New Here. :)

16 replies to this topic

#1 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

Hi everyone! My name is Nik and found this site through TrekSpace.
I'm 19 and I am currently living in Oregon for the past few months. I am from Oklahoma though.
I enjoy biking, hiking, WWII history.. any history, Star Trek ofcourse and art.

I am going to college but at the moment I do not know what my major will be. Possibly something to do with languages and government.

My Star Trek history is sorta humorous. My father would watch Star Trek TOS every time it came on our small 5 channel tv since I could remember. Every time it came on I'd give him hell about it. Every. Single. Time. I made fun of it constantly and never gave it a chance. I practice art and ran across a photo of Captain Kirk in his chair and decided to draw him for a strange reason ( Ok.. because he was hot.) After I drew him.. I wanted to draw him again.. so I did.. and again.. and again. After a while I decided to look up other members of the crew and came across a photo of Spock and Kirk in the episode 'Patterns of Force'. Since I love Nazi history I decided to watch the episode secretly. I was possibly 15 at the time. After the episode Patterns of Force I was hooked. I watched the show secretly every morning before my father got up. I'd watch it until around 6:00am and then hide off to my room. I became obsessed with it but I tried to hide it from my father and my highschool friends. My friend was the first to find out, and she gave me hell like I did to my father. My father was next to find out. I was watching an episode after school when my father got home early..and walked through the front door and saw watch I was watching. His reaction: Pissed! And Excited.. To watch it together.

He got me into TNG and VOY but I moved to Oregon before I saw the other series with him.

I now live with my boyfriend which I have turned him onto Star Trek and he LOVES it.
His favorite characters are Spock and Data.
Mine being Kirk and Lwaxana Troi and Hugh

I am currently contemplating ideas for a Star Trek Tarot Deck and a Star Trek card/board game.
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are."

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hiya Nik, and welcome!

I'm one of the ficcers here.

I spent part of my honeymoon (we traveled down the West Coast) in Portland. That was in, eek, 1992 (your birth year, I believe). :)

Have you watched Storm Front? That's got some revisionist WWII history going on.

Come to Ten Forward! We have drinks and snacks and music and I think this current bar has no name.

Honk if you love silence.

Author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

banner-ezri.jpg

#3 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hey! Oregon is defiantly taking some getting used to weather wise but I really like it here. :)
Storm Front, The website? I have heard of the website but not of the show.
Thanks so much. :)

#4 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hi Nik!!

Welcome to TU!!

I think Jes is referring to this

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=voSjJM6I8Gk

ENT has some real hotties as well....*cough* Trip *cough*

Anyhoo...Have fun here!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#5 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Hi, Nik, welcome aboard! Glad to see someone your age starting off with TOS and actually loving it. :clap: Kudos for recruiting the boyfriend as well! :thumbsup:

Good to have you here, hope to run into you over in TenForward some time.

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#6 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Welcome to TU! I was between Trek when I was 19... it was 1974, and I'd watched TOS live first run but was not (and am still not) a rerun person, and the first movie was years in the future. It's always wonderful to meet a young person who can enjoy something so weirdly out of date... yet so predictive. Captain Kirk's communicator seems like a very simple device to a young newbie... yet nothing like it existed at the time. So much of what was the 'fiction' in that Science Fiction is fiction no more... But, then, that's why it's Star Trek. That's why we love it. That's why some guy at Occupy Wall Street was carrying a sign that said, "I can't wait until the Vulcans come!".
Posted Image

#7 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'm 19 and I am currently living in Oregon for the past few months. I am from Oklahoma though.

I am going to college but at the moment I do not know what my major will be. Possibly something to do with languages and government.

My Star Trek history is sorta humorous. My father would watch Star Trek TOS every time it came on our small 5 channel tv since I could remember. Every time it came on I'd give him hell about it. Every. Single. Time. I made fun of it constantly and never gave it a chance. I practice art and ran across a photo of Captain Kirk in his chair and decided to draw him for a strange reason ( Ok.. because he was hot.) After I drew him.. I wanted to draw him again.. so I did.. and again.. and again. After a while I decided to look up other members of the crew and came across a photo of Spock and Kirk in the episode 'Patterns of Force'. Since I love Nazi history I decided to watch the episode secretly. I was possibly 15 at the time. After the episode Patterns of Force I was hooked. I watched the show secretly every morning before my father got up. I'd watch it until around 6:00am and then hide off to my room. I became obsessed with it but I tried to hide it from my father and my highschool friends. My friend was the first to find out, and she gave me hell like I did to my father. My father was next to find out. I was watching an episode after school when my father got home early..and walked through the front door and saw watch I was watching. His reaction: Pissed! And Excited.. To watch it together.

He got me into TNG and VOY but I moved to Oregon before I saw the other series with him.

I now live with my boyfriend which I have turned him onto Star Trek and he LOVES it.
His favorite characters are Spock and Data.
Mine being Kirk and Lwaxana Troi and Hugh

I am currently contemplating ideas for a Star Trek Tarot Deck and a Star Trek card/board game.

