Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image

NovaTrek 5 - A Tale of Two Captains
by MD Bruffy

The crew of the Federal Starship Enterprise returns for their fifth outing, full of Romulan menace, Kirk family tensions and a great cliff-hanger ending! Click on the link to browse or download this pdf from the TrekUnited Issuu website. The first of a three part story arc within Nova Trek: Captain Janet Kirk must make a decision that could affect the fate of not just the Federal Union of Planets but the entire known galaxy! Who should she trust? The Romulan commander who offers to betray the Star Empire in the name of peace or the man from another reality who wears a face from her past. 72p. US Letter.

Click the cover graphic above to browse and download this latest offering on the Issuu webpage. For those of you who came in late, Madison's four other issues are...

Posted Image (TU Forum thread) 01: Gains And Losses ... and ... 02: Guardian's Child : Available as an omnibus edition with extra content.

Posted Image (TU Forum thread) 03: Assignment Yesterday

Posted Image (TU Forum thread) 04: Another Step Toward War

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 mdbruffy

mdbruffy

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

Okay, Here we go. Everything in the previous 4 books has been leading up to this story.By the time it's over, alliances will shift and the Alpha quadrant will never be the same. This is the longest, biggest story of the series in just about every way in terms of cast, scope, everything.
I hope everyone will try it and remember to leave a comment or two.

#3 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hey, it starts with a voiceover! :)

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#4 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

I read today this comics series online.Me liked,but sorry what only on "TOS"era.I want what next comics will be on "TNG" or on "Voy" era.In total this comics interesting.Me liked moment when to "Enterprise" was fly ship D-7.Will be wait release next chapters.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#5 mdbruffy

mdbruffy

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hey, it starts with a voiceover! :)

jespah, I try to keep the format of the books as close to an "episode" as I can. So each one starts with the "Voice Over", There are scene changes- breaks- where you'd almost expect to see commericals, and of course the closing credits.

I read today this comics series online.Me liked,but sorry what only on "TOS"era.I want what next comics will be on "TNG" or on "Voy" era.In total this comics interesting.Me liked moment when to "Enterprise" was fly ship D-7.Will be wait release next chapters.

Beast Boy, if you like ships, then stick around. You'll see more near the end of part2 and ALOT more in part 3.

#6 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

mdbruffy,you don't right me understand,i say what me don't liked story in "Tos" era.I liked only comics about 24 century.For example me very liked comics:"Elite force",because in this comics book have very many borg and Munro with hazard team personal must will be destroy borg cube and return on Earth.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#7 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

jespah, I try to keep the format of the books as close to an "episode" as I can. So each one starts with the "Voice Over", There are scene changes- breaks- where you'd almost expect to see commericals, and of course the closing credits....

I like that approach very much. It really shouldn't be action, action, action all the time. The reader gets exhausted. You do a fine job in building suspense, too.

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#8 mdbruffy

mdbruffy

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

I like that approach very much. It really shouldn't be action, action, action all the time. The reader gets exhausted. You do a fine job in building suspense, too.

You're right. Even if it were an actual novel, the reader needs points where they can stop and catch their breath once in awhile before things pick up again.

mdbruffy,you don't right me understand,i say what me don't liked story in "Tos" era.I liked only comics about 24 century.For example me very liked comics:"Elite force",because in this comics book have very many borg and Munro with hazard team personal must will be destroy borg cube and return on Earth.

Beast Boy, I think you're missing out on a lot. The 24th century wouldn't exist without the 23rd. But that's your choice.

Edited by mdbruffy, 27 January 2012 - 05:52 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users