Photo

New ST game to tie into upcoming movie, reflect canon.

3 replies to this topic

#1 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

Video game tie-ins tend to be a losing prospect. They’re cheap, they’re half-hearted, and tend to exist a another piece of merchandise that will end up in a 70% off bin six months later. They’re are exception GoldenEye 007 and Spider-Man 2 come to mind, but quality tie-ins are few and far between. Whethe upcoming Star Trek game will be good as a game remains to be seen, but executive producer and scre Roberto Orci says it will function as canon. Orci goes on to say, “It’s going to be a story that fits into ou and fits into between the first two movies.” That’s a dangerous prospect. Hit the jump for quotes from game and why I think this could seriously backfire. [Full article]
http://collider.com/...-bridge/100438/
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 RichMerk

RichMerk

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

And so the idiocy begins anew. For the first movie, you had to read a comic book series to understand what the hell was going on. For the second you'll have to play a video game? It's extremely clear who the target audience is for modern Trek. Those of us who have been staunch supporters for the last 45 years are yet again being given a giant middle finger and dismissed.

#3 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:20 AM

Cool,new game on "Star Trek" will be in next year,but me interesting one small question: this game will be release for computer or will be only on game console(xbox and others)?I do not have console and play in game on computer.I hope,what this game will be release for PC.I watch screenshot from game,me very like.I mean,what in game can will be fly on shuttle and fly in space,graphic in game,if watch trailer good,best than in STO.But me interesting this MMORPG,where need pay big money every month?If game will be MMORPG and with every pay,i do not buy this game.I do not have many money what pay for game every month.If game will be genre MMORPG,i will be wait other game "Star Trek",where do not need will be pay money.

Edited by Martok, 06 July 2011 - 04:35 AM.

#4 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

Awesome, i can't wait!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users