17 replies to this topic

#1 AudreyTucker

AudreyTucker

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hello everyone.
I wanted to pass along this message to my fellow Star Trek: Enterprise fans.

I was wondering if you could see it clear to send thoughts & prayers of healing my way.
On 10/22/11, I was diagnosed with Melanoma tumors in my brain. I had been suffering from severe headaches from 10/13/11 to about 10/24/11. I went to the emergency room on 10/22 and a CT scan was done on my head which showed the tumors.

I was then admitted to the hospital. I had other scans (MRI, PET & bone) which came back negative for cancer. I then went through a craniotomy (harvesting tissue from my brain to determine what type of tumor is in my brain (which turns out to be melanoma). I was informed by my oncologist that Melanoma is NOT curable but treatable.He also stated that melanoma doesn't always respond favorably to treatment. I have been out of work since 10/13/11and do not know if and when I'll be able to return to work. I am currently on short term disability and will apply for long term disability this week because my doctors do not want me to work or drive for they fear I may take to seizures and have an accident. I was released from the hospital on 11/3/11. My mother is staying with me taking great care of me. My sister and her husband have been taking turns taking me to my appointments. My whole family has been phoenominal through this. My brother and his family are traveling down from Ohio on Thursday, 11/17/11 for a visit until Saturday, 11/19/11. I can't wait to see them!

My headaches are under control with steroid medication to keep the swelling down in my brain. I am also going through radiation treatments Monday through Friday. I have 4 more treatments and should know in 4-6 weeks if the treatments have been effective or not. If not, I will have to go through chemo and perhaps immuno treatments. Neither of which are pleasant to go through.

I was also diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic on 10/19/11. With what I'm going through right now. I don't intend to allow this to beat me.

Well, I am feeling a bit tired which is a side effect of the radiation treatments. I will post again soon.

Much love to everyone!

Sincerely,

Audrey

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hi Audrey, that is a tough story, glad you have such a positive outlook.:thumbsup:

Please remember you have a great support group here at TU to help where we can.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi Audrey, good to see you back - wish it were under better circumstances, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out well for you. My mother was diagnosed with a meningioma tumor (not the same, I know) several years ago, that was being fed by a major artery in the brain. Luckily her surgeon was able to remove it without complications. My point being, there are so many advances in medicine occurring all the time so don't lose your positive attitude no matter how difficult the treatment process may be. :hug: Please stop by, again, whenever you feel up to it and let us know how you are doing.
Help make Pauline America's Next Author! http://www.ebookmall...hor/pauline-mac

Posted Image

#4 AudreyTucker

AudreyTucker

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

Hi Audrey, good to see you back - wish it were under better circumstances, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out well for you. My mother was diagnosed with a meningioma tumor (not the same, I know) several years ago, that was being fed by a major artery in the brain. Luckily her surgeon was able to remove it without complications. My point being, there are so many advances in medicine occurring all the time so don't lose your positive attitude no matter how difficult the treatment process may be. :hug: Please stop by, again, whenever you feel up to it and let us know how you are doing.

I will stop by from time to time to let you know how things are going. Right now, I'm going through radiation treatments in an attempt to shrink the tumors. I've been told that the tumors are inoperable due to their locations. But, I don't intend to let it get me down or beat me into submission. I am currently not allowed to work or drive (indefinitely). I am on short term disability and have been advised to apply for long term disability.
It is my hope that I will be able to attend a Star Trek function to meet as many of the Star Trek: Enterprise cast members I can. I have not yet had the honor or privilege and it is my fondest desire.

Well, I need to close now.

I will be in touch.

Much love to all,

Audrey

#5 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:24 AM

Wow! That is an incredibly tough challenge! You're showing a fantastic attitude though - keep it up! We'll be thinking of you.

Kirok of L'Stok

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#6 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:35 AM

AndreyTucker congratulation with return on forum.I read what you write in this theme this really very bad. This disease is incurable.

Edited by Martok, 15 November 2011 - 04:36 AM.

#7 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

Audrey! I admire your attitude and courage as you face the challenges ahead! You know where to come when you need support. Keep us informed when you can.

Take care!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#8 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Audrey, you have a great attitude towards this. I will be thinking of you.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#9 AudreyTucker

AudreyTucker

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

Hello everyone.
I wanted to pass along this message to my fellow Star Trek: Enterprise fans.

