Hello there!

22 replies to this topic

#1 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Olá pessoal! I'm TCyredanea, but you can call me Cy. I'm new to Star Trek (well, a year maybe) and I've only watched the movies, TOS, Enterprise, and Next Generation's first season.
I am Brazilian and here is really difficult to buy Star Trek DVDs. But I love what I've seen and I can say that, so far, Enterprise is my favorite.
Well, I'm 21, I'm a journalist and I love reading.
It is a pleasure to be here.
Um abraço a todos!
Cy

"Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ... (Ray Bradbury)"

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

Welcome aboard, Cy!

Have fun here!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Welcome Cy! Nice to have you here.:thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

Welcome, Cy! There is a major Star Trek Fan community in Brazil, particularly in Rio and Sao Paulo. I suspect if you connect with them, they can help you find Trek in Portuguese, if you like.

I am 56, and I watched Star Trek The Original Series first run. I half envy the fact that you have so much fresh Star Trek you can watch! I run a Star Trek Fan Film website, and in the interest of making you aware of some of what comes out of Brazil, here is the Portugese page: http://startrekrevie...009/06/224.html . With so much Pro Trek yet to watch, you are probably not yet ready to watch fan films, but these devoted Trek fans might be able to help you locate what you do want.

Most of the TV series can be watched on the web in English. I have links to where under my Professional "Star Trek on Television" section. http://startrekrevie...009/06/150.html

I mostly hang out in the Fan Productions forum, but if I can be of any help, let me know!

Edited by barbreader, 13 December 2011 - 10:57 PM.

Posted Image

#5 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Welcome, Cy! There is a major Star Trek Fan community in Brazil, particularly in Rio and Sao Paulo. I suspect if you connect with them, they can help you find Trek in Portuguese, if you like.

I am 56, and I watched Star Trek The Original Series first run. I half envy the fact that you have so much fresh Star Trek you can watch! I run a Star Trek Fan Film website, and in the interest of making you aware of some of what comes out of Brazil, here is the Portugese page: http://startrekrevie...009/06/224.html . With so much Pro Trek yet to watch, you are probably not yet ready to watch fan films, but these devoted Trek fans might be able to help you locate what you do want.

Most of the TV series can be watched on the web in English. I have links to where under my Professional "Star Trek on Television" section. http://startrekrevie...009/06/150.html

I mostly hang out in the Fan Productions forum, but if I can be of any help, let me know!

Olá, thanks a lot. Your website is very nice! I think my problem is not that I can't find Star Trek in Portuguese, and I don't mind watching in English (actually I think it is better to watch it in English), but it is the price. A Star Trek DVD is very expensive where I live (I live in Rio Grande do Sul, but I believe in São Paulo or Rio it must be cheaper). But I will certainly contact this community here and see how it goes!
Like you said, I think I'm not ready to watch fan productions, but I will be once I chatch up with everything (is this the right expression?)!!
Thanks a lot!
Cy

"Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ... (Ray Bradbury)"

#6 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

Olá, thanks a lot. Your website is very nice! I think my problem is not that I can't find Star Trek in Portuguese, and I don't mind watching in English (actually I think it is better to watch it in English), but it is the price. A Star Trek DVD is very expensive where I live (I live in Rio Grande do Sul, but I believe in São Paulo or Rio it must be cheaper). But I will certainly contact this community here and see how it goes!
Like you said, I think I'm not ready to watch fan productions, but I will be once I chatch up with everything (is this the right expression?)!!
Thanks a lot!
Cy

Yes, "catch up with everything" is a fine use of an English expression! Like I said, most of the Pro TV series can be watched on the web. I have links!
Posted Image

#7 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

Yes, "catch up with everything" is a fine use of an English expression! Like I said, most of the Pro TV series can be watched on the web. I have links!

Do you? Oh this is amazing!
I'm gonna go through your website once I'm done with college for the year (just one more week!), and I'll try and watch as much Star Trek as I can in this summer. I really like it, and I need all the links you guys know lol!
Thanks a lot for everything!
Cy

Edited by TCyredanea, 14 December 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#8 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

TC,welcome on TU,you how series Star Trek like? Me like DS9 and Voyager.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#9 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

TC,welcome on TU,you how series Star Trek like? Me like DS9 and Voyager.

Olá
Thanks!
Well, I like Enterprise. The problem is that I haven't seen DS9 and Voyager. Maybe after I watch them I'll change my mind. It is possible.

Edited by TCyredanea, 14 December 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#10 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

TC,Enterprise me too like.My favorite episodes this "broken bow" and "strange new world".You watch pilot episode "ENT"?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#11 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

TC,Enterprise me too like.My favorite episodes this "broken bow" and "strange new world".You watch pilot episode "ENT"?

Yes, I have! It is certainly very good! My favorite episodes are "Unexpected" and "Carbon Creek".

#12 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:15 AM

TC,you watch episode "ENT": "Seven" about one evil man,who capture T'Pol on ship on ice planet,but captain attack he.
After they find bio toxin.Seven want sale this danger item. This episode me very like.You too like or no?This season in two season series "Enterprise"."Shockwave" watch?This episode about time travel Archer in destroy 30 century.

Edited by Martok, 17 December 2011 - 03:16 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#13 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

TC,you watch episode "ENT": "Seven" about one evil man,who capture T'Pol on ship on ice planet,but captain attack he.
After they find bio toxin.Seven want sale this danger item. This episode me very like.You too like or no?This season in two season series "Enterprise"."Shockwave" watch?This episode about time travel Archer in destroy 30 century.

Yes, I have. It is a good episode. I like it, although I can't say it is one of my favorites. But I certainly like it too.
"Shockwave" is very good as well, but I think the first part was better than the second one. What do you think?

#14 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

Me like episode "Rogue planet"-this my favorite "Ent" episode. What do you think about this epic episode?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#15 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

Me like episode "Rogue planet"-this my favorite "Ent" episode. What do you think about this epic episode?

This is a very interesting episode, I agree. I love the use of Yeat's poem.

#16 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

TC,but 3 season this very epic and aaction episode in this series.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#17 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

It is epic, indeed. I agree.
And what do you think of Carbon Creek? It is one my favorite episodes. :tpol:

#18 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

Carbon creek-this my favorite episode too. It is awesome and excellent episode in season2.Me really like.Ent i watch all episodes and seasons early on tv channel.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#19 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

Carbon creek-this my favorite episode too. It is awesome and excellent episode in season2.Me really like.Ent i watch all episodes and seasons early on tv channel.

That's great! I love ENT. Now I'm watching Voyager. Janeway is great!

#20 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Congratulation,but best make pause because sci fi can hate.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users