Possibly a silly question..

8 replies to this topic

#1 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

When I go to the Welcome Center it says "You can also find links back to the Home Page, Chat Room, Member Blogs or Member Gallery at the top of the page."

Am I over looking the chat room somewhere?
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are."

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

Well ive been looking around here and i havent found it either. strange thing cause i read the same thing you did. i mean you would think in a place like this there would be a chat room of some sort. so i guess i have the same question "where's the chat room?"

#3 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Well ive been looking around here and i havent found it either. strange thing cause i read the same thing you did. i mean you would think in a place like this there would be a chat room of some sort. so i guess i have the same question "where's the chat room?"

I'm thinking they use the forum Ten Forward as a sorta Forum Chat but I hope they will have a Chat Room some time. :) It'd be cool.

#4 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

There was one. . . then I think there wasn't. . . then I think there was again not too long ago. . . but now I think it's gone again. . . though, I could be wrong. :lol: If I find out it's hiding somewhere, I will let you both know. :thumbsup:
Help make Pauline America's Next Author! http://www.ebookmall...hor/pauline-mac

Posted Image

#5 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

haha Thank you!

#6 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

I need to adjust that. When I update the forum to the latest version it will have a chatroom again.

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#7 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

I need to adjust that. When I update the forum to the latest version it will have a chatroom again.

Oh sure...nice simple answer...I'm still posting my answer after this...

Hi Tom!!

There is an on-line chat room device on this forum. It is used for special events (Live chats with VIP's) and such. The activity on the forum is slow and honestly...it falls under if you want to do it, you have to make it happen...Contact Bill or Tom or Sevnson_71.

We do use Ten Forward as a socializing page...as well as The Countdown...(That was the more feisty and quicker thread...mostly abandoned now...sad...very sad....) there is also "The Cute Thread" which is the Connor Trinneer thread in the ENT section.

TU was originally made as a movement to save the show...We did fund raising and events and so forth to persuade the network to continue the show...or trek of any kind. Once the grim reality set in that there was no hope, we tried to reformat it as a fan friendly site with a strong fan fic section and some fun things to do. It is an evolving place. Whatever ideas you may have to help the forum out, let people know...It could happen!! That is how we started the Ten Forward section. We worked out a scenario and one member took the bull by the horns (Terilynn) and wrote the intro to the first thread. It has been tooling along ever since.

Personally, I would like to see a game or something that we could participate in like they have on facebook...but who can do that?? Here is a link that might explain a lot!!

http://www.trekunite...=1
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#8 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Oh sure...nice simple answer...I'm still posting my answer after this...

Hi Tom!!

There is an on-line chat room device on this forum. It is used for special events (Live chats with VIP's) and such. The activity on the forum is slow and honestly...it falls under if you want to do it, you have to make it happen...Contact Bill or Tom or Sevnson_71.

We do use Ten Forward as a socializing page...as well as The Countdown...(That was the more feisty and quicker thread...mostly abandoned now...sad...very sad....) there is also "The Cute Thread" which is the Connor Trinneer thread in the ENT section.

TU was originally made as a movement to save the show...We did fund raising and events and so forth to persuade the network to continue the show...or trek of any kind. Once the grim reality set in that there was no hope, we tried to reformat it as a fan friendly site with a strong fan fic section and some fun things to do. It is an evolving place. Whatever ideas you may have to help the forum out, let people know...It could happen!! That is how we started the Ten Forward section. We worked out a scenario and one member took the bull by the horns (Terilynn) and wrote the intro to the first thread. It has been tooling along ever since.

Personally, I would like to see a game or something that we could participate in like they have on facebook...but who can do that?? Here is a link that might explain a lot!!

http://www.trekunite...=1

I have noticed that this site and TrekSpace and all the other Star Trek sites have slowed down a lot. I was thinking TrekSpace it would pick up again when the new movie came out but I forgot that "new" movie was back in 2009.. LOL.
I am a member of- DA. And it host a lot of Star Trek fans, and a lot of new fans from the new movie. I could possibly ask the moderators of the clubs if they would give a shout out to the members in a journal of this site and others. We could also email the old users here and ask them back to Trek United and try to get this place back and moving. A game of some sort would be nice... I wonder - what sort of game?

#9 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm thinking Space Invaders, NO...Asteroids.... but that is just me. You know, we lost a lot of folks to ST Online...it has the best of both worlds...

Did you read that thread? It is a nice history of this place from that date on. I have been trying to get someone to write and official history of TU for a bit...not very wholeheartedly...though. It would have to be done by someone who has been around the entire time. I bailed for about a year due to limited internet access...so...2006 and 2007 are spotty for me.

Whatever you can do to help out is probably appreciated!

I think that the folks who have moved on are gone for good...for the most part. A bulk e-mail might be a good thing...perhaps once more details about the newest movie come out...or for New Years or when Tom gives TU a tune up...as he mentioned above.

Why have you not been to Ten Forward?? Come and have a drink. I suggest reading the first post of each or some of the Ten Forward threads to get the idea of what is going on there. It used to be more role play-like...I would love to see that happen more.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users