Photo

Help! Seeking someone who loved studying the ships designs, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 greta2242

greta2242

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

OK I'm writing an original science fiction space opera. I have my mythology in place, I am character building on the ship and the next person I need to work on soon is the Engineer. This also means ship model and explaining my space ship. To me this is the hard part. But if any fan out there can walk me through basic structures on all ships, I'd appreciate the help.

I thought of this site because I was on the Save Enterprise Days, hosted a rally, and met amazing people. Most are probably gone now.

I'll give whoever helps a nod as design consultant for the ship. I just don't want to start saying 'tripod mast' and crack people up when I refer to a communication station. Stuff like that and ship schematics.

email me at greta2242@aol.com

Edited by greta2242, 02 January 2012 - 08:54 AM.

Public Relations Department
Media Relations Division Member
Letters Division Member

Orlando Rally Co-coordinator
South Beach, Miami Co-Coodinator, May 2005
US South Atlantic Regional Co-Coodinator

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

Greta!! There are a few of us old timers still around...LOL!

There are also a few ship designer types...

Good luck!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 StarBear

StarBear

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Greetings,
Will need a bit more info about this Ship you would like designed, like...
1) What size crew...
2) Is it a multipurpose, or mission specific ship ?
3) Is it a long duration, or short duration Ship, in otherwords, away from resupply, or near resupply ?
4) Does it need to have it own defences, and how many defences, just beam weapons or fire and forget torpedo's ?
5) Is it a Space only ship, or able to enter atmosphere ?
6) Is it a low tech, or high tech ship ?
7) What kind of Architecture, philosophy, and culture is it set in ?
8) Are the characters human or Alien ?

All these things need to be known to form a design, and these are just a few off the top of my head, there are many more, but these will do for now... any info background you can give us, will help... :D

OK I'm writing an original science fiction space opera. I have my mythology in place, I am character building on the ship and the next person I need to work on soon is the Engineer. This also means ship model and explaining my space ship. To me this is the hard part. But if any fan out there can walk me through basic structures on all ships, I'd appreciate the help.

I thought of this site because I was on the Save Enterprise Days, hosted a rally, and met amazing people. Most are probably gone now.

I'll give whoever helps a nod as design consultant for the ship. I just don't want to start saying 'tripod mast' and crack people up when I refer to a communication station. Stuff like that and ship schematics.

email me at greta2242@aol.com

Edited by StarBear, 18 January 2012 - 12:35 PM.

" I Dont suffer from Insanity, i enjoy every moment of it !!! "

#4 Fan Producer

Fan Producer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Yes, I'd like to know a few ship designers too, especially if they have professional experience. Send me a PM if you're qualified.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users