Fake Jolene Twitter accounts

4 replies to this topic

#1 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

I hoped that this had been cleared up a couple of weeks ago but I guess not, because I saw someone from this site giving a "#follow friday" on Twitter today to a bogus account that's impersonating Jolene Blalock.

A fake account "@JoleneActress" has been following people, leading fans to believe Jolene is following them. The Delphic Expanse's Twitter account was one such follow. I looked more closely at @JoleneActress and saw several red flags that indicate it's a fake. We alerted Jolene via @DelphicExpanse and asked her to confirm/deny that she had a second account, and she responded with a tweet to all her fans that @JOLENEBLALOCK is her ONLY Twitter account.

So if you've been following/promoting "@JoleneActress" or any other account besides Jolene's established one, please stop.

Why is this important? Because Jolene has worked very hard to build her career and her "brand," and no one in her right mind would want her fans to be duped by a fake. Furthermore, there have been reports at other sites about accounts impersonating Jolene posting links that supposedly go to pictures or whatever, and the unsuspecting fan ends up at gambling websites or some such. I think it's a safe bet that Jolene doesn't want her name associated with such unscrupulous spammer behavior, nor would she want her fans to promote it.

So rather than promote the wrong account, please spread the word about fakes and promote the right one: @JoleneBlalock. Thanks.

Posted Image
Everything Changes in the Expanse
(click banner to visit)

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

Ah, thanks -- I'll fix the tweet now.

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#3 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

Glad you are watching out for our ST actors....gotta keep it on the up and up!!!! :buttrock:
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#4 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

Well, it's not just the actors themselves. It's also about the unwitting fans who are duped into clicking on things that are actually spam, and we know how spammers also like to leave behind little presents like viruses, trojan horses, etc.

But whoever we're looking out for, we owe it to them to spread *correct* information about who's who and what's what. ;)

Posted Image
Everything Changes in the Expanse
(click banner to visit)

#5 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:26 AM

It is good to know that you're taking care of this issue, AquariusNX01. I've been following the official Jolene Twitter account, and I also hate the fake accounts; and I don't mean just the spam accounts, I do mean the fan-made accounts. As a Fringe fan, I'm sick of the fake Anna Torv accounts.

In this specific case you're talking about, what drives me mad, is that Trek fans themselves take the wrong turn SO easily, I cannot believe it.

Thank you very much for taking care, you're a true ENT fan.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users