Star Trek: Eternal Night

11 replies to this topic

#1 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

It was the dawn of a new era of peace, ten years after the Dominion War. The Unity Project was a joint effort with the Klingons to secure the Romulan Neutral Zone. Seven outposts along the border, as the Romulans returned to being cloaked in mystery. Despite a devastating galactic war just a decade prior, the Romulans are prepared to fight hard. They focus on the Aldermain Strait, a narrow corridor through which all ships must travel to reach the front line of sector 47. The Romulans want to end the Federation threat once and for all...

Eternal Night takes place along the Romulan Neutral Zone. Sector 47 is key to any long term foothold by either side in the conflict, "the high ground" in the Aldermain strait is essential to securing this sector. With a massive black hole on one side, and a Metreon Nebula on the other - there is only a narrow corridor about 500, 000km wide. Approximately fifteen ships have been lost in peace time in the area. The Romulans first strike, in retaliation for the Unity starbases, was in this area - twenty allied ships were lost. Starfleet Intelligence believes the Romulans either have massive production capabilities or were holding back during the Dominion War - as there is no way a fleet as large as 400 D-Deridex warbirds could be marshaled so quickly. A mysterious alien race is also hampering efforts in the area - both sides have reported conflicts with unidentified craft ... in most cases, these aliens have won.

The "Neutral Zone" is the border between the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Star Empire. It was established following the Earth-Romulan war, in 2161. It was further enforced in the Treaty of Algeron, signed in 2311 following the Tomed Incident. The border is approximately 5 sectors away from the Sol system, roughly 5 days travel at a cruising warp speed of 7.4. It has been the flashpoint for numerous engagements that ended in stalemates since 2161. Following the Dominion War and the Senate Incident with Praetor Shinzon, the Romulan Empire fell back to within it's borders, and it seemed to return to it's tactics of the early 2300's. After numerous hit-and-run style skirmishes, aimed at keeping Starfleet off balance along the border, the Federation Council approved - with the assistance of the Klingon High Council - the construction of 7 unique starbases along the border. On stardate 62057.5 the keel was laid of 3 bases simultaneously, 2 along the Klingon-Romulan border. The Romulans tried and failed to destroy the construction efforts, and six bases were completed on stardate 62754.1. Construction on Unity One - the command post for the Unity Project - was delayed and is due for completion on stardate 63001.7.

If you were to look at the galactic map (Gamma Quadrant in the top left, Delta Quadrant top right, Alpha Quadrant bottom left and Beta Quadrant bottom right.) The Romulan Empire would be placed roughly in the centre of the Beta Quadrant with the Federation to it's left, in the Alpha Quadrant, and the Klingons below across both quadrants (The Cardassian Union is to the left of the Federation, and the Ferengi are below the Cardassians.) As a consequence the seven bases are spread over 300 light years, about 43 light years apart. The Ninth Fleet's primary patrol route will see them lap each base every 6 months.

Text messages begin the series. The first one is available.

I'll post updates as they happen.

Edited by trekzone, 09 October 2011 - 10:35 AM.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:19 AM

Interesting scenario, TrekZone, and it looks like you are setting up some inovative use of media!

The games afoot!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

Interesting scenario, TrekZone, and it looks like you are setting up some inovative use of media!

The games afoot!

K

Thanks K ... stay tuned, more shortly!

#4 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

TREKZONE.org is up and running :). The site will develop like a series now, new information to go up every now and then :).

#5 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

TREKZONE.org is up and running :). The site will develop like a series now, new information to go up every now and then :).

Great start! This is the type of thing you need to visit regularly - will you have an RSS or some other way of keeping up with new entries? Different media will be added to the interface as the story progresses? Its like a pointilist painting that is made up of a myriad number of dots - flash fics - that together make up a grand vista! Unique work, buddy - breaking new ground!

You're on a winner here, TZ

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#6 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

Great start! This is the type of thing you need to visit regularly - will you have an RSS or some other way of keeping up with new entries? Different media will be added to the interface as the story progresses? Its like a pointilist painting that is made up of a myriad number of dots - flash fics - that together make up a grand vista! Unique work, buddy - breaking new ground!

Well because I want to have the text displayed the way it is, everything is graphical ... so an RSS feed wouldn't work without doubling everything up. But, you know... it is possible!

BTW, I've updated the homepage to be a little more informative.

You're on a winner here, TZ

Thanks! Shame no one else is poping in!

Edited by trekzone, 10 September 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#7 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

Looking good TZ.:thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#8 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

Thanks! Shame no one else is poping in!

Have you got a forum or some other direct way of readers leaving comment? I've got a few Aussie avenues I can plug yet - what are you doing for Supanova in Brisbane in November?

K

Posted Image

#9 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Have you got a forum or some other direct way of readers leaving comment? I've got a few Aussie avenues I can plug yet - what are you doing for Supanova in Brisbane in November?

K

I'm walking before running, so at this stage nothing for Supanova. I've just cast Ryan MacKenzie, which is great! I'm reworking the script and how that'll work.

#10 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

Well, I hope you all get a little excited... my first cast member has agreed to voice a couple of pages over at TREKZONE.org. James Horan will voice the "Xenological Profile" and the "LCARS File" at this early stage. I'm hoping he can be convinced to reprise the role I've created (Commander John Hooper) once the series goes into production. James has appeared in four spin off series, most notably as "Future Guy" in Enterprise.

James has been cast as part of my attempt to stick to canon while adding my own touch. (well, almost everyone on the series was American for some reason...so most of my crew will be American too. But Australia will REPRESENT! LOL) \

#11 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

Star Trek: Eternal Night has finally been updated! Head to TREKZONE.org for the latest!

#12 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

James Horan (Jo'Bril & Lt Barnaby in TNG, Ikat'ika in DS9, Tosin in VOY & "Humanoid Figure" in ENT) has jumped in front of the microphone to help round out a site upgrade tonight.
Head to TREKZONE.org and follow the links through to the Romulan profile!

Edited by trekzone, 09 October 2011 - 09:58 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users