22 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hi folks,

some of you might know me from either Trekcore or TrekEmpire... I thought I'd register here as well and join the fun.

What can I say about myself? Well, my name's Alex, I'm 28 and I'm a huge fan of Sir Patrick Stewart. I run a Sir Patrick related Tumblr page and I've managed to open a Sir Patrick topic in pretty much every single forum I'm a member of. (Watch out, I might make one here as well at some point, heh.) I like to keep folks in touch with what he's currently up to.

Aside from being a 24/7 Sir Patrick fan, I also like Jean-Luc and Star Trek: TNG a lot. Okay, that's probably an understatement, but hey. I've been a TNG fan since 2002 (I know, not that long) and one of my biggest regrets is that I wasn't there in the late 80s/early 90s when TNG was at its peak. I mean I was there but I was not a Star Trek fan.

So, that's basically all there is to say for now.

I'm really not good at introductions... I tend to babble... or ramble... or whatever else so I'll just stop now. :upsidedown:

*raises hand* So. Hi!

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hellooo Alex!!

Welcome to TU....I also happen to know that you are friends with our dear TL....a good reference if there ever was one....

Stop by Ten Forward and have a drink or two...

Have fun here!!! And go for it with the Picard thread!! :buttrock:
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hello!!! And thanks! And - how did you know? *gapes* Ter and I are friends indeed! :thumbsup:

I shall check out the bar... I had a feeling I was going to end up there anyway at some point, lol. And I'll see what I can do about that Sir Patrick topic. I didn't want to run in and create topics like mad without even having introduced myself and made a few replies to a few topics, but maybe I should just do so...

#4 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Make it so....

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#5 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

Welcome to TU! I had the opportunity to see Sir Patrick Steward on Broadway a few years ago, and he was great. Welcome to the Trek fold. I'm afraid my Trek-watching dates back to the first run of TOS. I'm sure you'll connect to people here who share you enthusiasm!
Posted Image

#6 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Make it so....

Just did! I wasn't able to resist very long, lol. (Resistance was futile.)

Welcome to TU! I had the opportunity to see Sir Patrick Steward on Broadway a few years ago, and he was great. Welcome to the Trek fold. I'm afraid my Trek-watching dates back to the first run of TOS. I'm sure you'll connect to people here who share you enthusiasm!

Thank you!

Oh yes he's absolutely wonderful on stage. I've seen him three times on stage in the UK. (A bit closer to me than Broadway although seeing him on Broadway would be absolutely stunning as well!) My personal highlight was Waiting for Godot with Sir Ian McKellen. Both were so charming at the stage door afterwards!

TOS I love as well! Hehe. I wish I could've been there when it first aired. Although I have a feeling I would've been one of those who HATED the idea of TNG! :lol: (I'm not one who adjusts easily to overly drastic changes sometimes.)

#7 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Welcome a board Picard. i see what you like TNG series.DS9 and Voyager you too like or do not?
I hope what you here like.Enjoy on TU and live long and prosper.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#8 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Qapla' Martok!

I must admit I'm not really a Voyager fan (*trying to be diplomatic*) but Deep Space Nine is ok, really. It's not my favorite series and I didn't like a few aspects about it but I can see why so many fans like it. Absolutely.

#9 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Okay, you've covered all but ENT...

I see that you have started the Picard thread and I salute you!!

I love all of the shows...btw...I'm just that way. I have things that make me cringe...and stuff...but hey, Janeway rocks! Jadzia Dax made DS-9...Trip was the MAN...and well, TOS...I love it! NOW...for your TNG...I can't get enough of that bald head...

#10 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Qapla' Martok!

I must admit I'm not really a Voyager fan (*trying to be diplomatic*) but Deep Space Nine is ok, really. It's not my favorite series and I didn't like a few aspects about it but I can see why so many fans like it. Absolutely.

computer games Star Trek like or no? My like game this elite force one and two.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#11 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

Haha That's awesome! I love Stewart so much. :D Have fun here!
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are."

#12 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Okay, you've covered all but ENT...

I see that you have started the Picard thread and I salute you!!

I love all of the shows...btw...I'm just that way. I have things that make me cringe...and stuff...but hey, Janeway rocks! Jadzia Dax made DS-9...Trip was the MAN...and well, TOS...I love it! NOW...for your TNG...I can't get enough of that bald head...

I'm afraid I dislike Enterprise even more than Voyager. *ducks* But I have a lot of friends who like it, so, we DO manage to get along. :D I just tend to mostly stay away from Voyager or Enterprise discussions and everyone's happy. I mean there's plenty of TOS or TNG to discuss, after all!

