for me.
I like when in city come spring and of course i with enjoy waiting when come summer.

P.S.About "Star trek:Deep space nine": i watched random episodes,today i will be watching "Way of the warrior".
I watched my favorite "Star Trek" episodes and that me like in present time.How your's favorite "Deep space nine" episode,what you very like watched?

Edited by Beast Boy, 15 April 2012 - 06:52 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#445 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Still not very fond of Facebook.

#446 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Still not very fond of Facebook.

What do you mean?spam on Fb or something?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#447 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Elf that is a nice one, but as I manage to sleep tru the radio, phone and doorbell it might not help. But somhow I wake up in time to go to work.

Turn the radio up loud, then you would have to get out of bed.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#448 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Oh...mlaz...have you tried melatonin?? That helps my son! It helps you sleep better...so you wake up easier.

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#449 Kate The Curst

Kate The Curst

Ensign

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

I know I've been gone for a really long time, but I just need to let some of this pressure out.

I don't even know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm going to anyway. This semester has sucked so bad. I knew that getting involved in an internship was a bad idea, especially one that was based through the college. I'm part of the marketing staff and have been treated like phlox this whole semester. Nothing I do seems to be good enough, for anyone.

I've been yelled at by too many people for too many things and I just can't take it anymore! When I planned out this semester, I wasn't anticipating two of my coworkers having to leave. I knew one was going to have a baby in Feb, but the other had to leave so that she could get custody of her grandson. I ended up working practically every night I was available at that job. My other job was fine, but the hours I had scheduled and arranged with my boss to get the two to work together ended up having to make me work every night but Sundays. I'm not complaining about the jobs, or the money. I just ended up being really really busy. I'm also going to school full time and had that bloody internship.

I started getting yelled at by my classmates for not following through on email duty that same day, I got yelled at for not being able to attend the weekly Friday night meetings for the internship. Yeah, I'm totally going to tell my boss "Hey Jamie, you know how we're a retail store? Yeah, I need every Friday off til the end of April. We cool?"

This has been a gigantic nightmare and it's only getting worse. Nationals are this upcoming Saturday and we are sooooooo unprepared. Deena and Sherry (my group members) keep getting on my case about being "unavailable." phloxes please!! I'm doing what I can. Deena came up to me on Friday and said "you're going to get this entire week off so that we can practice right?" I told her that I could give her Monday and Tuesday, all day long but that Wed, Thurs and Friday I had to work. I'm already getting Saturday through Sunday off for nationals, I don't think my jobs would be too happy if I suddenly wanted this week off too. Deena has been harping all week about "we need to change the powerpoint, we need to change the documentation, we need to change *insert item here* I told her to let me know what she wanted me to be working on. We cant' pull a presentation together in one week and expect to place at nationals.

I just barely was able to see all the rules and guidelines for this. I didn't even get to see them before state. We placed 4th at state out of.... 7? (I think it was 7) Not too impressive if you ask me. I highly doubt that we'll place and if we don't, it will somehow be my fault. I'm just soooo sick and tired of everyone being on my case lately.

I've been an emotional wreck. I can't stop crying. Accounting is kicking my butt and I've done nothing as far as final papers for my other classes go. I just can't handle everyone pushing their demands on me. I'm ready to hop into my car and book it out to Vegas or Disneyland. I've recently picked up cutting, which is not something I'm proud of. My arms and legs are starting to get people's attention. I don't want the attention. I'm running out of lies to tell people when they ask about them. Saying "it's my cat" or "it's the neighbor's cat" is getting old and I can tell people aren't buying it anymore.

I'm scared and feel so alone. I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. I'm getting something akin to panic attacks and I feel like I cant' breathe. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm worried that I'll have a complete and total meltdown at nationals and lash out at everyone.

TL;DR? People suck and are making my life harder than it needs to be.

#450 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

Today i was registration on Stargate forum,because this is series me very like and i guess that i will be Stargate fan,
What do you think about my solution?
P.S. Star trek i don't forget and will be speaking with you about this series.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#451 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Kate you need to breathe. It seems to me that you have taken on too many things. Something has to give...and it should not be your own sanity. I think, perhaps if you spoke to your bosses and cut back your hours at all of your job/internships just for the month they will help you out. If they do not, you must consider quitting. School is most important of all those things. It will lead to a better job and it is actually your "job" to complete college. I had a very similar situation when I was in college a million moons ago, and my English professor told me to quit my job. I thought he was an idiot. I said to him, "I need the JOB to PAY for your CLASS..." but in the end. If I had just gone to one less concert or bought one less cool outfit and taken time to get to work on his class, I would have been better off. It seems insane when you are inside of the situation, but there are simple solutions.

I've worked in retail as a simple cashier all the way to store manager. If you are a valued employee, they will do what they can to help you. They'll know that you can "pay back" the favor when the semester is over. I'm sure people will be wanting time off over the summer.

