• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

For those of you who are familiar with my somewhat leftist leanings, you are probably asking yourself "why is he reading that book?"

Well, the answer is that I am something of an intellectual pervert, I have read Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck and several other conservative writers. Why do I do this? Simply because I want to hear their argument in their own, sometimes ghostwritten, words.

So, what did I garner from this book? Mostly, I came to understand that Alaska is quite beautiful and seems to have something of a lack of paved roads that really go anywhere. As far as I can tell that is where the facts in this book come to an end. The rest of this book breaks out into three trains of thought ... I was an awesome Mayor, I was a spectacular Governor, and Real American's love me and John McCain.

Truthfully though, I really don't know what she was trying to accomplish with this writing exercise. Yes she has been lampooned in the media, and yes she is something of a never-empty party pinata for the left wing, but given an opportunity to articulate herself in a measured way would clarify what she was trying to say. I was wrong.

According to this, I want to say book but everytime I come to that the word "novel" pops in my head, Sarah Palin was a dynamo as a mayor, achieved the most amazing legislative agenda in Alaska Gubernatorial history, and was the only one (aside from the godlike reverence she has for McCain) in the campaign who was truly in touch with the American People. According to this book Ronald Reagan sits on the right hand of Jesus himself, all the evils of the world lie at the feet of the Democratic Party, and only Sarah's "Common Sense Conservatism" can save America.

My opinion of this book ... guess? >:) I would rank this up with the conspiracy nuts and self help books, I could not have been less comfortable reading this drivel if I were stabbing myself in the eyes with chopsticks. Seriously, it was like giving myself a lobotomy with a cheese grater. There is no reconciling her semi-illiterate public statements with her pontifications on morality, economics, and political theory. If you are going to get someone to ghost a book for you (and there is nothing wrong with having a ghostwriter do the work for you) it would be important to make sure they don't try to make you seem way smarter than you could ever hope to be.
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users