The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

172 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

trekkin' encouraged me to create this topic even though I'm still new here (I hope I created it in the right place, if not, feel free to move it, of course). It's not my style to run into a forum and create topics on my first day, usually, but hey, we all do things that aren't our 'style' from time to time, right?

So... what can I say here... I am a HUGE fan of Sir Patrick Stewart. (Obviously.) And I have made it my biggest hobby and favorite pastime to keep track of what he's doing career-wise. So, if you have any Sir Patrick related questions or something, feel free to ask me any time. I'll try to answer them as best as I can. I know he's one of the most popular actors in the Trek fandom, and I'm often quite happy about the amount of love that many Trekkies seem to have for him and how enthusiastic they are about the character of Jean-Luc Picard. (I count myself in as well, up to a certain degree at least, although I separate actor and role completely in order to avoid... conflicts with myself, lol.)

Without much further ado, Imma just go ahead and post the latest bit of news that I have of him.

Next year = Olympic games in London. Which means the BBC does quite a few TV specials. (I don't exactly get what Shakespeare has to do with the Olympics, but what do I know? *lol*) And they have a Shakespeare special as well - and guess who's part of it? Yeeees. Sir Patrick plays John of Gaunt in the Richard II adaption. The BBC made a little trailer that can be seen here. (You have to scroll down a bit and forward the video a bit until you get to the Shakespeare part.)

If you don't want to watch the video, I made a screencap:

Posted Image

So, for those of you who want to see Sir Patrick on TV again in other stuff than American Dad (which I love, don't get me wrong!), this will be your chance. :thumbsup:

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

I hear his voice on many tv commercials here in the States.

I am happy that you started this thread!! Post Long and Prosper!!

:llap:
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

I hear his voice on many tv commercials here in the States.

I am happy that you started this thread!! Post Long and Prosper!!

Oh yes... the National Car Rental adverts (people are still outraged that he isn't doing adverts for Enterprise) and then there's a rather naughty orange juice advert and then there's a Moneysupermarket one I think although I don't know which one of these are UK or US adverts to be honest, but I always try to find them on Youtube so that I at least know what people are talking about...

#4 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

His arm muscles are like WOW! I love hearing him on Family Guy and other things always makes me excited :D
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are."

#5 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

His arm muscles are like WOW! I love hearing him on Family Guy and other things always makes me excited :D

I do admit that he looks rather fit for his age indeed. :naughty3dg: He works out a lot and generally keeps an eye on what he eats and all. Helps a lot, apparently.

Hehe yes the Family Guy voiceovers... "You'll get nothing and like it!"... or that baby whose thoughts he voices and no one seems to know just why, lol. Classic!

#6 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:15 AM

Sir Patrick spoke at the Cambridge Union on Wednesday - and, among other things, he talked about TNG. Here is a video in which he calls Guinan's hats "silly". How dare he! :devil2:

#7 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

I love him!

"Why would a real spaceman want to talk to a fake spaceman?"

Thanks for that!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#8 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

I love him!

"Why would a real spaceman want to talk to a fake spaceman?"

Thanks for that!!

You're welcome! Haha yes, that one cracked me up as well. But then, I actually understand that space station commander. My ex boyfriend became a pilot as well because of Jean-Luc Picard, so... Jean-Luc IS very inspirational. :thumbsup:

#9 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

A very interesting short old Generations interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9jhmvPrVc0

"I had no difficulty embracing the woman in my personality." "Patrick wanted to cross-dress."

Umm... go on, Gentlemen... please... this is fascinating... :naughty3dg:

#10 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

A very interesting short old Generations interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9jhmvPrVc0

"I had no difficulty embracing the woman in my personality." "Patrick wanted to cross-dress."

Umm... go on, Gentlemen... please... this is fascinating... :naughty3dg:

Mr Picard,thanks what upload this old interview from "Generations".Me very like watch interview Patrick Stewart.
Me as "Star Trek" fan really like watch this interview.If you find more information or video,please public in this topic.

I today find interview Patrick Stewart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLdmKXQytFo

This he's interview pre air series "TNG".I hope,what you this interview like.

Edited by Martok, 10 December 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#11 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

I know that interview, actually. It's on the TNG season 1 DVD extras, I believe. But thanks anyway! :)

#12 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Mr Picard,i do not watch on DVD special features because time do not was.But summer i watch special features to TNG(all seven special features to 7 seasons).

Edited by Martok, 10 December 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#13 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

Sir Patrick Stewart is a great actor. i wrote about him in a school essay. liked him in X men. love him in TNG. and also American Dad! Haven't seen anything else of his material,

#14 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

There's a lot of other stuff, but you did cover his "biggest" roles. These days people know him a lot better for playing Charles Xavier than Jean-Luc Picard. Which is weird for me somehow, lol.

#15 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image

Sir Patrick Stewart at the University of Huddersfield, where he gets a demonstration of what digital sculpturing can do. I WANT THAT SCULPTURE. RIGHT NOW. Seriously...! How awesome is this?

Edited by Mr. Picard, 12 December 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#16 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

Posted Image

Sir Patrick Stewart at the University of Huddersfield, where he gets a demonstration of what digital sculpturing can do. I WANT THAT SCULPTURE. RIGHT NOW. Seriously...! How awesome is this?

cool!

#17 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

This news really is awesome.!Me like.

#18 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

Yeah, it's really awesome. Too bad no one's had the idea of a "Sir Patrick Stewart sculpture mass production" yet, lol.

#19 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:34 AM

Mr Picard,if will be more news about Patrick Stewart or video interview,please upload in this theme.I with big pleasure watch or read information about this great actor.

Edited by Martok, 15 December 2011 - 04:34 AM.

#20 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

That's what this topic is for. ;) I update it whenever there are Sir Patrick-related news. Or new pictures. Or if I come across something particularly hilarious or interesting.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users