Happy Birthday Bones!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

Title graphic for one of the short stories in the next edition of a Trekzine I do, Personal Logs (I'm late with that too!) I nearly erred on the side of getting the 'zine out quickly until I realised that it was DeForest Kelley's birthday! So here was something I did today...

Posted Image

I'll see what else I can find of Bones in fan productions. What are your favourite memories of McCoy?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

Browsing for a good music video to define Bones - I was looking for one I remember that was done to Queen's Don't Stop me Now - i found this gem who's singer is some unknown filker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1-676AM_M

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

Great stuff! I loved the episode with Yunada, where he got a chance to be a bit romantic. Kinda showed a side that I wish had emerged a bit more during the series.
Honk if you love silence.

Ordinary Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Posted Image

#4 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Good was actor,sorry what good people die.

#5 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

"If I jumped every time a light came on around here, I'd end up talking to myself."

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MULMbqQ9LJ8
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#6 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

"If I jumped every time a light came on around here, I'd end up talking to myself."

Yeah! ...and then in Voyager didn't the Holographic doctor do some of those? It was a classic meme. :thumbup:

K

Posted Image

#7 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Great stuff! I loved the episode with Yunada, where he got a chance to be a bit romantic. Kinda showed a side that I wish had emerged a bit more during the series.

McCoy was always a bit of a ladies man - Loved the bit where he turns up on the pleasure planet with the bunny girl on either arm! - this video is cute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5OWOadOoyk

Posted Image

#8 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

I've got to stop browsing these music videos! This one was so incredibly cute i couldn't resist passing it on! Great example of how unconnected clips can tell a story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWfApzuOzLU

... for more of these McCoy / Uhura videos have a look at the McHura website!

K

Posted Image

#9 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Ha, awesome!
Honk if you love silence.

Ordinary Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Posted Image

#10 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Title graphic for one of the short stories in the next edition of a Trekzine I do, Personal Logs (I'm late with that too!) I nearly erred on the side of getting the 'zine out quickly until I realised that it was DeForest Kelley's birthday! So here was something I did today...

Posted Image

I'll see what else I can find of Bones in fan productions. What are your favourite memories of McCoy?

K

Very nice sketch!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

I love McCoy as much as the next Trek Geek...so I wondered if anyone would mind a mystery-suspense story in Bones' honor.

Morgan "Bulldog" Bateson of the Legacy-Class U.S.S. Vonnegut (formerly of the Soyuz-Class U.S.S. Bozeman,) becomes implicated in a long-standing investigation by The Bureau Of Temporal Investigations...involving Dr. Leonard J. "Bones" McCoy in the late 24th Century (DS9/VOY Era).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Anyone interested in putting McCoy in a First Contact-era medical blue uniform as an EMH?

Source:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users