Photo

"Valiant".

7 replies to this topic

#1 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:36 AM

This episode about how Jake and Nog come on ship class "defiant",where all crew-this cadets from starfleet academy.
They want attack ship Dominion,but they meet six Dominion fighters.
This episode is very interesting,dramatic,have good action and special effects.What more say about this episode: interesting,dinamic,wonderful.This is awesome episode in "DS9".
After watch this episode i have some questions:why cadets give battle ship,they do noc captains or officers fleet.And more why they move ship on Dominion fighters,this was danger for crew ship.

Trailer to episode "Valiant".

Edited by Martok, 13 October 2011 - 10:29 AM.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Darkwing

Darkwing

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

They're not just any cadets...they're Red Squad. Our series Red Squad, is based on this, as it focuses on the new cadets of Red Squad. Cool eh?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

The problem with these cadets is their superior ethos and lack of experience, perfectly demonstrated in the speech Jake Sisko delivers. Seasoned officers would have recognised the futility of attacking such a powerful ship and returned the intelligence they had gathered to Starfleet Command.

These are kids playing at being Officers with disastrous if not inevitable consequences. Pretty much summed up by Nog's evaluation at the end. Makes for a damned good episode though.

Edited by Greystone, 03 November 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#4 Zell Denver

Zell Denver

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

I'm heavily divided on the episode, myself. If I were Nog, I'd say; following the introductions, "As the most senior officer here, minus your brevet, I hereby assume command of the USS Valiant. You stand relieved. Make a note in the log." But that wouldn't have addressed the episode's point of command responsibility though.
Posted Image

#5 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

I'm heavily divided on the episode, myself. If I were Nog, I'd say; following the introductions, "As the most senior officer here, minus your brevet, I hereby assume command of the USS Valiant. You stand relieved. Make a note in the log." But that wouldn't have addressed the episode's point of command responsibility though.

I'm not sure they would have accepted that either, being aware of how self important those kadets were.

#6 Zell Denver

Zell Denver

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

Probably not, and it would have made a short episode too XD
Posted Image

#7 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

Very true lol

#8 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

I've seen many people and articles hate on this episode, though I am not sure why. Maybe it's not the strongest story ever told, but it sure is something every young person (and older) needs to be refreshed on...there's courage, and then there's....stupidity...especially if your captain is a druggie. But I digress. Overall, this is a strong episode in my book, and the amazing special effects only add to the flavor.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users