space noob question

6 replies to this topic

#1 ClarissaMoon

ClarissaMoon

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

What music would people on the enterprise listen to in 2012?

Legowelt - Gina fly to space

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Not sure... but welcome to TU!
Posted Image

#3 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

http://youtu.be/JcNfbomoQdo

Interesting question. What we hear of music on the TV shows is usually what would be "classics" to them from the 20th century like Riker's trombone jazz or the Holographic doctor's opera. In reality these would be in the minority and a future civilisation would have their own styles, perhaps even new instruments, scales and ways of listening to it - under-skin implanted speakers?

What do you think it would be? That cool track by Legowelt? Welcome to the forum.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#4 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

I love that Legowelt vid...

You know, that is the kind of question that makes me a fan of Star Trek. I always loved the art, costumes, music and design of the show. I think it is so fun to create futuristic stuff. AND...look at how influential it has become.

For some reason this made me think of that Wesley Crusher ep with the headset video game.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#5 ClarissaMoon

ClarissaMoon

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Interesting question. What we hear of music on the TV shows is usually what would be "classics" to them from the 20th century like Riker's trombone jazz or the Holographic doctor's opera. In reality these would be in the minority and a future civilisation would have their own styles, perhaps even new instruments, scales and ways of listening to it - under-skin implanted speakers?

What do you think it would be? That cool track by Legowelt? Welcome to the forum.

K

Good point. Certainly if we had the technology for space travel, we would have superior method's of listening to music rather than having a $20,000 sounds system installed on the main bridge. Although, I think that would be pretty cool.

#6 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Interesting electronic music.Unordinary,good and can say awesome.Me really very liked.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#7 StarBear

StarBear

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

http://youtu.be/JcNfbomoQdo

Yep, i think they would listen to that... i know i like it, i like it alot ! :thumbsup:
" I Dont suffer from Insanity, i enjoy every moment of it !!! "

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users