Photo

The First Annual Delphic Expanse Awards!

9 replies to this topic

#1 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hope this is okay to put here, since it's Enterprise and fanfic reated. In anticipation of our first anniversary in September, the admins at The Delphic Expanse want to kick off a celebration with an awards event to honor the best in Enterprise fanfic, fan art, and fan vids. We've opened nominations and are accepting them until August 1, 2011. Threads containing information about the awards can be found here.

For logistics purposes, voter participation as well as eligibility to have your work nominated is restricted to Delphic Expanse forum members and work housed in our archive. This is because we didn't want to exclude any fanfic that had been written in the years prior to our opening, but we needed a clear-cut way to regulate eligibility so the same things aren't nominated/winning year after year. We welcome all fans to join, and archiving with us is a breeze. All work submitted to our archive is subject to our submission guidelines, even if it has been previously archived elsewhere. Please see our guidelines and FAQs before archiving.

Our site is Gen, Slash, and Het friendly. We don't discriminate, regardless of genre or 'ship.

Unfortunately, we have no glamorous prizes like Big!Cash!Dollars! or fabulous merchandise to offer winners, just a nifty icon designed for them and bragging rights. Mostly we're just doing this for fun, and for an opportunity to give the makers of our favorite fanworks a pat on the back while building a strong sense of community within the fandom.

All award-specific questions should be directed to honeybee@thedelphicexpanse.com. Community or archive questions can either go to her or me at aquarius@thedelphicexpanse.com.

Thanks for your time! We're really excited about this. I hope to see some new faces get in on the action. :-)

Posted Image
Everything Changes in the Expanse
(click banner to visit)

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

Hope this is okay to put here, since it's Enterprise and fanfic reated. In anticipation of our first anniversary in September, the admins at The Delphic Expanse want to kick off a celebration with an awards event to honor the best in Enterprise fanfic, fan art, and fan vids. We've opened nominations and are accepting them until August 1, 2011. Threads containing information about the awards can be found here.

For logistics purposes, voter participation as well as eligibility to have your work nominated is restricted to Delphic Expanse forum members and work housed in our archive. This is because we didn't want to exclude any fanfic that had been written in the years prior to our opening, but we needed a clear-cut way to regulate eligibility so the same things aren't nominated/winning year after year. We welcome all fans to join, and archiving with us is a breeze. All work submitted to our archive is subject to our submission guidelines, even if it has been previously archived elsewhere. Please see our guidelines and FAQs before archiving.

Our site is Gen, Slash, and Het friendly. We don't discriminate, regardless of genre or 'ship.

Unfortunately, we have no glamorous prizes like Big!Cash!Dollars! or fabulous merchandise to offer winners, just a nifty icon designed for them and bragging rights. Mostly we're just doing this for fun, and for an opportunity to give the makers of our favorite fanworks a pat on the back while building a strong sense of community within the fandom.

All award-specific questions should be directed to honeybee@thedelphicexpanse.com. Community or archive questions can either go to her or me at aquarius@thedelphicexpanse.com.

Thanks for your time! We're really excited about this. I hope to see some new faces get in on the action. :-)

Hmmm... Does that include script-based fics? I've got something I could finish off... >Harumph!<

AquariusNX01, as the mod for the subforum it is my duty to tell you... Welcome to the TrekUnited forums! public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif Feel free to post any news you have from The Delphic Expanse. public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif

We thought about doing something in September to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Enterprise but the idea sort of petered out - perhaps we could do something to help? <Puts on pimping hat> How would you like us to put together a pdf paperback of the category winners? Supply your own coverart or I could put the word around DevArt for you? We could brand it Delphic Expanse, you could even open your own Issuu page for it and mirror the book on your website (the Issuu embedding doesn't work on forums otherwise I'd do it here) - all I ask is a one line credit on the inside credit page, "Published for The Delphic Expanse by TrekUnited Publishing". I'm pretty sure Richard Merk would turn it into eBooks for you and put it on his website. If you want to do it yourself I'll give you copies of our templates and talk you through it.

Why? Your success will be a success for Enterprise fandom and that's something we still care about here.

Cheers

Kirok of L'Stok

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

That sounds like a really neat idea, Kirok. Let me run it by my partner and see what she says.

Thanks! :)

ETA: Whoops, hit submit before I was really done!

I'm not sure what you mean by "script-based fics." If you mean a fic that is submitted in screenplay format, that is fine, we have a category for that. (Sidebar: one of my majors is electronic media and film, so if anyone needs help with screenplay formatting, I'm happy to help.) If you're referring to a novelization of an episode, we'd have to decline; copyright infringement is already a slippery slope when it comes to fanfic, and when someone asked us about it before, we decided it was too close to the wrong side of the line.

Edited by AquariusNX01, 06 July 2011 - 07:49 AM.

Posted Image
(click banner to visit)

#4 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hey, Kirok--sorry about the double post, but I tried to PM you regarding this matter, and I got an error message saying you weren't allowed to receive any new messages??? :blink: :unsure:

If PMing me is out of the question, can you please email me?

Thanks.

Posted Image
(click banner to visit)

#5 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hey, Kirok--sorry about the double post, but I tried to PM you regarding this matter, and I got an error message saying you weren't allowed to receive any new messages??? :blink: :unsure:

If PMing me is out of the question, can you please email me?

Thanks.

That's my fault, sorry, my inbox is full. I'll email you directly. I'm off work today with the start of a chest cold so I've got time to catch up with... stuff. Might even archive the old stuff in my Inbox, eh?

K :sadangel:

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#6 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

That sounds like a really neat idea, Kirok. Let me run it by my partner and see what she says.

Thanks! :)

ETA: Whoops, hit submit before I was really done!

I'm not sure what you mean by "script-based fics." If you mean a fic that is submitted in screenplay format, that is fine, we have a category for that. (Sidebar: one of my majors is electronic media and film, so if anyone needs help with screenplay formatting, I'm happy to help.) If you're referring to a novelization of an episode, we'd have to decline; copyright infringement is already a slippery slope when it comes to fanfic, and when someone asked us about it before, we decided it was too close to the wrong side of the line.

I was thinking of finishing THIS, which is based on someone else's script who has been dead for hundreds of years! :innocent:

K

Posted Image

#7 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

I see you've got a plug on Trek.fm - how can you vote for the awards?

Posted Image

#8 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

Hi, Kirok! *waves*

Voting doesn't open until August 2.

In order to vote, one must be a registered member of the Delphic Expanse. Registration is free and quick.

I believe Honeybee is going to set up a poll offsite, as using the forum's polling function shows how many votes an option has had. We want people to vote for the nominees they like best, not based on things like "this one is already winning" or "this one is behind," so we feel it's best to try to keep voting "blind."

Nominations are open until 12:00 AM EDT August 1, 2011, so there's still time to register and nominate if you've read something you like in our archive.

P.S. Kirok--I sent you a PM at the Expanse but I don't know if you got it yet. B)

Posted Image
(click banner to visit)

#9 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

P.S. Kirok--I sent you a PM at the Expanse but I don't know if you got it yet. B)

Thanks for the update, Aquarius. I read the PM, its a bit late to do what I was planning on doing for the nomination deadline (I'll reply privately to explain), but I might have some artwork for you.

K

Posted Image

#10 AquariusNX01

AquariusNX01

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

I'll look for your message, Kirok.

Just to clarify, nominations are being handled through our forum, as they are being done via private message to a dedicated Expanse Awards account. You may join our archive as well, however that will not get you the capability to send a PM through proper channels to nominate.

Posted Image
(click banner to visit)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users