Will need a bit more info about this Ship you would like designed, like...
1) What size crew...
2) Is it a multipurpose, or mission specific ship ?
3) Is it a long duration, or short duration Ship, in otherwords, away from resupply, or near resupply ?
4) Does it need to have it own defences, and how many defences, just beam weapons or fire and forget torpedo's ?
5) Is it a Space only ship, or able to enter atmosphere ?
6) Is it a low tech, or high tech ship ?
7) What kind of Architecture, philosophy, and culture is it set in ?
8) Are the characters human or Alien ?
All these things need to be known to form a design, and these are just a few off the top of my head, there are many more, but these will do for now... any info background you can give us, will help...
OK I'm writing an original science fiction space opera. I have my mythology in place, I am character building on the ship and the next person I need to work on soon is the Engineer. This also means ship model and explaining my space ship. To me this is the hard part. But if any fan out there can walk me through basic structures on all ships, I'd appreciate the help.
I thought of this site because I was on the Save Enterprise Days, hosted a rally, and met amazing people. Most are probably gone now.
I'll give whoever helps a nod as design consultant for the ship. I just don't want to start saying 'tripod mast' and crack people up when I refer to a communication station. Stuff like that and ship schematics.
email me at email@example.com
Edited by StarBear, 18 January 2012 - 12:35 PM.