1 reply to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

Posted Image

Trek.fm - Captain's Log - How Much for Just the Planet? (Book Review)

How Much for Just the Planet? starts out as just a typical day on the Enterprise. Kirk has been instructed by Starfleet to try out a new inflatable starship, meant for target practice. A Klingon ship, the Fire Blossom, is also having a typical—albeit boring—day. At the same time, a small Federation resource exploratory vessel, the Jefferson Randolf Smith, and its three crew members discover an enormous amount of dilithium on the planet Direidi.

Some interesting insights into a classic Trek book by John M. Ford. I've always thought they should turn this into a musical! Has anyone ever set the lyrics of the songs in this book to music?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

A Google scan has found that the search for the music of this book has been broached on Trek BBS and is summarised by the Andorian scholar, Therin of Andoria and includes the "Theme from Rawhide," "Falling in Love Again," and "Just a Gigolo."

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users