Save Enterprise series?

6 replies to this topic

#1 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Since i joined Trek United i have been reading alot about the Save Enterprise Campaign and alot of those posts are from 2 years ago. I have also read that there might be a possible new series on tv 1 -3 years from those 2009 posts. I was just wandering if nyone had ny current info on the Save Enterprise Campaign. is CBS doing nything about it? will the next series to come out on tv be a continuation and bring us fans closure to all the things left undone in season 4. any info nyone could provide would be appreciated.

thanx, Steven

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Don't know if I've heard any rumors recently. I gotta tell you, Steven...there are folks here who did just about everything they possibly could to Save Enterprise. I think the best we'll get is a new movie and maybe a series about that timeline....???
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Since i joined Trek United i have been reading alot about the Save Enterprise Campaign and alot of those posts are from 2 years ago. I have also read that there might be a possible new series on tv 1 -3 years from those 2009 posts. I was just wandering if nyone had ny current info on the Save Enterprise Campaign. is CBS doing nything about it? will the next series to come out on tv be a continuation and bring us fans closure to all the things left undone in season 4. any info nyone could provide would be appreciated.

thanx, Steven

Hi Jonathan

I and and others still send snail mail and email on occasion, in 2009 CBS disconected a phone # I had posted on my web site for call in support, so I found a new one and posted it up, there has not been any positive feedback from CBS or Paramount, there have been rumors about Trek on TV since 2008 with folks like Singer and Fuller with there own Ideas, one writer has even pitched an animated series, A fan even started an idea call Trek Reanimated where he was going to take an episode of the classic animation and redo graphics with 3d, his samples were very good dont know if he ever got it done, (as animation on tv is popular now) JJ Abrams name has been rumored to do a TV series but He has never denied or confirmed it as far as I know.

The next TV series could be about anything at this point and could be years away, as the poor economy has scared off many series on tv not just scifi.

I fear that in a feeble attempt to draw in new fans CBS may do something toally different, which could flop, this is why it is so important for ALL Trek Fans to write in what they would like to see!

The best Trek fans can do is to keep sending in letters and phone calls letting CBS know what they want, since I would love to see more Enterprise I and others continue to ask for its return.

What will we get? Who Knows but if we dont ask for something, we for sure will not get it, but if we ask there is a possibility it could happen.

So much time has past I doubt we would get all the origanal actors back, but I would view it as a succsess if we got half of them back, with the story continuing as it left off, NOT WITH THE SERIES FINALLY!!! But with the last few episodes delving into the forming of the Federation and eventually into the Romulan Wars. Manny Coto had a GREAT Season 5 planned, I would love to see it happen!

Later Bruce
Here is a site with Current Campaign Info and what U can do to help http://www.freewebs.com/stenterprise/

#4 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

Thanx Bruce

#5 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hey, Bruce! Good to see you!

Okay, one of the things I have been mulling over recently is how to let TPTB know that we still want more seasons of Enterprise.

Since technology has grown since Enterprise was first cancelled, we have a new tool. Twitter.

Over at The Delphic Expanse they have been running a campaign on Twitter to keep the books going at least. I ran with that, and this is what I came up with.

Trending #startrekenterprise #startrekprofic RT if you wantto see/read more #scottbakular as #CaptainArcher
Trending #startrekenterprise #startrekprofic RT if you wantto see/read more #ConnorTrinneer as #CommanderTucker
Trending #startrekenterprise #startrekprofic RT if you wantto see/read more about #TheRomulanWar

ect. ect. ect...

Plus, whenever I watch Enterprise, usually with Tish, we tweet something. Eg:

You made a damn good father. You were a damn good son. Sim and Phlox #startrekenterprise #similitude unforgettable moments.

Using the # tags is a way to go, the only issue is getting enough fans to make this trend. A few hundred tweets in a week won't work, they really have to be in the hundreds in a day to get this to trend.

Anyhoo, just my 2cent worth.

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#6 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

That's a good 2 cents, pauline!!!!! :thumbsup:
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#7 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

Save Enterprise officially closed some time ago. We had tried pretty much every possible idea to get it back, and the few people still interested in the cause were burnt out (myself included). If I'm being totally honest, I think any chance of getting Enterprise back is now past, but that said, I won't discourage anyone from continuing to try. You can still send letters and emails to CBS, and supporting fan productions (like Pauline and Allee's S5) might create some buzz. *Shrug.* You never know.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users