• This topic is locked This topic is locked
998 replies to this topic

#981 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

Going to the Veterans Day Parade!! My eldest will be trying to march with his snare drum for the first time....They never even practiced marching?? 2nd son will be marching with the Boy Scouts! The girlies will be marching with Brownies!! Mom will be hanging around!!

Well...I raked my whole yard and mowed it the other day and it is covered with leaves again from the rain....I can't even get rid of the leaves because the dump isn't open today and tomorrow I'm playing in a charity softball tournament. (Who's idea was that??)

Okie dokie...

Happy 11/11/11 :thumbsup:
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#982 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

Driving up in our all terrain SUV, we get PINK2 and the Riker boys to unload our newly sanitized bar goodies from the cargo area. Thank goodness for baryon sweeps, or who knows WHAT critters would have been carted over from that Klingon bar!

First order of business, check out the tiled shower/steam/bath stalls in this TU TriplePlay Sports Bar, so we can soon forget the grime. I see that the Riker boys are setting up the jukebox, the pool needs to go out that side door to the water polo area, and we have the holoroom to the right, already programed for Parrises Square, raquetball, basketball, soccer and baseball. Through those swinging doors in the back you will see the martial arts arena, for tsunkates,
fencing, or Anbo-jitsu, all the equipment pieces are lining the walls, just be careful as they are all honed to perfection.

As you can see, here in the main bar area, we have alcoves for games of chance, strategy, logic, and darts...just be careful with whom you play! Excuseme while I go tell the boys where to put our small statue of Zefram Cochrane, that baseball, the alien flute, and a trombone.....

Now, with all these big screens, we have access to any competition being shown all over the quadrant, and some even further. There will be no denying the fans their armchair refereeing here! Speaking of armchairs,
we have leather recliners, with heated massagers, and triple sized cup holders.....I will explain about that later.

This beautiful wooden floor will be easier for the Riker boys and YER (who just showed up with the other bar equipment) to keep shiny and clean, but just to make sure they do, there are freshly roasted unshelled peanuts on every table, just throw the shells on the floor, and they will sweep it all up! Makes for a nice crunch when we want to shove some of the chairs aside and dance.

Now, all the cleaned bar things are ready, we are open for business, and I am waiting for everyone.....don't forget to
bring over the stuff I could not pack into the SUV!

Oh, maybe the real first order of business is to share in celebration of our name,this bar only serves TRIPLE shot drinks......so enjoy!

Posted Image

Take your pick.....I am having a Frozen Hot Tucker. Going out to the drivingrange with my golf clubs (it's ME, of COURSE we have a golfing facility here - just go through the pool area, it is just over that grassy ridge)....getting warmed up for my round of 18 on our golf course......did you hear about the orbital green on 16? Required use of the transporter for the player.....not the ball.

Hi TU Friends......I have the SUV all cleaned, waxed, tires aired up, full of gas, ready to assist our new patron's move to the next bar scene! Until then, we need to make use of all the fun to be had here in our TriplePlay Sports Bar..

Water polo match, fencing, games of chess, sauna. Those chairs in the movie room are sanitized for your choice of sports movie/game/documentary, in HD surround sound no less. I think I will watch Band of Brothers today, in honor of 11/11/11 and our Veterans.

The Riker boys are polishing our ZC statue, the trombone and alien flute, YER is sweeping ever day to get all those peanut shells off of the floor. They have done a great job keeping this bar clean - I think the Klingon bar left an impression on them for desired cleanliness!

A round of golf on our beautiful TriplePlay course is in order as well, I will get that in today before settling in to watch the movie. And of course, anything on the menu you want, PINK2 is ready to go all out to make our last moments here be spectacular! I think I'll put in an order of T'Pol's vegetable platter, along with sparkling water.

Of course, I must end this busy time with the best Hot Tucker to be had under the sun.....PINK2 is a wiz at those!

Enjoy, y'all....who knows what our next bar will have for us to enjoy.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#983 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

trekkin', have fun at the parade....it is great that all the kiddos have a part of it, At that age, they LOVE parades!

11/11/11

I think I will do 11 life-affirming, positive things today to honor our veterans and the sacrifices they have made to give me that ability. I will report back later what I accomplished.

Share with me, if you choose to do the same.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#984 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII EVERYONE!
Posted Image

http://sailortrekkie92.deviantart.com/
Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#985 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Good news: i end with fans x-men and animated series,i return again to Star Trek.
Yes my fans comics movies was do not long: one year.I do not know how long will be my fan Star trek,but think,what in 50 age i will be watch "Star Trek" and enjoy good sci fi story,i hope on this. I do not know why do not like "ENT",me "Enterprise" very like,watch all four seasons,but very like season first and two. Me like episode "Seven".In season first interesting episode "Broken bow" and "Shockwave".I too do not know why this series was cancelled.For me this series too interesting as TOS,because this preqel original series.Me very sorry,what this series was cancelled in 2005 year,if this series watch many people,maybe was season five,six,seven,but do not fate.What do you think about this series,like you "ENT" or no?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#986 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

I think I might. I love Disney :D

:Hugs: I'm sorry Commander. :/ Feel better.

I did not know that about Vitamin B... Shows how much I know :P Thanks trekkin. I'll keep that in mind and I'll have to go find some soon.