Greetings Nik,

Welcome to TU!! I usually get harrassed at work myself for liking Star Trek, i mean its like were a bunch of nerds in high school getn picked on by the bullies. but i say letm pick idc I love Star Trek and that's it!! i love all the shows and movies. My favorite character is Topal the vulcan scientist from the Enterprise series that got canceled, man i hated that it should have went to season 7. Glad to have you here and hope to see you around the galaxy!!
Steven

#8 jespah

jespah

• Global Moderators
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Yep, I mean the ENT episode (it's a 2-parter), called Storm Front.

Eek, I turned 19 in 1981.

banner-ezri.jpg

#9 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Wow...you are OLD, Jes!! I was only 16... :innocent:
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#10 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, don't want to think how old I was!

Welcome to TU, Nik! Posted Image Hope you enjoy your time here.

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#11 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hi Nik!!

Welcome to TU!!

I think Jes is referring to this

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=voSjJM6I8Gk

ENT has some real hotties as well....*cough* Trip *cough*

Anyhoo...Have fun here!!

Oh I see! I never got far enough to watch Enterprise! Thank you!

Hi, Nik, welcome aboard! Glad to see someone your age starting off with TOS and actually loving it. :clap: Kudos for recruiting the boyfriend as well! :thumbsup:

Good to have you here, hope to run into you over in TenForward some time.

Thank you so much!

Welcome to TU! I was between Trek when I was 19... it was 1974, and I'd watched TOS live first run but was not (and am still not) a rerun person, and the first movie was years in the future. It's always wonderful to meet a young person who can enjoy something so weirdly out of date... yet so predictive. Captain Kirk's communicator seems like a very simple device to a young newbie... yet nothing like it existed at the time. So much of what was the 'fiction' in that Science Fiction is fiction no more... But, then, that's why it's Star Trek. That's why we love it. That's why some guy at Occupy Wall Street was carrying a sign that said, "I can't wait until the Vulcans come!".

Haha the WallStree sign thing is awesome! And yes it's so awesome to see that what they had back then is now really here and gives us hope for the other things that still is not here yet.. :)

Greetings Nik,

Welcome to TU!! I usually get harrassed at work myself for liking Star Trek, i mean its like were a bunch of nerds in high school getn picked on by the bullies. but i say letm pick idc I love Star Trek and that's it!! i love all the shows and movies. My favorite character is Topal the vulcan scientist from the Enterprise series that got canceled, man i hated that it should have went to season 7. Glad to have you here and hope to see you around the galaxy!!
Steven

Hey Steven! I get harassed at work too for liking Star Trek and it's by a woman who looks just like Tasha Yar ( Same hair cut and everything.. and same attitude. )
In school I was the weird one but it was a small school so noone was ever bullied thank goodness. It sucks when your favorite tv shows get canceled, I always felt lost after I watched all of TNG. haha

Thanks so much!

Thanks everyone!!!

#12 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

Welcome on TU,you here like. You play in game elite force one and two?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#13 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Welcome to TU , Nik! :thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#14 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

I am going to college but at the moment I do not know what my major will be. Possibly something to do with languages and government....

Hi Nik! From TrekSpace? Perhaps you might have seen THIS? There's still one day left!

Don't worry if you miss this one though, I'm hoping to keep a bimonthly schedule next year so, if you've got something you'd like to share we should be open for submissions at the end of January for issue 3. A Trek Tarot sounds interesting, how about Beverly as The Empress? I published a Klingon game board and pieces one time, but they are much better with 3D game pieces.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#15 jespah

jespah

• Global Moderators
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

Plots revenge on trekkin' ...

banner-ezri.jpg

#16 NikSte

NikSte

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hi Nik! From TrekSpace? Perhaps you might have seen THIS? There's still one day left!

Don't worry if you miss this one though, I'm hoping to keep a bimonthly schedule next year so, if you've got something you'd like to share we should be open for submissions at the end of January for issue 3. A Trek Tarot sounds interesting, how about Beverly as The Empress? I published a Klingon game board and pieces one time, but they are much better with 3D game pieces.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

K

Yes I have seen that! I was wanting to join in and submit my art but my laptop died with everything with it! haha.. Now my tablet won't work on this new laptop but my boyfriends tablet will and I still have to get used to it. I will get art up by next year and keep practicing with the new tablet so I can be ready for issue 3. ;)

Yes I been pondering about the Star Trek Tarot. I am not sure whether to make it just a TNG tarot or ALL Star Trek tarot. I would need help on it if it covered every series though.

That is awesome that you got a game out! How exciting is that! I want mine to be some sort of adventure where there is less ship battles and more exploration and more diplomatic stuff in the game.

What I really want to do with my art is design peoples Star Trek characters they have for them. I know some people play in Role Play Emails or just have their own character but I don't know really how to contact them.

Welcome on TU,you here like. You play in game elite force one and two?

Hi! Sadly I have not have had a chance to play these games yet. I will look into them though, thank you! :)

#17 Isabella Grace

Isabella Grace

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hello and welcome!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users