As far as cutting. Please don't. Please see your school's councilor. Go to the health center and ask to speak to a therapist or councilor. They will direct you to someone. The attention you seek is not paid for in blood. That is a very tricky situation. You can avoid this painful release and find something out about yourself at the same time. Remember that I said I was a store manager...One of the gals that worked for me had been a cutter. (Strangely enough, she had this really silly ear fetish as well) but she wore lots of bracelets and bandanas tied around her wrists. It was to cover the scars. She had come through that desperate place and to the other side, but the scars are forever. She is a lovely girl inside and out. So are you.

You always, ALWAYS have a place to talk, here. We love all our Trekkie friends.

Now...lets have a nice, silly drink with an umbrella in it and relax.

#452 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#453 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Kate : I think that Trekkin' has offered you very valuable ideas...

And for Beasty Boy : www.gateworld.net is a very good website about Stargate (SG1, Atlantis, Universe).

And when I wrote my opinion about Facebook, I was in a grumpy mood. But the whole hype about Facebook still annoys me. And mostly when people look in a strange way to me if I say that I rarely use this Faceboo-think. And if you want to understand Raptor, then know that he likes this expression : "... don't belong to a respectable scheme, don't belong to the mainstream..."

I meant "this Facebook-thing".

#454 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Now i Sg fan,because me very liked this amazing sci fi series.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#455 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Well, raptor, it seems to me that you are too private of a person to enjoy facebook. You kinda have to let it all hang out, there. Remember, you are my little raptor who grew into the TU morale officer!! Baby steps!

*swings on trapeze*

Me like the new toy!!

Posted Image

#456 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Another expression that I like : "Don't believe the hype..."

#457 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LK8sxngSWaU

I'm not a hooligan!

There was a terrible accident here today. A school bus went off the road and rolled over. It was not kids from my town, but scary stuff...I haven't heard anything but that 14 kids went to the hospital.

Gotta do the dishes....

Posted Image

#458 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

Hi TU! I don't know how sci fi series me better watching.Maybe better will be relax and watching movie other genre,for example action movie or comedy? I just tired watching sci fi series and movies.

Weather in my city is most amazing: hot and very sunny,i very like this weather.I today listen on radio that my city on first top for dirty air,because in city have many factory and very many car's.
More about car's:In far district city have very many car's that of course happen big traffic jam.

Car's was release many gases in air,because in far city district very hard breath.I guess that dirty air-this is big problem on all Earth.This is really very big problem,because everyday in big city on earth was happen very many releases poison gases in air,some gases from cars most poison.I guess that factory must will be install filter for cleaning release gases.This is really very big problem for all country's in our world.If this don't making,in future our Earth will be dirty poison gases and oil waste.In present moment in my city working very many factory,which everyday release very many poison chemicals and gases,when this gas go in human body-this is can happen disease.
In mega city very hard breath,because air include very many chemicals elements and poison gase,some this elements very danger for your health,for example phenol very danger for health and even can will be cause dead,because this is very danger and most poison chemical matter.Other peoblem dirty air-this is oil factory,because oil parts can fall's in sea and river and in this water can die all fish and bird.This is big problem for ecology.Dirty water oil waste-this is big problem for all county's,because cleaning water from oil waste very long and for cleaning need very many moneys.I guess that this is global problem.Atom energy too very danger for ecology,for example in 26.april.1986 on four nuclear unit Chernobyl atom station was happen explosion,entire city,call Pripyat was evacuation,now this is ghost town.How you can see-atom energy too very danger for ecology and for nature.
But without energy we can't living,because in modern city very need energy,but need technology for cleaning poison gase from factory,build safety nuclear station and build factory for recycle oil waste.

Edited by Beast Boy, 17 April 2012 - 05:12 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#459 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Beasty, I have often wondered what the old "Eastern Block" countries are saying about Global Warming and the pollution that you are speaking of. We, here in America, have had the luxury of polluting the planet and have HUGE arguments in our government about how to handle waste and emissions. But we spent a century ignoring the problem. NOW, we point the finger at nations like China and Russia and say that we are 'better" because we are trying to control our pollution etc. Meanwhile, we probably produce enough garbage to create a whole new continent.

Sadly, just like the UN Millennium Project, now that our economy is a mess, any real progress in making the world a better place will take a back burner.

We had an "Oil Crisis" when I was a teenager in the 1970's. Cars were made that could get 35 mpg of gas...people started putting solar panels on their houses and the President said to "turn the heat down to 68ยบ and famously wore a sweater in the White House. All of that went away once the pain of the crisis was over. We built ridiculous cars and SUV's and Humvees became commonplace. Talk about ignorant behavior. Now gas is $4.05 a gallon and people blame our current administration. Well dummies, if we had conserved energy over the last 30 years and converted to solar and actually spent money on developing new energy sources maybe you wouldn't care about the price of gas??? It makes me crazy.

Coffee Pink2!!

#460 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'M BACK!!!!!!!! btw has anyone played this game?, it's :censored: scary!
http://www.delawares...ouncements.html
Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users