Thanks. I almost forgot about my new age.... I love it! It's what got me though highschool. I can't believe I forgot about that... (Chocolate is always the answer. :D )

Thanks Paulinem. I am seeing a doctor on friday for and oddity on my *cough* breast. I'll ask him about that while I'm there. I honestly don't know what it's from. Part of it is school related stress but I've been freaking out when there aren't even any major projects and such due. hmmm I'll just have to ask about it.

yeah... my mind is kind of a brat like that. I hate it when it stresses over something and doesn't let me know. Thanks Allee! I hadn't thought to deal with it that way. Usually I just stress about the stress and then it adds to the stress, causing me to stress even more! AHH! Except this time I don't know what it is that's bugging me. Like I said before, i think I will ask my doctor next week and we'll see if we can come up with a solution :D

Feel better! I lately have been able to get back into my writing so that has been helpful. I love video games, but my brothers wont' share lol.

Thanks tishkajaku! I hope I get in a better moon soon too. :D I will add walks to the list. I can't do yoga. I fail at it. :)

Thank you all! I'll let you know what happens. I appreciate all the support. :D

Good luck with everything, Kate! :hug:

Hi Tea! :wave:

Ooh I smell meatballs. :eat:

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#987 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hi Tea! :wave:

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

Lightspeedpurple's art
Guest Password-Pikachu(It's not my real login password, it's for guest use only)

#988 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Heh well since it's 11/11/11, can it be a Spinal Tap bar? :)

PS Martok - I really love ENT. I relate to it a lot better than the other series.

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#989 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

I did actually have some thyme tea my first day of being sick. Seemed to help a little.

I'm finally starting to feel better, though I'm still not 100%. Nasty, nasty bug.

I hope you continue to get better, ee! Posted Image

oh crap that is a busy and expensive time of year to travel to europe. There still are rooms to get but the prices are high. But Going overseas is always fun.

Yeah, it is. Still waiting to hear if my niece has found us some cheap accommodation, which is just around the corner from where she is living. So, we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Okay....so...here we are at the end of the thread...

Where to next? Seems to me that we have not been to South America yet. Brazil?? Or we could travel in time to a Mayan city.

OR...we could go to a nice beach in Greece...Hmmm?? Santorini?? Black sand beach from a sunken volcano.....ahhhh....We could go to Ancient Greece....Have we been to Egypt? So many places...so little time....

Any ideas??

*grabs a waterbottle and heads to the tennis courts.*

Oh...What about a Celtic bar?

Hmmm... I like the Ancient Greece idea.

Ooh I smell meatballs. :eat:

Posted Image Yes, please!

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#990 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

HIIII TEA!

Martok, I agree with jespah that I can relate to ENT better than the other ST series.....love our Enterprise and NX01 crew, should have had more seasons. Sigh.

Kate, chocolate is the answer to everything. I am glad you are seeing the doctor about that cough.

mmmmm meatballs. Save me some, Allee and pauline!

#991 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

HIIII TEA!

^___________^
Posted Image

Lightspeedpurple's art

#992 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

My very like topic here on TU of course topic about series "Deep space nine",because this my very like series,good special effects,heroes,ships,palnets and of course story.Some episodes was write Ronald Moore-creater "BSG".

Now in my city snow and - 4*C.In total i like when on street white snow.This wonderful time,when all in snow,go snow storm,this good time.Will be new year 31 decamber this year.Will be congratulation new year to 4-five time night,will be eating food,listen music on radio,will be holiday.Interesting know: how you celebration new year in USA?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#993 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

So has the next bar been decided?
Posted Image

Lightspeedpurple's art

#994 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

The Bar with No Name
3.5 star rating
7 reviews Rating Details

Category: Nightlife Bars Bars [Edit]
1651 Bloor St W
Toronto, ON M6P 1A6
Neighbourhood: High Park

Price Range:
$
Accepts Credit Cards:
Yes
Good for Groups:
Yes
Outdoor Seating:
Yes

Music:
DJ, Background
Best Nights:
Mon
Happy Hour:
Yes
Alcohol:
Full Bar
Smoking:
Outdoor Area/ Patio Only

Coat Check:
No
Noise Level:
Average
Good For Dancing:
No
Has TV:
Yes

7 reviews for The Bar with No Name

* The Bar with No Name
Review from Joey S.

This place has really grown on me since my first review. Make no mistake, it isn't a high-brow bar, it feels more like one's living room instead. The main night time bartender, Patrick, is great and really makes this a welcoming place. He is also one of the bar's owners.

Two big pluses for this bar:
1) The beer is value priced and is local craft brewed from breweries such as: Mill St, Steamwhistle, King, and Flying Monkees.
2) Super-friendly staff.

It seems like a living room or basement rec-room because Wednesday evenings they have video and board game competitions.
The sitting area is relatively small during the months that the large backyard patio isn't open.

The food is good, and they now have a printed menu. It is a rather limited selection, but I do highly recommend their burger.

If you like "Hole in the wall" atmosphere, cramped quarters, and craft beer, then I think this a place people will generally like, quite probably a lot.

#995 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, it is. Still waiting to hear if my niece has found us some cheap accommodation, which is just around the corner from where she is living. So, we're keeping our fingers crossed.

keeping them crossed for you too.

I am totaly cold, we welcomed Sinterklaas into town on the villagegreen today and I stayed to talk to to many people. Had a super nice time but it still is cold out there. Good to have fun things in these dark day's

up to the next bar I guess, I'll bring Posted Image
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#996 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

I upload on my new youtube channel this vieo clip with cool song from "Tarzan":

I think,what you this song very like.Enjoy!

about trek: i think,what need stop watch Star trek and return to watch in october next year.
I think,what x-men evolution too interesting series.Please say: you watch this series or no?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#997 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

Decision made.

Where are we going to put the horse?

http://www.trekunite...showtopic=21142
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#998 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Got this idea of The Bar With No Name. Looked on Google and discovered there was a real bar with this name in EE town Toronto.

And now we wait for Bill, who will arrive with the key in order to close the gate of this "old" sports bar.

#999 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Door closed, locked up and moving on.....:cheers:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users