Jadzia I like as well, by the way. I think there is one thing that DS9 did far better than TNG and that's the female main characters. Kira and Dax really were written well most of the time.

computer games Star Trek like or no? My like game this elite force one and two.

I'm an old school gamer, mostly, so, I don't particularly care for the newer games but do own a few of the older ones. The ones for which Sir Patrick provided Jean-Luc's voice, to be precise. I love Bridge Commander the most. I also have a soft spot for Starfleet Command III and the Borg missions. Elite Force II I liked as well but had to quit playing because I was too dumb to solve the puzzle in Engineering and the Enterprise-E blew up because of me and that made me so anxious that I stopped playing the game, lol. But I did love to sit under Jean-Luc's desk in his quarters during the Information Gathering missions! (I know, way to miss the point of the game...)

Haha That's awesome! I love Stewart so much. :D Have fun here!

Hehe it's never wrong to spread the Sir Patrick love! Thanks a lot!

#13 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

I too play in SC-3 but in game hard manual: ship every time fly in right or left side. Me very like legacy where can fight borg.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#14 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

I too play in SC-3 but in game hard manual: ship every time fly in right or left side. Me very like legacy where can fight borg.

To be honest I NEVER understood how to fly around Starfleet ships in Starfleet Command III - lol. (Another thing I'm apparently too dumb for. But I'm good at Mario games or shooting games, honestly!) That's why I always played as a Borg - it's not hard to navigate a Borg Cube because it looks the same from all sides and you can't really fly backwards or something, lol. And I loved assimilating planets and starships. (I can no longer play the game because my laptop won't play it anymore, long story of too many pictures on my laptop...)

Legacy I was never really interested in... only in some of the voice-overs. :upsidedown:

#15 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Welcome to TU, Mr Picard.
I see you have made yourself quite at home already.:thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#16 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

Welcome to TU, Mr Picard.
I see you have made yourself quite at home already.:thumbsup:

Thank you Bill! Yes. It looks nice and cozy here! ^_^

#17 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

...Elite Force II I liked as well but had to quit playing because I was too dumb to solve the puzzle in Engineering and the Enterprise-E blew up because of me and that made me so anxious that I stopped playing the game, lol. But I did love to sit under Jean-Luc's desk in his quarters during the Information Gathering missions! (I know, way to miss the point of the game...)...

Hmmm let's see... ex Elite Force II gamer... likes Jean Luc voice overs... and the Borg... yup, [ticks all the boxes] I've got just the thing for you!...

Posted Image

Have fun!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#18 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

*checks out website* I like Jean-Luc's goatee. Nice idea! He looks even better with it. *pokes him* But - give that poor half-naked woman there something to wear! :upsidedown:

#19 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

Welcome aboard, Mr Picard. :wave:

I'm an old school gamer, mostly, so, I don't particularly care for the newer games but do own a few of the older ones. The ones for which Sir Patrick provided Jean-Luc's voice, to be precise. I love Bridge Commander the most. I also have a soft spot for Starfleet Command III and the Borg missions. Elite Force II I liked as well but had to quit playing because I was too dumb to solve the puzzle in Engineering and the Enterprise-E blew up because of me and that made me so anxious that I stopped playing the game, lol. But I did love to sit under Jean-Luc's desk in his quarters during the Information Gathering missions! (I know, way to miss the point of the game...)

I enjoyed Elite Force I and II. Never did get into Bridge Commander.

To be honest I NEVER understood how to fly around Starfleet ships in Starfleet Command III - lol. (Another thing I'm apparently too dumb for. But I'm good at Mario games or shooting games, honestly!) That's why I always played as a Borg - it's not hard to navigate a Borg Cube because it looks the same from all sides and you can't really fly backwards or something, lol. And I loved assimilating planets and starships. (I can no longer play the game because my laptop won't play it anymore, long story of too many pictures on my laptop...)

Legacy I was never really interested in... only in some of the voice-overs. :upsidedown:

Save the pictures to an external hard drive or DVD.

I loved Legacy.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#20 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

Welcome aboard, Mr Picard. :wave:

I enjoyed Elite Force I and II. Never did get into Bridge Commander.

Save the pictures to an external hard drive or DVD.

I loved Legacy.

Thanks Elf! Oh I have done that already AND deleted about half of the pics from the laptop after saving them elsewhere, but the laptop still won't run the game. It's from 2002, has never seen any updates and is very slow in general, I guess it's just being a grumpy old laptop, lol. It still plays Bridge Commander at least, which is currently enough for me, given the fact that I rarely have time to play games in the first place.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users