4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

YES IT'S FINALLY HERE

No introductions necessary...

http://youtu.be/-DZEcKM33YY
Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

So has anyone gotten the sampler disk? I did and my thoughts of it are that it is just breath-taking! Like seriously, there's so much there that we just never saw before! The production quality to TNG was much higher than it ever appeared and it's really mind-boggling! But yeah, if you got the disk, what are your thoughts on it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

I certainly looks stunning, that's for sure.

And yet I still think it wasn't exactly necessary to do this. (TNG in HD, I mean.)

#4 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

In most remastering cases I'd agree, but there is such a noticeable difference in the quality between the DVD versions and the HD versions that I have to say I'm sold. Fortunately, I held off all these years on buying the DVDs, so it's definitely gonna go to the blu-rays!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Mr. Picard

Mr. Picard

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

I do have to admit that Jean-Luc in HD looks even better than Jean-Luc in non-HD. If that's even possible. ;-) I have no idea what exactly they did to make it look so different. I still don't really think it was necessary, but now that they've done it, it's time for me to glance at as much Jean-Luc in HD as possible. /shallow me can be shallow

Edited by Mr. Picard, 03 March 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#6 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

What they did was pretty simple. See back in the eighties, TNG was shot on film but then was transferred to analog (basically your old VCR player type equipment) and then edited via analog and some of the special effects were done via analog. The problem is that analog washes out like half the details and does a lot of blurring. So all they've done now, is just rescan the negatives and skip the analog all together and as film is of a higher resolution than digital most times, we then have the HD TNG!

And then for being necessary, not much in life really is, or at least when it comes to entertainment. So why does anyone do something like that? Cause it's cool I guess, fun, gives them a challenge. Oh and it's one more way to bring in revenue on an already produced product... :D

Edited by Darkwing, 03 March 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Guest_haakdaar_*

Guest_haakdaar_*

• Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

HD it self means high definition includes all new advance features missed in normal system.It seems every thing looks extraordinary good.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users