#1 Michael D. Garcia

Michael D. Garcia

Crewman

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Posted Image

Summary:
The crew of the starship Bellerophon investigate a distress call from a secretive science outpost on the fringes of Federation territory. When they arrive, only bodies and the wrecked remains of the outpost are found, and they're ordered to performed a standard investigation of the accident... under certain information restrictions imposed by the ship's captain.

But when they discover the result of the outpost's experiment, they realize that a brand new threat has been introduced to the United Federation of Planets, with only Bellerophon and her crew standing in the way...

---

Chapter 9 was just released. Head to Ad Astra to read the full story!

MDg

Edited by Michael D. Garcia, 08 August 2012 - 07:10 AM.

Michael D. Garcia
Ad Astra Archivist & Support Engineer, Ad Astra Star Trek Fanfiction Archive
Head Writer, Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead (part of United Trek!)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

I have been reading this (I've been remiss in reviewing on Ad Astra, ewps) -- the story captures a lot of the feel of the Doctor and the Dalleks, very metallic and soulless (the Dalleks, not the Doctor!). I don't know all the ins and outs of Doctor Who so I imagine I miss some of the nuances but the characterizations are spot on, so far as I can see.
Honk if you love silence.

Ordinary Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Posted Image

#3 Michael D. Garcia

Michael D. Garcia

Crewman

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

Thank you, jespah. :) And you should totally watch some Doctor Who! It's a great show (I've been watching since Tom Baker!)

MDg
Michael D. Garcia
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I've seen some. It always seems like (and I know this is true) that I'm coming into the middle of something. For a while there, the really, really old pre-Tom Baker ones were showing. Cybernauts! It looked a lot like very old, pre-Diana Rigg Avengers.
Honk if you love silence.

Ordinary Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Posted Image

#5 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Michael,me very like you fan fiction about Doctor who/Star trek crossover.Interesting fan fiction and i even don't fear say what that non faan fiction yet really story,writed professional and understand language.Me liked.
I of course watched "Doctor Who" but series 2005 year.You fan fiction maked on how story line series "Doctor Who"?
I mean have classic line "DW" and new line "Dw 2005 year"?

#6 Michael D. Garcia

Michael D. Garcia

Crewman

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

The story I wrote involves the Tenth Doctor, which is the new series. David Tennant's Doctor. :)

MDg
Michael D. Garcia
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thanks!Need will be watch new series "Doctor Who".

#8 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

I'm torn between two extremes here! As a rule I don't like crossovers because instead of the two franchises supporting each other they usually end up being written as a competition between the two, with one often being satirised. <sigh>

On the other hand...

I've been a Dr Who fan for years, dropping in and out of the franchise periodically, continually being surprised by the originality and scenery-chewing drama and the deliveries of the different doctors, each bringing to the role something different. Tom Baker was a "Doctor for his time" but then, so too was David Tennant - great actor!

Posted Image

What tips the scales though is that I have faith in your ability as a story-teller - ST Gibralter was beautiful work! - with a quick look over your story notes assuring me that you know your subject. Just the dramatis personae is enough to get me interested with its pre-Torchwood hints! I might copy a few chapters to my tablet to have a look-see on my commute to work - busy time for me at the moment though.

Cheers

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#9 Michael D. Garcia

Michael D. Garcia

Crewman

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

I happen to agree that Star Trek Gibraltar is an amazing fanfic series... unfortunately, I didn't write it! :) That was my partner-in-crime, Sam Redfeather, but I will pass on your kind words to him. He will greatly appreciate it. I write Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead, the lesser known stepchild in the United Trek family. :)

MDg
Michael D. Garcia
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

I happen to agree that Star Trek Gibraltar is an amazing fanfic series... unfortunately, I didn't write it! :) That was my partner-in-crime, Sam Redfeather, but I will pass on your kind words to him. He will greatly appreciate it. I write Star Trek: Full Speed Ahead, the lesser known stepchild in the United Trek family. :)

MDg

[Redface] oops! [/Redface]

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#11 Michael D. Garcia

Michael D. Garcia

Crewman

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Chapter 10 has now been posted at Ad Astra!

Enjoy!

MDg
Michael D. Garcia
Posted Image

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users