I was wondering if you could see it clear to send thoughts & prayers of healing my way.
On 10/22/11, I was diagnosed with Melanoma tumors in my brain. I had been suffering from severe headaches from 10/13/11 to about 10/24/11. I went to the emergency room on 10/22 and a CT scan was done on my head which showed the tumors.

I was then admitted to the hospital. I had other scans (MRI, PET & bone) which came back negative for cancer. I then went through a craniotomy (harvesting tissue from my brain to determine what type of tumor is in my brain (which turns out to be melanoma). I was informed by my oncologist that Melanoma is NOT curable but treatable.He also stated that melanoma doesn't always respond favorably to treatment. I have been out of work since 10/13/11and do not know if and when I'll be able to return to work. I am currently on short term disability and will apply for long term disability this week because my doctors do not want me to work or drive for they fear I may take to seizures and have an accident. I was released from the hospital on 11/3/11. My mother is staying with me taking great care of me. My sister and her husband have been taking turns taking me to my appointments. My whole family has been phoenominal through this. My brother and his family are traveling down from Ohio on Thursday, 11/17/11 for a visit until Saturday, 11/19/11. I can't wait to see them!

My headaches are under control with steroid medication to keep the swelling down in my brain. I am also going through radiation treatments Monday through Friday. I have 4 more treatments and should know in 4-6 weeks if the treatments have been effective or not. If not, I will have to go through chemo and perhaps immuno treatments. Neither of which are pleasant to go through.

I was also diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic on 10/19/11. With what I'm going through right now. I don't intend to allow this to beat me.

Well, I am feeling a bit tired which is a side effect of the radiation treatments. I will post again soon.

Much love to everyone!

Sincerely,

Audrey

I have completed my radiation treatments on 11/18/11 and my radiation oncologist wants to see me in a month for a follow-up. My oncologist will inform me whether or not I need other treatments to treat this melanoma. He has mentioned interfuron to boost my immune system and chemo. I have a mole on my scalp that wil be removed on 12/6/11. Will let you know how that goes. Well, everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Audrey

#10 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

All the best to you, Audrey!

Honk if you love silence.

Ordinary Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Posted Image

#11 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

Agree with Jespah,too wish all best you,Andrey.

#12 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

This is bad news Audrey, hope and possitive thinking is most important when sick and you are already doing that beautifully. There is not much one can write so.

Hang in there.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#13 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

I have completed my radiation treatments on 11/18/11 and my radiation oncologist wants to see me in a month for a follow-up. My oncologist will inform me whether or not I need other treatments to treat this melanoma. He has mentioned interfuron to boost my immune system and chemo. I have a mole on my scalp that wil be removed on 12/6/11. Will let you know how that goes. Well, everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Audrey

Well, at least that's one hurdle jumped over! I hope the results turn out better than expected.

Take care, and you also have a peaceful Thanksgiving!

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#14 windsong

windsong

Special Agent - Cuteness Investigations

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

Hi Audrey - I was so shocked to read your news. And of course I will be praying for you. This is a hard path to walk but your attitude to this is absolutely right. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your family who sound like they give you much to be thankful for.

I know everyone here will be keeping you in their thoughts and I am sure that under other circumstances we on the cuteness thread might be making jokes about not minding a CT scan ourselves!!!
CERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

European Recovery Group for Late Night Chats - sleeping partner zzzzzzzzz

Whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1, Misinformation is a weapon of mass destruction
You could be a Caucasian or a poor Asian, Racism is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether inflation or globalization, Fear is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether Halliburton or Enron or anyone, Greed is a weapon of mass destruction
We need to find courage, overcome,Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

Faithless 2004

#15 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

I don't think we've met, Audrey, but my fingers are crossed for you. Glad your radiation treatments are done!

Posted Image
Everything Changes in the Expanse
(click banner to visit)

#16 Allee

Allee

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

Audrey

Hoping you have a happy Thanksgiving and that all goes well with your follow-up next month. :hug:

Posted Image

#17 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

You are in our thoughts and prayers, Audrey. I am thankful you have excellent doctors and the love and support of your family. May this Thanksgiving bring you peace of heart and mind, and your month full of healing promise. Hugs to you and your family.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#18 Allee

Allee

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

Audrey, I thought I'd maybe catch more people who haven't been around here lately on Twitter. So I shared the link to this thread there and will post any well-wishes here, if I receive them as replies there. Of course Tish has already posted in the thread herself, but she also posted this on Twitter for you: Audrey, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, for healing, blessing and strength.

Again, have a happy Thanksgiving. :hug:

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users